Does anyone else notice a yellow tint to the display? Ive got my note side by side an S7 active, they are both in Amoled Cinema mode, brightness at the same level, and the note 7 has a distinct yellowing. Am I missing a setting or is this how it is?
    08-22-2016 10:26 PM
    Does anyone else notice a yellow tint to the display? Ive got my note side by side an S7 active, they are both in Amoled Cinema mode, brightness at the same level, and the note 7 has a distinct yellowing. Am I missing a setting or is this how it is?
    Mine was yellow in cinema mode but fine using basic or adaptive display. Identical color temperature to my wife's note 5
    08-22-2016 10:32 PM
    Ive tried all 4 settings and its as if the screen has too much "warmth". Gives pictures kind of a dull look. Cant believe Im saying that about this screen but its killing me.
    08-22-2016 10:39 PM
    Certain models of the S7 had this issue I remember, which was fixed with an update.
    jordans0nly likes this.
    08-22-2016 11:26 PM
    I just got my two new Note 7's. One black and the other silver. I definetly see a difference between the black and silver (the silver one has the yellow cast). The black one is sharp and closely resembles my Note 5. The silver one has the yellow tint and the back and the touch key lights are yellowish.
    08-22-2016 11:56 PM
    Check your blue light setting. Turn it off and it will go back to what your use to.
    Gray Area likes this.
    08-23-2016 12:54 AM
    It's not the blue light setting.. You would have to be blind not to tell the difference if its on. Certian amoled panels ship with a very slight variation in screen temp. It's only noticable when compared to a screen that doesn't have that warm tint. SAMSUNG I'm begging you just give us a screen temperature setting gauge.. If blackberry could do it why can't you.. One up apple while you're at it.
    dcooper830 likes this.
    08-23-2016 01:50 AM
    Yeah, I have Galaxy S7 and note 5 screen is super vivid in amoled screen mode. According to DisplayMate Samsung has changed color temperature in note 7 amoled screen mode same as amoled photo and basic mode. How is screen quality of note 7 as compare to s7 edge and note 5 in term of brightness and vibrancy( in 3rd party apps and gaming ) thanks

Posted via the Android Central App
    08-23-2016 03:45 AM
    If you look through this forum you will find another thread related to the same issue. The OP in that thread found an app on Google play that allows white balance adjustments. I'll post a link to the thread if I can find it.

Found it.
    Take a look through this: http://forums.androidcentral.com/sho...d.php?t=714656
    08-23-2016 05:07 AM
    If you want the whitest display than choose adaptive display. All the others had a"yellowish" tint for me.
    08-23-2016 05:28 AM
    It's not the blue light setting.. You would have to be blind not to tell the difference if its on. Certian amoled panels ship with a very slight variation in screen temp. It's only noticable when compared to a screen that doesn't have that warm tint. SAMSUNG I'm begging you just give us a screen temperature setting gauge.. If blackberry could do it why can't you.. One up apple while you're at it.
    Not necessarily blind as the blue light setting has a slider adjustment. It can be down at the low end and you wouldn't easily be able to tell it's on.
    08-23-2016 05:28 AM
    If you want the whitest display than choose adaptive display. All the others had a"yellowish" tint for me.
    ^^This ^^
    08-23-2016 05:32 AM
    The blue setting was off. Ive switched to adaptive display and its better but as much as I hate to say this, the screen on my note 7 is nowhere near as crisp and detailed as my S7 Active. I pulled up a quad hd video and played them on both devices at the same time and the difference in quality is pretty substantial. The note looks washed out and on high brightness somewhat grainy. I guess its just something Ill have to live with. Im going to compare it this weekend to a friends note 7 and make sure mines not faulty.
    08-23-2016 08:25 AM
    I've noticed both Cinema and Photo mode were too warm for my tastes. I'm using Adaptive Display right now.
    08-23-2016 09:24 AM
    Some applications can cause it to happen. I had a security application installed on my phone which is a Note 7. My screen would turn yellow then back to normal on its own. Once I delete the security application, my phone when back to normal. The application I deleted was SM Locker Repair Privacy Risks.
    Perhaps the application needs to do an update to repair the issue.
    09-01-2016 02:00 PM
    Some applications can cause it to happen. I had a security application installed on my phone which is a Note 7. My screen would turn yellow then back to normal on its own. Once I delete the security application, my phone when back to normal. The application I deleted was SM Locker Repair Privacy Risks.
    Perhaps the application needs to do an update to repair the issue.
    Its definitely the display itself and the software running it. Theyve made the screen modes too "warm" imo. Adaptive isnt horrible so Im sticking with that. Ive been able to compare the screens on half a dozen notes in all 3 colors and they are all a little yellow and blacks arent as deep as an s7 edge, active or regular s7. Ive learned to deal with it but from what I have been told the note has the lowest dpi of the entire series as well so Im sure if thats true it doesnt help.
    09-01-2016 03:17 PM
    I've noticed mine changes periodically on it's own. I thought it was an auto setting for night time or something lol
    09-01-2016 09:18 PM