Note 7 Has A Screen Defect (phone cracked after being dropped)

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
The excuses made for this phone are entertaining. So carry on.

What excuses? Samsung designed an all thin glass curved device. It is the perfect crack storm. Still like it, but wish was not glass and had flat display. Again, still like it. Cute little crack magnet.

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Idk why people associate the phones durability with the price... If you drop a DSLR camera or $1000 Laptop it will break...no phone is unbreakable... However, without a case ur phone is bound to break no matter what type of glass is on there I think... It's unfortunate but u just gotta be careful

Doug Crawford

May 5, 2013
Visit site
Re: Note 7 Has A Screen Defect

Day 2 mine slips out of my pocket while leaning back in my computer chair and now has a a crack... Ugg want to cry. What is that like 14 inch fall onto carpet. Something is up ... And by the way the phone was in a Tech21 case

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
Re: Note 7 Has A Screen Defect

No one will feel sorry for you here...
It's a glass phone with raised edges, what did you expect??
Survival rate from drop only 80%... not 100% Clearly the odds are against you :(
Do you work for Apple? :mad:

Day 2 mine slips out of my pocket while leaning back in my computer chair and now has a a crack... Ugg want to cry. What is that like 14 inch fall onto carpet. Something is up ... And by the way the phone was in a Tech21 case

MRS DIVA

Feb 24, 2014
Visit site
My note 2 was a tank.... Had it for 3 years and it fell down many flights of stairs lol

Totally agree regarding the build quality of the Note 2. My Note 2 passed away nearly 2 weeks ago and was dropped a fair few times in my 4 years of ownership.

I really wanted the Note 7 but I've decided not to get one. I found myself spending far too much time researching for cases and screen protectors due to the curved glass design.

If the Note 7 had been flat, I'd would have been happier. Over the years, Sammy has chosen style over substance.... Not the best decision they have made in my humble opinion

I really feel for customers with weeks old Note 7's that have cracks and scratches, knowing that the older Note phones had rock solid build quality.

Posted from my Galaxy Tab Pro

cardboard60

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
Nothing today is built like i was years ago.
Seems people want changes to the phones.
Want it thinner and nicer like a IPhone.
When they build one like that.
It's not nice enough
People want to carry their phones naked
Problem is they are prone to dropping it
Phones are not really made to be dropped.
Don't care which ones will withstand what.
Phones are carried in folks pockets.
Motherboards get cracked and then they have problems with charging.
Or the phone has a problem doing things.
Or the screen gets scratched from being dropped it in their pocket and keys or something gets against it.
Phones are not made to take the punishment that is dished out to them.
Curved screens came out as a new option
With the new option the phones sold really well.
So the company decides tgastbis how they are gonna make them.
I don't think people that mtg phones lives on the forums to listen to people talk about what they want.
Think they go by what sells.
You need to really put a phone in a protective case.
And once that serves the purpose of how you carry it.
And try carrying it in a holster on your side instead of your pocket
I would imagine some of the phones that have caught on fire might be from cracked motherboards from people carrying the phones in their pockets and cracking the motherboards.
Then when they charge them, something shorts out, and gets hot or explodes
Have a friend that repairs mobile phones and tablets that talks about how phones are dropped and put in people's pockets somewhat it does to them.
He says phones are not indestructible.
Something to think about when buying a phone or carrying one.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
All you cracked screen people have lucked out. All Notes are being replaced.

"Samsung announces global recall of Galaxy Note 7
SEOUL, Sept. 2 (Yonhap) -- Samsung Electronics Co. on Friday announced an unprecedented global recall of its Galaxy Note 7 after several of the phablets caught fire while being charged, promising to offer new replacements to all of the buyers at home and abroad.

Samsung apologized for the recall in a news conference in Seoul, saying that its investigation has found the fire was caused by faulty battery cells.

Koh Dong-jin, head of Samsung's handset business division, told reporters that only 24 out of 1 million Galaxy Note 7 smartphones have been found with the faulty battery.

"As of Sept. 1, a total of 35 claims were registered with Samsung's service centers at home and abroad. Only 24 units on a scale of 1 million were affected by the battery problem," Koh said in the conference.

Samsung will replace all Galaxy Note 7 handsets sold at home and abroad with new ones, regardless of the date of the purchase, Koh said.

"By putting our top priority on customer safety, we've decided to halt sales (of Galaxy Note 7) and offer new replacement handsets to all customers," Koh said.

Samsung began selling the Galaxy Note 7 on Aug. 19 in 10 countries worldwide.

(END)"

http://english.yonhapnews.co.kr/business/2016/09/02/22/0502000000AEN20160902009400320F.html

EvEr34

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
Nothing today is built like i was years ago.
Seems people want changes to the phones.
Want it thinner and nicer like a IPhone.
When they build one like that.
It's not nice enough
People want to carry their phones naked
Problem is they are prone to dropping it
Phones are not really made to be dropped.
Don't care which ones will withstand what.
Phones are carried in folks pockets.
Motherboards get cracked and then they have problems with charging.
Or the phone has a problem doing things.
Or the screen gets scratched from being dropped it in their pocket and keys or something gets against it.
Phones are not made to take the punishment that is dished out to them.
Curved screens came out as a new option
With the new option the phones sold really well.
So the company decides tgastbis how they are gonna make them.
I don't think people that mtg phones lives on the forums to listen to people talk about what they want.
Think they go by what sells.
You need to really put a phone in a protective case.
And once that serves the purpose of how you carry it.
And try carrying it in a holster on your side instead of your pocket
I would imagine some of the phones that have caught on fire might be from cracked motherboards from people carrying the phones in their pockets and cracking the motherboards.
Then when they charge them, something shorts out, and gets hot or explodes
Have a friend that repairs mobile phones and tablets that talks about how phones are dropped and put in people's pockets somewhat it does to them.
He says phones are not indestructible.
Something to think about when buying a phone or carrying one.

Read the threads. Some people don't even know how their screens cracked in the firsts place. Others report broken screens from 1 foot drops on CARPET! Funny thing is many people who have had an issue say they are using a case. This phone is advertised as having gorilla glass 5; Cornings strongest glass yet!

I have been following this issue here on AC and other forums and it is very clear to me that there is a problem with this glass.

Also, I have read no threads or comments where people are expecting indestructible phones but according to you we should not even carry our phone in our pockets so we don't bend the motherboards!!!!

I have never liked cases as I find them bulky. Like many people I usually buy one when I get a new phone. However, I usually retire them to my nighstand within a couple weeks and carry the phone naked. Of course my screen gets scratched up a little and I can live with that. If I am not careful and drop the phone on concrete, pavement or even ceramic and crack my screen I can live with that also. What I can't accept however, is my screen cracking for no apparent reason.

jeetu4444

Trusted Member
Sep 3, 2014
Visit site
Lucky for note 7 owners even with cracked screen u will get a replacement...good news

Posted via Limited Edition Lumia 950 with Mozo Case or Beautiful Gold S7 Edge or Surface pro 4 or Lumia 1020 or motoe or iphone 5s

Gerichards

Sep 4, 2016
Visit site
My phone just fell out of my pocket 2 feet and the glass is cracked...but on the plus side all note 7's have been recalled for battery fire issues and they will take it back no matter the condition and replace it.

dsignori

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
Re: more fragile then my note 5

That only applies to GG5 from Corning untouched. Seems as though all bets are off if you manipulate it. I'm thinking it's > 20% now. :confused:

Cracked! Samsung's Galaxy Note 7 mysteriously fractured in my bag - CNET

"You'd think that makes the Note 7's screen the "best," but there's a catch. Corning's claim applies to the glass on its own, not to products that have altered it, as a curved screen does, Corning told CNET at its Gorilla Glass 5 launch in June. Fragile corners are especially susceptible to damage, inherent drop-resistance or no. If the Note 7 lands flat on its face, that screen is tough to break, like we showed in our drop test video. But better watch those edges!"

I see that in that article, he mentions "I slipped it back into the interior pocket it shared with another device I'm testing." Kind of important to note, no?

Maybe this screen cracks more than previous ones. Maybe it's just exposed due to curves. It's clear that folks need to take care with the device, that much seems certain.

Jad Morffier

Jun 19, 2016
Visit site
My phone just fell out of my pocket 2 feet and the glass is cracked...but on the plus side all note 7's have been recalled for battery fire issues and they will take it back no matter the condition and replace it.
Just happened to me this morning. Two feet off the ground.
0cb85bd8021fb26b60003cc195b7ece2.jpg

Bertolus

Sep 1, 2016
Visit site
I can't remember how often I dropped my iPhone 6S Plus on the floor including concrete. Nothing happened apart from a few scratches on the metal frame. That's what I call durability.

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site

Yes I saw it... so your saying person can't "slip" a phone in a bag with anything else next to it??

Didn't say "I threw it in my bag next to another phone so hard I heard it bang against it"

So millions of women cannot slip her Note7 into a bag with anything else in that compartment... wallet? Keys? The gazillion of things women keep in there bags?

Seriously, the writer gave no impression that she put it in her bag in any unusual way she would any other time with anything else she put in her bag that would cause breakage. It is this type of scenario that clearly makes you think... this phone is too damn brittle for normal daily handling.

It's been only two weeks and there had been quiet a few of these stories. Well have to see as more time passes and see even when people get there replacements we reset the clock and see.

I see that in that article, he mentions "I slipped it back into the interior pocket it shared with another device I'm testing." Kind of important to note, no?

Maybe this screen cracks more than previous ones. Maybe it's just exposed due to curves. It's clear that folks need to take care with the device, that much seems certain.

cardboard60

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
Which pocket was you carrying the phone in. Your shirt pocket.
Regardless what kind of glass it's made out of.
You really think they was made to be dropped?
And especially in something like concrete.
Wow.

EvEr34

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
I think some people are falling to grasp what others are complaining about. From what I have read no one is expecting an indestructible phone. In fact I don't remember reading anywhere of someone crying because their screen cracked after 3,4 or 5 foot drop. Of course glass breaks but I am of the opinion that the glass on this phone breaks to easily. These are object that we manipulate all day long. We carry them on our person be it in a purse or a pocket for pretty much every hour that we are awake. It's a tool and is used as such and I only assume that it should be somewhat resistant. To want a case is one thing but to almost being forced to put one on is another.

cardboard60

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
Sometimes when mfg tried to make things harder as a product.
The product in return becomes more brittle.

Not sure that the mfg has enough time to do the testing that they need to.
And just like the Auto companies, they put the product out for the consumers to buy and test for them.

And that makes things tough for the consumers.

dsignori

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site

Yes I saw it... so your saying person can't "slip" a phone in a bag with anything else next to it??

Didn't say "I threw it in my bag next to another phone so hard I heard it bang against it"

So millions of women cannot slip her Note7 into a bag with anything else in that compartment... wallet? Keys? The gazillion of things women keep in there bags?

Seriously, the writer gave no impression that she put it in her bag in any unusual way she would any other time with anything else she put in her bag that would cause breakage. It is this type of scenario that clearly makes you think... this phone is too damn brittle for normal daily handling.

It's been only two weeks and there had been quiet a few of these stories. Well have to see as more time passes and see even when people get there replacements we reset the clock and see.

The point is that the Note 7 wasn't in the pocket by itself. Something else was in there and there wasn't any indication that WHATEVER that was didn't collide with it and cause the issue. You don't know. I don't know.

.. this phone is too damn brittle for normal daily handling...

For who? Not for me, maybe for you. Cool. You can be the cracked screen evangelist if you like. I really don't think we are saying different things to be honest. I just don't care as much I guess because I take very good care of my phone, and I don't put it in a pocket with other things..

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
livinlavidaloca