10-04-2016 11:48 PM
174 ... 567
tools
    Well I have zero scratches on the screen and I don't have a protector on it. I don't like the curved ones.

However I just decided to take a look and on my blue coral N7, on the back, i have a 1 inch scratch right above and touching the Verizon logo AND I put a case on this within 4 hours of buying the phone. Wow.
    08-30-2016 10:35 AM
    Lol had my blue coral note 7 for almost 2 weeks now and noticed my first scratch today. Not noticeable unless you really looking at it. It's located on the area where the flashlight, heart rate sensor etc is. So i ordered this 3 pack protector on eBay. 1 for the camera lens, heart rate sensor etc and one for the front home button. Better safe than sorry. Lol. I think I got mine from putting it on the table. When i am at home I don't believe in cases. When I'm out and about I definitely use a case lol.
    08-30-2016 09:16 PM
    Yup... I too had a case on since day 1. I just took it off to use some headphones with a giant connector and noticed about 5 or 6 fairly large (not deep) scratches on the back. Seems like you can scratch it just by looking at it.

It's too bad... as the device has been stellar in just about every other way. Resale value will suck.
    08-31-2016 12:53 PM
    I'm interested to hear from those of you that get your phone replaced in the recall if you still notice scratching on your new phones. Please do let us know in this thread.
    09-07-2016 06:47 AM
    I picked up my note7 a little over a week ago from verizon. I had started with the zagg HD protector, but like many people, edges curled up and it just was too annoying to keep on. I too am concerned about the reports of the screen scratches but I figure since I'm holding onto the phone until Verizon/Samsung can replace it from the recall, I can go a few weeks w/out a screen protector and get real world test of its scratch resistence. If it does scratch easily (day 2 of no protector and so far no issues), then I know I'm fine; if it gets scratches, well I'll get a new note7 from the recall and will throw another protector on there.
    09-07-2016 07:55 AM
    I have been using my phone naked since the recall was announced. I now have some small fine scratches on the bottom rear of the phone that I believe were caused by the phone vibrating on the table. The screen is still pristine.
    09-07-2016 08:12 AM
    I wish I did! There were scratches in 4 different areas. Really light ones but one was a little deep that really bugged me. I got worried and sent the unit back before the 14 day return period. Had I known about the recall announced 2 days after I mailed it I would have held on the Note 7 until I get the replacement. T-mobile told me I'll get my Note 7 replacement in a week, now it might be 15 days..they're sending me an S7 Edge temporary unit to use until the new Note 7's arrive.
    09-12-2016 12:43 PM
    I sign up to just report my first series of scratches on my Note 7 front screen. I had Samsung S7 Edge, and I carried it in the same bag. No scratches ever. From the scratch mark on the Note 7, it is definitely the velcro that scratches the left side front screen of my Note 7. Good thing is the Note 7 is going back because of the recall. For sure, I am going for a screen protector when I got my replacement. Even though I know this is going back, it still painful to notice the scratch mark every time I look at it.
    david818 likes this.
    09-14-2016 05:22 PM
    I'd seen the scratch reports and so I bought the official clear bumper case and the screen protector from Samsung. Screen protector wasn't beautiful after installation, but it was ok. Case arrived a day later, and despite note being official samsung products, the case lifted the edge of the screen protector... it had to be regularly stick back down and was getting grubbier each time.

So when I heard about the recall I decided to bin the protector (well it was on the phone I was giving back!) and see how the screen faired. Way worse than my note 3 or 4 was the answer.

Both of those phones had done 18 months and the note 7 was way more scratched after a week than either of them!

This is not down to negligent drops... just the same treatment that the old GG had dealt with perfectly.

I am really unhappy. My handset hasn't blown up but runs really hot on fairly basic functions, and the pretty screen is no where near as durable and is a nightmare to protect if you actually want to be able to see it. I'd rather have a refund I reckon and look at the V20 or even jObs7+...
    09-18-2016 03:22 PM
    So after running the phone with zero protection... one drop from bathroom counter top onto tile and back glass shattered on the corner it landed on. Front is still clean and scratches though. Very disappointed. Back glass seems to be weaker and also scratched easier with some fine marks visible over the last week too.
    09-21-2016 04:35 AM
    The back of the phone is not Gorilla Glass 5, therefore it will scratch easier than the front screen. Same goes for the S7/E, the S6, and the Note 5. Trust me, I know how you feel. I have a tiny, very very tiny scratch at the bottom corner of the back of my S7E and I felt my heart drop. But, I have a case on it so I don't have to constantly be looking at it to be reminded of the scratch lol I couldn't really use my phone without a case regardless because I know how fragile it is, for one, and two, I paid so much money for this phone, I wouldn't want to end up accidentally breaking it either. My sister's Note 7 instantly went in a case as soon as I opened the box. Sorry yours scratched so soon after you got it - I know the feeling. And for mine, I think it happened when the AT&T rep was installing a (crappy) screen protector. At least that's the only time I've noticed it because I had just got the phone and I was pretty anal in keeping it clean of fingerprints, etc, so after she put the screen protector on, I was wiping down the phone when I noticed the tiny scratch. At the end of the day, scratches are going to happen - and more so to the back of the device since they don't put GG5 on the back like they do for the front.
    I'm almost sure the s6 back is GG3 too. and it doesn't scratch at all. I read the new GGlass is more impact resistant but there fore less hardened wich makes it easier to scratch. it has always been a problem... harder glass cracks easier while soft glass doesn't or less. but is allot more scratch resistant. so we either get glass wich doesn't cracking or doesn't scratch. both is still not possible atm. maybe in the near future...
    09-30-2016 12:34 PM
    So far for me the metal frame has been extremely sensitive and susceptible to scratches. More so than the glass. Til now no scratches on the glass but if anything remotely rigid in nature touches the metal frame on both my original Note7 and my replacement, it scratches or scuffs it. What gives, Sammy?
    10-01-2016 12:37 PM
    This is really sad for $900 I should be able to drop my phone!
    10-01-2016 03:45 PM
    Should you be able to drop a $900 laptop and not expect any damage? People need to stop treating expensive phones like toys.
    monkmullen and Viscomi4444 like this.
    10-01-2016 04:12 PM
    What color phone? Wonder No what color anodizing on frame.

So far for me the metal frame has been extremely sensitive and susceptible to scratches. More so than the glass. Til now no scratches on the glass but if anything remotely rigid in nature touches the metal frame on both my original Note7 and my replacement, it scratches or scuffs it. What gives, Sammy?
    10-01-2016 04:41 PM
    Maybe the active would be better for you?
    10-01-2016 09:16 PM
    Maybe the active would be better for you?
    I guess I miss quoted my self, I treat this Note 7 more carefull than any other phone, I enjoy it so much I find my self leaving it behind to stay on the side of caution, any other phone I always treated with care to just not to the extreme if this one.
    My thought was for the high price I should be able to be less carefull.
    PS still my original in a leather flip case waiting for replacement you think I'm paranoid now just wait till I get the one I'm going to keep
    Viscomi4444 and Wiley_11 like this.
    10-01-2016 09:24 PM
    My blue coral has scratches on the lower back glass. I do not know how it happened but w/e. I got a ringke case put on now. Before the recall, I had the black note 7 and it had no scratches at all.
    10-01-2016 10:16 PM
    the s7 has a harder version of glass. Way better than the note 7's version imo. 7 was designed to be shatter resistant.
    10-02-2016 10:00 PM
    What color phone? Wonder No what color anodizing on frame.
    Not sure if that's what it is. Looks deeper than just a color thing. But anyway it's the blue coral with that subtle gold trim. Never had a scratch on my S7 Edge that I've had since launch.
    10-04-2016 01:55 AM
    that alone is enough for me to give up the new Note 7, as my OCD will kick in hard, very hard.

On mine S7E, i sometimes use a tiny forces with mine fingernails on the edges, cause they so smooth it fills my OCD needs , and yet no scratch at all, in fact i've hard time to scaratch the S7E front or back, i have no protector just a case.
    10-04-2016 04:18 AM
    Not sure of Ive been lucky but I work in a Metal/Welding fabrication shop and I keep my N7 in my front left pocket for 8 hours. Sometimes i forget i have my phone in there and throw my keys, soap stone, pens etc amd not a single scratch on it (front or back). I have no screen protector on, all im using is the Speck CandyShell.
    10-04-2016 05:51 PM
    I don't know why it's so hard to just make them out of diamond.
    10-04-2016 10:36 PM
    I'm using Yootech's screen protector, which can be purchased from Amazon. It's only for the front though, as I couldn't find one from them that offers a front and a back. For the back, I ended up using Zagg's, which I had purchased with my original N7. (I used the lifetime warranty from Zagg, and they sent me another one within a few days).

Also using a Spigen case. So far, so good.
    10-04-2016 11:48 PM
174 ... 567