10-04-2016 11:48 PM
174 ... 4567
tools
    Thanks. Very kind of you! I already have a case but no harm in trying. I have a clear kickstand case. One good review was for the one at ATT also.
    Kelly Kearns likes this.
    08-27-2016 02:22 PM
    Here is the exact link for the Note 7 one. Only comes in 3 colors on the front it seems.

You might want to check the reviews on the products on the link above, some that have been around since the Note 7 is new.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01FJ...cUvbUpU5371415
    recDNA likes this.
    08-27-2016 02:27 PM
    I usually install the screen protector with a pair of pliers, smooth out the bubbles with an ice pick, then ease the edges with sandpaper. Why? How do you do it?
    I prefer to use a wet application technique with a slurry of hydrofluoric acid and diamond dust.
    Squeeze Play likes this.
    08-27-2016 10:42 PM
    I prefer to use a wet application technique with a slurry of hydrofluoric acid and diamond dust.
    Points for use of the word "slurry".
    LeoRex likes this.
    08-27-2016 11:04 PM
    Day 2, noticeable scratch on bottom right quadrant of backing on silver note 7, i didn't get any scratches on my nice note 5
    08-28-2016 12:22 AM
    This is so messed up Samsung! I had my Note Edge and S7Edge without screen protectors and never had problems with scratches. They were good as new seriously when jumped and return the phones to T-Mobile. Today, I accidentally left my phone in the car and my wife took it with her. Put it in her bag together with her S7 Edge and as soon as I saw my phone, scratch!!! My wife's S7 Edge had no spec on it, nothing. My top of the line Note 7 phone with inferior screen. This is so frustrating!!!
    08-28-2016 10:13 PM
    Yeah, I'm definitely holding off on buying this until Samsung/Corning address these issues. I'm extremely OCD about scratches and I'd be so pissed off if it happened to me. I never drop my phones so I could care less about the supposedly better shatter resistance of GG5.
    08-29-2016 03:57 AM
    This is so messed up Samsung! I had my Note Edge and S7Edge without screen protectors and never had problems with scratches. They were good as new seriously when jumped and return the phones to T-Mobile. Today, I accidentally left my phone in the car and my wife took it with her. Put it in her bag together with her S7 Edge and as soon as I saw my phone, scratch!!! My wife's S7 Edge had no spec on it, nothing. My top of the line Note 7 phone with inferior screen. This is so frustrating!!!
    Could you post a picture, please? Id like to see how bad these are on each phone.
    Frederik Gaffron likes this.
    08-29-2016 05:43 AM
    Well... maybe in hindsight they tipped it a little bit in the wrong direction..

but...

What are some of the first videos getting posted when a phone drops? PHONE DROPS!! (har har)

Those silly drop tests burn up the youtubes as soon as a phone gets in peoples' hands. And if a phone shatters, ERMAGHERD!!!! PHONEZ BRAKE! and the videos get a TON of hits, blog posts, you name it. I remember a well-known podcast host lamenting about his S7 that shattered when it slid out of his pocket as he was sitting on the ground.

From a risk mitigation standpoint, GG5, if it is indeed more shatter-resistant, is the better option. Surface scratches typically do not affect operation, and they can be effectively eliminated by adding a screen protector. Whereas a shattered screen is pretty much toast...

So what are we left with here? You gotta wrap it before you tap it.
    Right, put on a screen protector.. I wonder how that screen protector will look like after getting your Note 7 with water resistant feature under water.
    08-29-2016 12:21 PM
    Have any of you contacted Samsung Plus about this?

If reports are done, when there is a certain amount it triggers an automatic internal investigation at Samsung.
    08-29-2016 12:28 PM
    Have any of you contacted Samsung Plus about this?

If reports are done, when there is a certain amount it triggers an automatic internal investigation at Samsung.
    Do you have a link to where to file these?
    08-29-2016 01:01 PM
    You have to use your Samsung Plus app, should be pre-loaded. If not, get it in the Play Store. FYI use this for all Samsung contact, this is very different than the 800 Samsung we are used to.

You have to use the video chat option, but you do not have to turn on your camera if you don't want to.

This is a new department Samsung has started. It is customer care and technical support in one building and they are more specialized. It is not the call center type atmosphere.

If an agent isn't helpful, get their name, it will be on your screen and ask for a Supervisor to call you.

The nice thing about this, if you don't get a name and you want to complain, they can track down the operator you talked to and they have the video.
    08-29-2016 01:06 PM
    Maybe so but it is a weaker edition of the gg5. It doesn't have the same strength as the front being that the back is scratched easier and gets cracked first. Irregardless of what type of gorilla glass it is, glass is glass and glass will break and scratch. That's why these phones need to be in cases and the user should not be surprised that their phone scratched or cracked. Glass will break/scratch no matter how strong it is

Posted via the Android Central App
    So now there's different versions of GG5? lol this is becoming hilarious.

Wait- is it true? ;-)
    08-29-2016 03:07 PM
    I put a screen protector on all my phones and a case

08-29-2016 03:23 PM
    Big scratch thread and only one guy with pictures. What gives?
    08-29-2016 03:28 PM
    Guess everyone else only has 1 phone lol
    08-29-2016 10:52 PM
    Guess everyone else only has 1 phone lol
    Not always. The one I quoted above, his wife has the S7 Edge. Plus some have tablets with cameras (that's how I've done it) or other ways.
    08-30-2016 06:02 AM
    Had my Note 7 since launch with no screen protector and different slim cases. Still no scratches yet. I don't go out of my way to babysit it by any means but it does have its own pocket that is dedicated to phone's, front right pocket, it's usually in there with my GS7E that's in a UAG case. I'm sure I'll eventually have some light ones like my iPhone had after a while. Those ones you have to have the right light and hold it in the right position to see. So far though it seems to be on par with my other phones.
    08-30-2016 06:12 AM
    One video out of millions of phones and every one has a scratch now. I swear forums are the breeding ground for paranoia
    08-30-2016 06:51 AM
    I would definitely like to see some pictures of some of these scratches.
    08-30-2016 07:42 AM
    Scratched on the front of my phone from putting it in my pocket... Haber had Note 3 fit 2.5 years... Screen is flawless without using screen protector... I'm devastated that note 7 already has about 8-10 hairline scratches on the FRONT of my display
    Fyi... I'm still not going to put on a screen protector.. i like the smooth glide of glass too much to go plastic protector...

The scratches vanish when using the phone - you can only see them at the right angle and lighting
    08-30-2016 08:17 AM
    My S4 had been to hell and back for two years with no screen protector. Not a single scratch to be found. Back then everyone on these boards complained constantly about the cheap plastic used for a flagship phone. Now we have slick gorgeous glass works of art that make us nervous wrecks because G-d forbid we sneeze mid-text we might end up with a cracked screen that may or may not be covered by Asurion, unless of course we had our super luxe, non-plastic phones covered up nice and snug in a thick, rugged, bulletproof PLASTIC case. We asked for glass so Samsung gave us glass. :-)

Spot on!!!

Posted via my awesome N4
    08-30-2016 09:10 AM
    I have not seen anything from Corning that suggests the GG5 glass is less scratch resistant than GG4 (my MXPE has zero after a year). Hardly expect Corning to risk ticking Samsung off with a scratch scandal and suggest that a device with a high interest and purchase rates as the Note 7 will inherently invite more potential for scrutiny. Heck, the traffic for the Note 7 just on this site is already eclipsing the earlier released S7 and S7E.

Those devices apparently sold very well.
    08-30-2016 09:15 AM
    Why do they need to step it up on the Home button and flash cover? Are yours scratched to the point of not working properly?

Fundamentally I get what you're saying, having any plastic is "not premium", but has it really made a difference at all?

The highlighted part...the back wasn't the same kind of glass on the phones you mentioned (at least it was never said to be by Samsung). On the Note 7 it is. Making glass thicker is not the best way to make it shatter resistant, besides, we're talking about scratches and not shattering.
    "Replace the plastic home button and flash cover" then next year we'll all be crying about how fragile they are.
    Sigh!

Posted via my awesome N4
    08-30-2016 09:23 AM
    One video out of millions of phones and every one has a scratch now. I swear forums are the breeding ground for paranoia
    So true!

Posted via my awesome N4
    08-30-2016 09:27 AM
174 ... 4567