Why You Won't Get Me to Give Up Touchwiz Launcher for Nova

RichBrown68

Banned
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
This is going to seem like blasphemy... daring to attack nova launcher, but there are several reasons why I prefer the touchwiz launcher to it. 1) I like that if I download several apps, until I remember their names, I know exactly where to find them: at the end of the app drawer. When I'm ready to alphabetize them, I can click the sort option. 2) The google search bar on any other launcher always looks ridiculously fat. Only touchwiz makes it somewhat more slender, which I prefer. 3) I like the option to give almost any wallpaper the 3d parallax effect. 4) With touchwiz, I can create a note in Samsung notes and then send it to the home screen. This doesn't work in other launchers. 5)Finally, here is one that I just discovered today that I've already fallen in love with. In touchwiz, I can rotate amongst the various home screens without even touching the screen. I just hover the S pen above the bottom of the screen, move it to the right and the screen scrolls.

--RICH
Can I get a moderator to edit the title to say you, not thou.

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
I could be wrong, but I think u can do those things with Nova too... I had Nova on my Note 5 I could do some of the things ur say u can't do

ctychick

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I really tried to stick with Touch Wiz, but after about a day I went back to Nova. The deal breaker for me was the inability to choose cover icons for my app folders on my home screen. I can't stand having the folder contents visible as either stacks or in little grids. Way too busy. Nova allows you to choose any icon for the folder "cover" that best represents the contents of that folder. Ie, I have a filmstrip icon on the cover of my folder containing my Netflix, YouTube, HBO apps, etc. I don't think you can do this in TW, and it's one of my favorite Nova features.

Posted via the Android Central App

athenatp

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
I'm sorry but I tried every other launcher and I always return to TW... I read all the so called bad things that people post about it and I honestly don't get it....I guess to each it's own....I have had Samsung since the Note 2 came out, so I am pretty familiar with all the launchers out there. And none of them impress me that much to steer me away from TW.

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
I been using Nova for my past 3 phones, Nova is great
This time, I told myself I'll stick with Touchwiz because it got more customization features. So far I'm loving it!
Although, I do miss the 5 icon dock

anon(52425)

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
Disagree. I finally changed today from stock to Nova today and the performance boost alone has been worth it. And that customization...awesome. Samsung has done well with touchwiz but it's not quite there.

Dimas de Leon

Aug 22, 2016
Visit site
I tried TW, Go Launcher, Themer, Google Now, Yahoo Aviate Launcher and Apex. Nova Prime is the best. Can't imagine me using anything else.

mona5804

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site
Nova really is the best for me. The name touch wiz makes me cringe just hearing it. My note 7 flies like it's a nexus device. Wouldn't have gone back to android if nova wasn't an option.

iimthomas

Aug 21, 2016
Visit site
you guys are making it hard for me to decide what to go with. doing the switch from iphone to android once again. it's been a long time. there weren't any launchers when i had android. i guess i will have to try them out and see what i like when i get my note 7 tomorrow morning :)

Stealthieone

Sep 5, 2012
Visit site
I tried to like tw but nova won me back... It feels faster... Can fit more icons on the screen... Etc... Only thing I'll miss is the wallpaper effect of tw.

Posted via the Android Central App

RichBrown68

Banned
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
This may be a stupid question but does the S Pen work the same over any launcher?

For the most part, but not entirely. On the touchwiz launcher, you can use the S pen to hover over a screen and scroll from one screen to the next. You can also use the S pen from Samsung notes to create a note then send it to the home screen. You cannot do either of these with other launchers.

--RICH

jmk32

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I tried to set up TouchWiz the way I had my Note 4 with Nova, but it lasted me less than a day and 1/2 until I had to go back to Nova.
Widgets just looked bad in my opinion on touchwiz (amber weather, Yahoo Sports,etc) and couldn't be resized correctly (lots of flexibility in Nova) plus icon size flexibility, and the mass customization (swipe from mid screen to pull notification bar instead of from the top of the phone for instance) just won me back to Nova

jlczl

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
Yup, just swiping down from anywhere on the screen to pull down the notifications is enough for me to stay with Nova (especially on a phone this large). But then you add the fact that I like to resize my icons, like to use custom swipes and gestures for actions and to open my apps, I like to hide labels, like to have limitless columns and rows, like to hide the notification bar.

There is just nothing TW does that isn't possible in Nova that I find appealing. I don't need to stick notes on my home screen, nor do I like effects on my wallpaper, nor do I need to use the pen to hover to swipe since I use only one home screen with everything on it, nor do I use a Google search bar (though it can be customized to look differently).

At any rate, since we all have different preferences it's great we have options unlike the simple grid of icons on iOS.

via S7 Active Beast -- Peerless Note 4 -- Beautiful Note 7

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae