Why You Won't Get Me to Give Up Touchwiz Launcher for Nova

Dude2

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
So do any of the TW guru's know how to have the built in Samsung Internet app trying to edit/customize the title of an Web Site shortcut placed on the Home Screen? Can the title be changed in TW?

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
So do any of the TW guru's know how to have the built in Samsung Internet app trying to edit/customize the title of an Web Site shortcut placed on the Home Screen? Can the title be changed in TW?

Open the bookmarks, long press on the one you want to edit, then tap "more" and change the title.

Now I'm doing that from my Note 5, it should be the same for you unless they have drastically changed something.

Last edited:

SteelGator

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
I think this comment perfectly sums up TouchWiz. Samsung took SO LONG to improve it, that now people won't even give it a legit shot. I don't blame them at all either. Samsung really screwed the pooch in taking so long to make it a better interface. That being said, I enjoy TouchWiz now and I think Samsung deserves loads of credit for what they've finally accomplished. I really don't see the need for Nova anymore. After 6 days with this, I've uninstalled Nova and will stick with TW until further notice.

Of course, there is always the myth that if you use Nova, you are not using TW. :)

Granted, the face of TW and a lot of the interaction with TW is the launcher. TW is also all the options in settings, TW is your notification shade and everything you can to with it, TW is your S-pen, TW is the edge application, TW is AOD.

Folks you can complain about TW all you want, but if you are on Sammy, you are using and appreciate TW way more than you think . . .

That said, I am enjoying the TW launcher more this iteration than I did on the N4. I was not able to make it a week then, and I don't think I will change launcher soon on the N7.

billykac

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
I love Nova, and it was my go-to launcher on every phone I've owned in recent years.

But I love TW on the note series even more. This version sporting the new Grace ux is killer imo.

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
LOL! I can't stand my phone without Nova Launcher, Prime and Tesla Unread. They are the first things I load onto a new phone. Upped my enjoyment of my Samsung phones by an order of magnitude. That, and Hiya, to stop all the irritating telemarketer/scam calls, of which I average 2 a day for the last 9-10 months.

optimummind

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
I'm continuing to use Nova on my Nexus 5X but on my GS7 Edge, I'm now using TouchWiz. I do miss the swipe down for notification gesture but I adjusted by using Pie Control and Power Toggles.

Dude2

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Open the bookmarks, long press on the one you want to edit, then tap "more" and change the title.

Now I'm doing that from my Note 5, it should be the same for you unless they have drastically changed something.
They must have changed it. There is no "More" button. I can change the title in Bookmarks but there is no "Copy short cut to Home page".

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
They must have changed it. There is no "More" button. I can change the title in Bookmarks but there is no "Copy short cut to Home page".

Long press on a bookmark until it selects it. Is there a 3 dot menu in the top right? Post a screenshot after you long press.

Attachments

• 1472090575858.jpg
    1472090575858.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 19
  • 1472090588357.jpg
    1472090588357.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 19

Dude2

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
"Long press on a bookmark until it selects it. Is there a 3 dot menu in the top right? Post a screenshot after you long press. "
Right, that's what I have too. But I don't see any menu with "Add Shortcut on Home Screen" on the Note 7.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
"Long press on a bookmark until it selects it. Is there a 3 dot menu in the top right? Post a screenshot after you long press. "
Right, that's what I have too. But I don't see any menu with "Add Shortcut on Home Screen" on the Note 7.

Totally missed adding a bookmark to the Homescreen. Go to the web page you want a bookmark for. The "More" or three dot more menu, should have an option for "add shortcut to homescreen". And I would think the only editing you might can do with the title is in the bookmarks, but let me check.

Changing the title in Bookmarks doesn't affect the name on the desktop bookmark.

Attachments

• 1472091859046.jpg
    1472091859046.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 21

Dude2

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
"Totally missed adding a bookmark to the Homescreen. Go to the web page you want a bookmark for. The "More" or three dot more menu, should have an option for "add shortcut to homescreen". And I would think the only editing you might can do with the title I'd in the bookmarks, but let me check. "
Right, but I don't see a way to edit the title once it is added to Home Screen?

qnet

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
I actually like the TW launcher better this time also. There are some things I wish I had more control over but, I like the overall look with the Material design theme installed. I still like Nova but the TW launcher seems to scale the widgets down better to match the screen resolution. It looks much cleaner.

bushy73

Aug 14, 2016
Visit site
I guess it's all about what you get used to. I used apex launcher for ages, but defaulted back to TouchWiz a year ago on my note 4 with ported S7 Rom.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance