Really samsung? scratches already on my galaxy note 7

bmitchell1876

Apr 30, 2013
Visit site
Are most people getting scratches on the front or back of the phone?

Scratched on the front of my phone from putting it in my pocket... Haber had Note 3 fit 2.5 years... Screen is flawless without using screen protector... I'm devastated that note 7 already has about 8-10 hairline scratches on the FRONT of my display

bmitchell1876

Apr 30, 2013
Visit site
For those with scratches, what color is your phone? Just curious if they are all the same color like Coral Blue and possibly an issue with the paint process. I've got a Onyx Black with a Spigen Neo Hybrid case and don't have any scratches on front or back. I'm a freak about my devices though, if I put them in a pocket, nothing else goes in that pocket.

The paint is underneath the glass... Mine is coral blue... Front scratches

Jun 20, 2016
Visit site
First off corning gorilla glass doesnt mean that it would not break or get scratch. we have to understand it has its own limitations. But I truely believe that CG5 is more prone to scratch easily. seen many of the folks complaining of the scratches. I dunno what corning did but its definately not as durable as CG4.

d_la_roc

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Re: Really samsung scratches already on my galaxy note 7

All those scratches, looks like it was more than just 3 hours out of the case and only putting a screen protector on.. lol. Was you putting on the screen protector with sharp objects in your hand?

itsnotmeitsyou

Feb 9, 2014
Visit site
I'd rather have better scratch resistance. Even if it doesn't shatter as easily, it still cracks just as easily. A screen with one crack costs the same to replace as a shattered screen.

chrisforpm

Jan 26, 2015
Visit site
I'm an iPhone and note 5 user. My.note 5 scratched with GG4. I wanted the note 7 but I shudder to think about how much this phone is prone to scratches. Thinking about the S7E now

tinybfk

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
Mine's a week old and has gone without a screen protector the entire time. No scratches yet. I keep it in my front pocket most of the time. Not saying it won't get a scratch at some point but surprisingly, after hearing everyone else's stories, nothing yet.

103Softail

May 6, 2016
Visit site
dBrand on the back, genuine Samsung screen protector on the front. No probs. Use a case & grit gets inside back & you get scratches. dBrand looks/feels great too when out of case. Using an S-View case at the moment which I thoroughly recommend.

tinybfk

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
dBrand on the back, genuine Samsung screen protector on the front. No probs. Use a case & grit gets inside back & you get scratches. dBrand looks/feels great too when out of case. Using an S-View case at the moment which I thoroughly recommend.

What do you think of the Samsung screen protector? Easy install? Good feel and coverage?

mru007

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site

I wonder if Samsung (and Corning, of course) is paying attention to these news & hope they will rectify it in the next lot of devices. Many times, the first manufactured lot of devices have some weird issues. This has been the case not only with Samsung but with Apple or other manufacturers as well.
I also think that it's better to buy any new phone after 6 months from it's launch. By that time, most of the hardware / software issues are fixed & price is also reduced a little bit :)

torbach1

Oct 9, 2014
Visit site

I wonder if Samsung (and Corning, of course) is paying attention to these news & hope they will rectify it in the next lot of devices. Many times, the first manufactured lot of devices have some weird issues. This has been the case not only with Samsung but with Apple or other manufacturers as well.
I also think that it's better to buy any new phone after 6 months from it's launch. By that time, most of the hardware / software issues are fixed & price is also reduced a little bit :)

I'm pretty certain that both are monitoring this issue closely and working on resolving it. This is the type of issue that could become a "antenna gate" or worse level issue if enough people get scratches.

omgitselaine

Banned
Apr 10, 2016
Visit site
I try to be very careful where I place my phone down especially since it's naked.

I've placed it on my patio set and on thr concrete stairs in my backyard and so far I've been lucky.

I have a DBrand skin on it's way which I should install so I'd at least feel more comfortable putting it down the skin on.

I have a Blue Coral but the skin I got was a black carbon fiber since I was planning on getting Silver originally. I'll have to wait and see how it'll look with the copperish side ??

jhimmel

Jul 15, 2014
Visit site

All those scratches, looks like it was more than just 3 hours out of the case and only putting a screen protector on.. lol. Was you putting on the screen protector with sharp objects in your hand?

I usually install the screen protector with a pair of pliers, smooth out the bubbles with an ice pick, then ease the edges with sandpaper. Why? How do you do it?

zxphenomenalxz

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site

I'm pretty certain that both are monitoring this issue closely and working on resolving it. This is the type of issue that could become a "antenna gate" or worse level issue if enough people get scratches.

I for one will be furious if they come out with another version with better quality glass that doesn't scratch as easy.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
If I find a thread with consistently good ratings of any kind of screen protector with a case on I will buy it for sure. I would prefer glass but happy with plastic or anything else that stays on and doesn't further diminish screen sensitivity.

I can say for sure the Zagg VZW puts on sucks

bucky716

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
How have none of these web sites picked up on these issues or reached out to Samsung/Corning for comments? Seems like it's a pretty big issue by now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz