Really samsung? scratches already on my galaxy note 7

sygys

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site
The back of the phone is not Gorilla Glass 5, therefore it will scratch easier than the front screen. Same goes for the S7/E, the S6, and the Note 5. Trust me, I know how you feel. I have a tiny, very very tiny scratch at the bottom corner of the back of my S7E and I felt my heart drop. But, I have a case on it so I don't have to constantly be looking at it to be reminded of the scratch lol I couldn't really use my phone without a case regardless because I know how fragile it is, for one, and two, I paid so much money for this phone, I wouldn't want to end up accidentally breaking it either. My sister's Note 7 instantly went in a case as soon as I opened the box. Sorry yours scratched so soon after you got it - I know the feeling. And for mine, I think it happened when the AT&T rep was installing a (crappy) screen protector. At least that's the only time I've noticed it because I had just got the phone and I was pretty anal in keeping it clean of fingerprints, etc, so after she put the screen protector on, I was wiping down the phone when I noticed the tiny scratch. At the end of the day, scratches are going to happen - and more so to the back of the device since they don't put GG5 on the back like they do for the front.

I'm almost sure the s6 back is GG3 too. and it doesn't scratch at all. I read the new GGlass is more impact resistant but there fore less hardened wich makes it easier to scratch. it has always been a problem... harder glass cracks easier while soft glass doesn't or less. but is allot more scratch resistant. so we either get glass wich doesn't cracking or doesn't scratch. both is still not possible atm. maybe in the near future...

hasasimo

May 3, 2014
Visit site
So far for me the metal frame has been extremely sensitive and susceptible to scratches. More so than the glass. Til now no scratches on the glass but if anything remotely rigid in nature touches the metal frame on both my original Note7 and my replacement, it scratches or scuffs it. What gives, Sammy? :(

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
What color phone? Wonder No what color anodizing on frame.

So far for me the metal frame has been extremely sensitive and susceptible to scratches. More so than the glass. Til now no scratches on the glass but if anything remotely rigid in nature touches the metal frame on both my original Note7 and my replacement, it scratches or scuffs it. What gives, Sammy? :(

Ca_lvn

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
Maybe the active would be better for you?
I guess I miss quoted my self, I treat this Note 7 more carefull than any other phone, I enjoy it so much I find my self leaving it behind to stay on the side of caution, any other phone I always treated with care to just not to the extreme if this one.
My thought was for the high price I should be able to be less carefull.
PS still my original in a leather flip case waiting for replacement you think I'm paranoid now just wait till I get the one I'm going to keep

bobxxz

Mar 2, 2014
Visit site
My blue coral has scratches on the lower back glass. I do not know how it happened but w/e. I got a ringke case put on now. Before the recall, I had the black note 7 and it had no scratches at all.

Kegman

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
Re: Really samsung scratches already on my galaxy note 7

the s7 has a harder version of glass. Way better than the note 7's version imo. 7 was designed to be shatter resistant.

hasasimo

May 3, 2014
Visit site
What color phone? Wonder No what color anodizing on frame.

Not sure if that's what it is. Looks deeper than just a color thing. But anyway it's the blue coral with that subtle gold trim. Never had a scratch on my S7 Edge that I've had since launch.

FutureMech

Feb 21, 2016
Visit site
that alone is enough for me to give up the new Note 7, as my OCD will kick in hard, very hard.

On mine S7E, i sometimes use a tiny forces with mine fingernails on the edges, cause they so smooth it fills my OCD needs :D, and yet no scratch at all, in fact i've hard time to scaratch the S7E front or back, i have no protector just a case.

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
Not sure of Ive been lucky but I work in a Metal/Welding fabrication shop and I keep my N7 in my front left pocket for 8 hours. Sometimes i forget i have my phone in there and throw my keys, soap stone, pens etc amd not a single scratch on it (front or back). I have no screen protector on, all im using is the Speck CandyShell.

IncredibleJedi

Sep 22, 2016
Visit site
I'm using Yootech's screen protector, which can be purchased from Amazon. It's only for the front though, as I couldn't find one from them that offers a front and a back. For the back, I ended up using Zagg's, which I had purchased with my original N7. (I used the lifetime warranty from Zagg, and they sent me another one within a few days).

Also using a Spigen case. So far, so good.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair