I preordered a black N7 from VZ and a silver from Target. I liked the deal at Target, but had little faith that the phone would arrive on time. I preferred the black, but was willing to sacrifice my color choice for an extra $100 plus the $200 trade in.

Fortunately for me the Target phone showed up on time. However, I thought I could return the unopened box from Verizon without a restocking fee. AND, I still like the black better. I cant return the silver one to Target or I will lose the extra bennies.

I may try and sell the silver one rather than returning the black to Verizon. Hopefully I can get full price since its brand new.

Does anyone have any other ideas? Such a tough dilemma, lol.

Posted via the Android Central App
    08-22-2016 10:40 PM
    Verizon is charging a restocking fee for an unopened box?? That's lame. Given the options, I would probably take the restocking fee hit.
    DudeThatsErin likes this.
    08-22-2016 10:43 PM
    I preordered a black N7 from VZ and a silver from Target. I liked the deal at Target, but had little faith that the phone would arrive on time. I preferred the black, but was willing to sacrifice my color choice for an extra $100 plus the $200 trade in.

Fortunately for me the Target phone showed up on time. However, I thought I could return the unopened box from Verizon without a restocking fee. AND, I still like the black better. I cant return the silver one to Target or I will lose the extra bennies.

I may try and sell the silver one rather than returning the black to Verizon. Hopefully I can get full price since its brand new.

Does anyone have any other ideas? Such a tough dilemma, lol.

If you traded your phone to Target wouldn't you get to at least keep that money? I mean I don't think they could send your trade in back to you.
    08-22-2016 10:47 PM
    If you traded your phone to Target wouldn't you get to at least keep that money? I mean I don't think they could send your trade in back to you.
    I would only get the $98, not the guaranteed $200 from the promotion. This is what I get for my impatience.

08-22-2016 11:00 PM
    I would only get the $98, not the guaranteed $200 from the promotion. This is what I get for my impatience.

Yikes!
    Would Target let you trade the silver for black?
    08-22-2016 11:10 PM
    Yikes!
    Would Target let you trade the silver for black?
    Tried that. No black in stock. I doubt VZ will let me return the silver I bought at Target. I guess I will end up eating the restock fee and keep the silver. Certainly not the worst dilemma. ☺️

08-22-2016 11:15 PM
    If you haven't opened the package, talk to the customer service, explain your situation and say to waive the restocking fee. If they want to keep you happy they will most probably do that given that you haven't even opened the box.
    Golfdriver97 likes this.
    08-22-2016 11:34 PM
    If you haven't opened the package, talk to the customer service, explain your situation and say to waive the restocking fee. If they want to keep you happy they will most probably do that given that you haven't even opened the box.
    I will give it a try. Thanks for the suggestion.

08-22-2016 11:41 PM