09-20-2016 10:19 PM
202 12345 ...
tools
    Drop this phone less then 3 feet in a slim carbon case and corner of the screen cracked by the S-pin..I've drop my note 5 with out a case on hardwood floor from. Higher distance and it didn't crack this glass is not as crack resistance
    as advertised
    08-27-2016 11:56 AM
    Its just bad luck. My wife's fell off the trunk of her car while driving down the road in a simple case, no problem. She drops it literally 5 times a day as well. I'm sure the time it will crack is when it slips off the coffee table.
    08-27-2016 12:00 PM
    Okay lol your probably right about the coffee table lol ... yeah most have landed just right or something
    08-27-2016 12:20 PM
    it seems G. Glass 4 was way better than GG 5...
    08-27-2016 12:32 PM
    I just watched two different reviews from people who have used the device for 2 weeks and both said they have minor scratches on the front and back.
    I'm concerned about how those minor scratches after only 2 weeks will look after a few months.
    I still haven't purchased one, and that is definitely going to way in on my decision.
    08-27-2016 12:38 PM
    I'm feeling that way perfect drop to crack my phone or not . I'm glad it didn't shatter and just cracked it's just annoying to know that I have dropped my Note 5 way worst manner and it didn't do anything but get scratched I'm wondering if whatever Samsung is doing to get this glass curve isn't weakening it every picture I see online is a cracked corner are along the Curve
    08-27-2016 12:38 PM
    And that's the thing I haven't had any problems with scratches at all I even put my phone in my pocket with my keys are in my backpack with my keys without a case and it come out with no scratches I drop it two feet in the case and the glass cracks on the corner
    08-27-2016 12:41 PM
    Do we know if the glass is the same thickness? They did increase the battery size and stuff after all.

But it's probably the edged screen, since the note 5 was flat.
    08-27-2016 12:44 PM
    That's a good question I don't really know thing is I know several people with the Galaxy S7 curve who are clumsy as hectic and dropped their phone regularly some without cases and it hasn't cracked or shattered which is why I'm kind of wondering if something they're doing with manufacturing the Curve for the Note 7 with this Gorilla Glass 5 is not making it weaker than it should be
    08-27-2016 12:49 PM
    Drop this phone less then 3 feet in a slim carbon case and corner of the screen cracked by the S-pin..I've drop my note 5 with out a case on hardwood floor from. Higher distance and it didn't crack this glass is not as crack resistance
    as advertised
    A simple case with a rubber lining is much better protection than a hard carbon case. As I type this using a hard carbon case.....
    Its just bad luck. My wife's fell off the trunk of her car while driving down the road in a simple case, no problem. She drops it literally 5 times a day as well. I'm sure the time it will crack is when it slips off the coffee table.
    08-27-2016 12:50 PM
    Here a picture
    Attached Thumbnails Note 7 Has A Screen Defect (phone cracked after being dropped)-3734.jpg  
    tinybfk and Viscomi4444 like this.
    08-27-2016 12:59 PM
    Pic
    Attached Thumbnails Note 7 Has A Screen Defect (phone cracked after being dropped)-3734.jpg  
    08-27-2016 12:59 PM
    It's very brittle. Took mine out of my pocket to find the top left corner was cracked. Never dropped or suffered any kind of impact. My brother's phone slipped out of his pocket and fell between the car seat and cracked. There is a problem with this screen and i honestly believe that we will see more and more reports as the days go by.
    08-27-2016 01:07 PM
    That sucks.
    And I thought the S7 Edge was fragile.
    Looks like you still rocking the stock screen protector like me.
    08-27-2016 01:14 PM
    I have to agree there is a problem with this screen I'm sure samsimg with admit it once they have a fix an say they have adjusted their manufactureing process like they did with the S7 active
    08-27-2016 01:15 PM
    That seems to be the #1 place these phones crack.
    08-27-2016 01:15 PM
    at my case and I and have been going out and look at some other cases they don't offer protection around this specific area and easy access to the S Pen. If the case gives you easy access to the S Pen there's so much looseness and movement that if you drop it there's a chance to actually exposed Corner may hit the ground on the ones that have a more tighter fit around that particular corner its a little rough to get the S Pen out on
    08-27-2016 01:51 PM
    I believe the Active , it came down to QC of assembly. With the glass on the Note 7. The edges are not protected being flush on the frame... it's curved on both sides and it's going to be the weak point. On top of that both sides are like that so possible to crack front and back. This front will just need more care than others.

I have to agree there is a problem with this screen I'm sure samsimg with admit it once they have a fix an say they have adjusted their manufactureing process like they did with the S7 active
    08-27-2016 03:32 PM
    Makes since
    08-27-2016 03:34 PM
    Corning's new Gorilla Glass 5 is meant to survive epic smartphone drops | The Verge

"What will define the performance of the overall device on those types of corner drops is stiffness of the phone design, but also how the glass is packaged," Bayne said. Much of this is dependent on what's known as the "proudness" of the glass, which refers to how high above the phone the glass sits. "If it sits up really high, we call that a proud design. If it's protected by the bezel of the design then, it's - not proud. So if you have a device that has a proud design, that one wouldn't perform as well as one that had a different design."

"And as we go to 3D designs, the edge is more exposed ... and you have to be sensitive to that," he added.

Makes since
    Kelly Kearns likes this.
    08-27-2016 04:08 PM
    I have no idea what they are saying lol.... and they take an axe to the phone near the end and just multilate it ... But check out the vid at 5:30 mark where they do a drop test at pocket height... 3ft? Again, at the corner/edges
    imo this phone needs a case with raised bezels to give the sides and corners more protection.

08-27-2016 10:08 PM

Another review I found. In first 3 minutes he mentions how he accidentally dropped at 3 feet and cracked the screen
    08-28-2016 08:50 AM
    The screen may crack more easily - but the phone seems to keep working..this is kinda incredible (check out the "bonus" round):
    o4liberty likes this.
    08-28-2016 09:02 AM
    This device definitely needs a case to protect the screen
    08-28-2016 09:18 AM
    That's a good question I don't really know thing is I know several people with the Galaxy S7 curve who are clumsy as hectic and dropped their phone regularly some without cases and it hasn't cracked or shattered which is why I'm kind of wondering if something they're doing with manufacturing the Curve for the Note 7 with this Gorilla Glass 5 is not making it weaker than it should be
    One thing is sure gg5 is less scratch resistant than gorilla glass 4 but more shatter proof...to gain some u loose some..
    To my luck i dropped my s7 edge flat on the screen from waist height and it dint crack...soo sometimes luck is a major factor...

Posted via Limited Edition Lumia 950 with Mozo Case or Beautiful Gold S7 Edge or Surface pro 4 or Lumia 1020 or motoe or iphone 5s
    08-28-2016 09:22 AM
202 12345 ...