Really samsung? scratches already on my galaxy note 7

klee0032

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site
So I have been really bugging out about the scratch resistance, well lack scratch resistance of the Gorilla glass 5. I have seen the videos of how easily the screen was scratched. So my first thought was to get a screen protector. Android Central has an article about the best screen protectors for the Galaxy note 7 but the reviews I read about the corners and edges not adhering well put me off. So I pick up my phone to just look at it. I was thinking since my Galaxy S4, S5, Note 5 S6 Edge, S7 Edge I have had no problems. I can trust Samsung right? As soon as I turn my phone over to look at the back BAM scratches. :(:(:( I have not done anything different in my life since 08/18/16 the day I got the phone. SMH Again I have had all the phones mentioned above with no case and never had any noticeable scratches. So what do I do? I found this cool S View cover clear on the Samsung site. It comes in Black, Blue, and Bronze Gold

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...m%2Fus%2Fmobile%2Fmobile-acces&token=Sgc2M3KEEF-ZN930 Mobile Accessories - EF-ZN930CLEGUS | Samsung US

I'm sure this will work but then I have my reservations about Samsung pay, will it work? Once I get this case I will update everyone. I don't post much but this really got to me. Just wondering about everyone elses thoughts. I've been overly loyal and now just feel a little let down.

klee0032

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site
Re: Really samsung scratches already on my galaxy note 7

It's made of glass. What do you expect?

Really did not know it was made of glass. I guess that's what the glass in Gorilla glass stands for. WHOA Thanks for that one. What was I thinking? That the quality of product to be better than its predecessors? How crazy would that be?

dobo84

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site

Put a Zagg or something on it until Gpel or the official screen protectors are sold by Samsung. Zagg provides front and back protectors with the HD dry. Won't work with every case however I've tried the Sview clear and LED no issue. Also if you use a Zagg slightly cut the corners to allow each side to fold around the curves on its own. This will prevent peeling. Scratched are just not surprising with glass.... if Zach didn't produce the video chances are people wouldn't really scrutinize it so heavily... every new phone has some sort of glaring flaw at release.

ctychick

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site

My S4 had been to hell and back for two years with no screen protector. Not a single scratch to be found. Back then everyone on these boards complained constantly about the cheap plastic used for a flagship phone. Now we have slick gorgeous glass works of art that make us nervous wrecks because G-d forbid we sneeze mid-text we might end up with a cracked screen that may or may not be covered by Asurion, unless of course we had our super luxe, non-plastic phones covered up nice and snug in a thick, rugged, bulletproof PLASTIC case. We asked for glass so Samsung gave us glass. :)

Posted via the Android Central App

Iva_LadyDiCaprio98

Sep 21, 2014
Visit site

The back of the phone is not Gorilla Glass 5, therefore it will scratch easier than the front screen. Same goes for the S7/E, the S6, and the Note 5. Trust me, I know how you feel. I have a tiny, very very tiny scratch at the bottom corner of the back of my S7E and I felt my heart drop. But, I have a case on it so I don't have to constantly be looking at it to be reminded of the scratch lol I couldn't really use my phone without a case regardless because I know how fragile it is, for one, and two, I paid so much money for this phone, I wouldn't want to end up accidentally breaking it either. My sister's Note 7 instantly went in a case as soon as I opened the box. Sorry yours scratched so soon after you got it - I know the feeling. And for mine, I think it happened when the AT&T rep was installing a (crappy) screen protector. At least that's the only time I've noticed it because I had just got the phone and I was pretty anal in keeping it clean of fingerprints, etc, so after she put the screen protector on, I was wiping down the phone when I noticed the tiny scratch. At the end of the day, scratches are going to happen - and more so to the back of the device since they don't put GG5 on the back like they do for the front.

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site

My S4 had been to hell and back for two years with no screen protector. Not a single scratch to be found. Back then everyone on these boards complained constantly about the cheap plastic used for a flagship phone. Now we have slick gorgeous glass works of art that make us nervous wrecks because G-d forbid we sneeze mid-text we might end up with a cracked screen that may or may not be covered by Asurion, unless of course we had our super luxe, non-plastic phones covered up nice and snug in a thick, rugged, bulletproof PLASTIC case. We asked for glass so Samsung gave us glass. :)

Posted via the Android Central App
I wish Samsungs still had plastic backs and removable batteries. People have to pay more for the glass backs and 99% end up covering the back with a case anyway.

m3lover1

Trusted Member
May 4, 2010
Visit site

The back of the phone is not Gorilla Glass 5, therefore it will scratch easier than the front screen. Same goes for the S7/E, the S6, and the Note 5. Trust me, I know how you feel. I have a tiny, very very tiny scratch at the bottom corner of the back of my S7E and I felt my heart drop. But, I have a case on it so I don't have to constantly be looking at it to be reminded of the scratch lol I couldn't really use my phone without a case regardless because I know how fragile it is, for one, and two, I paid so much money for this phone, I wouldn't want to end up accidentally breaking it either. My sister's Note 7 instantly went in a case as soon as I opened the box. Sorry yours scratched so soon after you got it - I know the feeling. And for mine, I think it happened when the AT&T rep was installing a (crappy) screen protector. At least that's the only time I've noticed it because I had just got the phone and I was pretty anal in keeping it clean of fingerprints, etc, so after she put the screen protector on, I was wiping down the phone when I noticed the tiny scratch. At the end of the day, scratches are going to happen - and more so to the back of the device since they don't put GG5 on the back like they do for the front.
It's gorilla glass 5 on both sides

PraetorianGuard14

Sep 18, 2014
Visit site

Really did not know it was made of glass. I guess that's what the glass in Gorilla glass stands for. WHOA Thanks for that one. What was I thinking? That the quality of product to be better than its predecessors? How crazy would that be?

Glass will be scratched regardless. Blame chemistry/physics.

ajb1965

Trusted Member
Jun 14, 2014
Visit site

I'm sure this will work but then I have my reservations about Samsung pay, will it work? Once I get this case I will update everyone. I don't post much but this really got to me. Just wondering about everyone elses thoughts. I've been overly loyal and now just feel a little let down.

I used a wallet case on my S7E and have one on my Note, and have never had any issues using Samsung or Android pay. You should be good.

PS, sorry about the scratches. Nothing worse that getting one on your brand new phone. I scratched my V10 in the first week really bad. I was pi$$ed

irock1985

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site

I too am not impressed with the Scratch resistance if I remember correctly people are saying the back is a different glass and not gorilla glass 5 like the front ... I have never had scratches like this on any phone ever and this phone has been in a case since it was out of the box except for 3 hours while my screen protector was setting....
It's a pain for me to look at so I've ordered some slickwraps to cover the entire back
0ef807b9292dcbc05bd8967027439028.jpg

fe9b45d9f5a5e6b538b2603843ca0753.jpg

13da7f951c8ff7b50616a74c541edf6f.jpg

0fe9696d58d0c2037be092a6ee3ce9e1.jpg

beh

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site

Regardless the back scratches and cracks easier than the front.

Maybe and maybe not. In my mind the fact that folks tend to treat the face of their phones with much more care than the back of their phones is more important to why the back may get more marring and scratching.

SoundofReason

Dec 17, 2014
Visit site

I too am not impressed with the Scratch resistance if I remember correctly people are saying the back is a different glass and not gorilla glass 5 like the front ... I have never had scratches like this on any phone ever and this phone has been in a case since it was out of the box except for 3 hours while my screen protector was setting....
It's a pain for me to look at so I've ordered some slickwraps to cover the entire back
//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160823/0ef807b9292dcbc05bd8967027439028.jpg
//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160823/fe9b45d9f5a5e6b538b2603843ca0753.jpg
//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160823/13da7f951c8ff7b50616a74c541edf6f.jpg
//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160823/0fe9696d58d0c2037be092a6ee3ce9e1.jpg

Oh man, so sorry to see that, yeah i would be pi$$ed too..

irock1985

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site

Maybe it was caused by a wedding ring?
If you're replying to me I highly doubt it as I never hold my Phone with my left hand .... Honestly I think this happened at the t mobile store when the lady was applying my screen protector when she had a sitting on the counter cleaning the front