08-27-2016 02:09 PM
43 12
tools
    If you're on AT&T, never. They will be "optimizing" it until further notice. Their Galaxy Note 4 STILL does not have Marshmallow. I predicted in January that i'd have the Note 7 before they updated my Note 4, and here I am having enjoyed my Note 7 for a week and my Note 4 is no longer in use, and still on Lollipop.
    08-24-2016 12:08 PM
    If you're on AT&T, never. They will be "optimizing" it until further notice. Their Galaxy Note 4 STILL does not have Marshmallow. I predicted in January that i'd have the Note 7 before they updated my Note 4, and here I am having enjoyed my Note 7 for a week and my Note 4 is no longer in use, and still on Lollipop.
    I have a Note 4 on AT&T for my work phone. It's pathetic that it's still on lollipop.
    LegalAmerican likes this.
    08-24-2016 12:27 PM
    The bigger question is when Google Allo will be out and the new Google App with Google Assistant. May just be my opinion, but those two things are infinitely more important than anything Nougat offers.

Posted via the Android Central App
    08-24-2016 12:32 PM
    Next summer? At least they are improving!
    08-24-2016 02:05 PM
    Going by every Samsung phone I have ever owned, the Note 7 won't get it until spring 2017. The Note 5 on AT&T was still waiting for MM a few weeks ago.
    08-24-2016 02:11 PM
    Android updates have been kinda boring and not ground breaking like they used to. I'm not as excited about updates since ice cream sandwich
    08-24-2016 03:48 PM
    This is why iphone seems appealing... I hate waiting on updates

I look at it this way. The Note is already doing most of the things that are being added to the next Android update and way more than the iPhone is doing. Samsung has been good with security updates every month this year so that is what matters to me. So if I go with a more "stock" android phone or an iPhone I am actually missing out on features, not gaining them. It just depends on what you value the most I suppose. If I had didn't have a phone that was so feature packed then maybe I would be more concerned with timely major software updates.
    08-24-2016 03:51 PM
    Count me in...I'm going to be very cautious about installing Android 7, my device works fine today...
    08-24-2016 03:59 PM
    Going by every Samsung phone I have ever owned, the Note 7 won't get it until spring 2017. The Note 5 on AT&T was still waiting for MM a few weeks ago.
    Funny...I think mine got MM back in early 1st quarter sometime...AT&T sucks...
    08-24-2016 04:01 PM
    September 20th/ask me why
    08-24-2016 06:48 PM
    these accounts of how long it took or how people are still waiting for the OS updates and even some patches, are what makes me not want to get a carrier device and even more so the Note (or even any samsung device). As much as I am intrigued by the features, I still need to keep my sanity with the regular updates and availability of OS updates on an ASAP basis.
    08-24-2016 07:16 PM
    these accounts of how long it took or how people are still waiting for the OS updates and even some patches, are what makes me not want to get a carrier device and even more so the Note (or even any samsung device). As much as I am intrigued by the features, I still need to keep my sanity with the regular updates and availability of OS updates on an ASAP basis.
    On my Note 5 I got my update in December I believe and that was with it going through TMO also. That wasn't a long wait.
    Serkle K and Snappy Phoenix like this.
    08-24-2016 07:35 PM
    September 20th/ask me why
    Ok, why?

08-24-2016 08:23 PM
    BECAUSE LGS V20 WILL HAVE IT OUTA BOX NO WAIT, and SAMSUNG will follow next due to that and to have equal competitive edge on lg, as to show that even though note 7 was going to have it due to rumours, this time they will follow through

LG’s forthcoming LG V20 smartphone will be the first to ship with the new software, and is likely to be followed by Google’s next generation of its phones some time in the autumn.
    08-25-2016 05:21 AM
    It will be great if it comes that soon but unfortunately it doesn't happen, remember how long it took to get Marshmallow? Hopefully I will be wrong
    08-25-2016 05:25 AM
    https://www.yahoo.com/news/m/2b4c1e0...e-list-of.html
    T-mobile has released the list of Samsung devices that are ready to receive the latest Android 7.0 Nougat update. Although the exact date of seeding the update to each device is not yet known, the operator has listed devices for which the process of initiation for these upgrades have been completed and they should soon receive the update.

The list as provided by the company follows:

Samsung Galaxy S6
    Samsung Galaxy S6 edge
    Samsung Galaxy S6 edge+
    Samsung Galaxy S7
    Samsung Galaxy S7 edge
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5
    Samsung Galaxy Note 7
    08-27-2016 01:57 PM
    https://www.yahoo.com/news/m/2b4c1e0...e-list-of.html
    T-mobile has released the list of Samsung devices that are ready to receive the latest Android 7.0 Nougat update. Although the exact date of seeding the update to each device is not yet known, the operator has listed devices for which the process of initiation for these upgrades have been completed and they should soon receive the update.

The list as provided by the company follows:

Samsung Galaxy S6
    Samsung Galaxy S6 edge
    Samsung Galaxy S6 edge+
    Samsung Galaxy S7
    Samsung Galaxy S7 edge
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5
    Samsung Galaxy Note 7
    That will begim in the spring time just as it does with every major update. I have always been with T-Mobile and have never seen any updates before March. I think the earliest was Lollipop and that was in April
    08-27-2016 02:00 PM
    The features that will make Nougat worthwhile for the Note are:
    1. Much better Doze/standby battery life.
    2. Larger screens in app switching.
    3. Double tap the app switching button to switch between the 2 most recent apps.

So nothing huge, but it will be good if they don't botch it up. Last year when the Note 5 came out, Samsung promised Marshmallow within 3 months of its release. The earliest US provider to release it was T-Mobile, and I believe that was 6 months after release. So I wouldn't expect anything before the S8 ships, or around mid-March 2017.

I'm hoping they add something to increase screen sensitivity.
    08-27-2016 02:09 PM
43 12