Always on screen...are you using it?

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Thanks...not seeing a way to change it in text messages (stock). I'd prefer green flashing over blue. And I'd prefer red for calendar.
It might be an option for all apps. I use textra for texting and that app has the option.

So with not all apps offering color choice, that's a benefit of AOD.

French

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
Thanks for the reply. Even some apps where I can specify things (such as alert tone) aren't "sticking". For example, Twitter allows me to select a different "default" tone, but when I go back into the settings the default is selected again. I have changed it a gazillion times and it still defaults to default.

And i had posted in another thread that my ringtone won't stick after a reboot. I have to go back into the main menu settings and change it again.

boufa

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
I use it, 24/7 (at night, the only time I might not use it, its on a charger, so no battery issue). It has been said that the AOD burns about the same amount of battery as turning your screen full on to check the time/date/appointments on a couple times a day. So it might yield a net positive battery impact.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
In some things I do. I like the different face options, and I love that I can make it blue so that it matches my device. But I loved how much more interactive Moto's Active Display was/is. I think Samsung nailed the classy look of their display, but I found Moto's to be more practical and useful.
Moto active display is more interactive but I never used that functionality. I just opened the app when I got a notification.

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
Moto active display is more interactive but I never used that functionality. I just opened the app when I got a notification.

I love the idea of touching the notification and having it expand to show you more info. If Samsung's AOD had that, I would absolutely love it. It's not a necessity, but it was sure nice at times.

race4life

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
I'm using it and love it. Had the s7 Edge and never used it since it didn't support 3rd party apps. I've had Moto active display in the past and I didn't like and don't get why so many enjoy it. My biggest gripe was that the display would come on just when the phone moved. I would put it on the couch or bed, if it moved the display would turn on so I found myself looking at the phone more because I would think I had a notification and didn't.
To each their own, I guess.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I love the idea of touching the notification and having it expand to show you more info. If Samsung's AOD had that, I would absolutely love it. It's not a necessity, but it was sure nice at times.
I could see why some would like it... I never used that functionality when I had moto though.

French

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
I do like having a quick glance of my calendar for the day. I'm not terribly busy so don't "live" in my calendar like some do so having it there front-and-center is nice. I like having nothing to do all day. ;) In all seriousness, because I don't open my calendar it's nice to have a reminder of what's going on. I just wish I could swap out tasks for reminders. I don't use tasks at all as I haven't figured out how to incorporate them smoothly. I can create reminders via Google Keep as well as voice commands but have yet to figure out an easy "task" manager. I know there are tons of them, but reminders work well for me at the moment.

Viscomi4444

Aug 8, 2016
Visit site
I only use it when I go to sleep. If I wake up then I can easily see the time. I don't use the nightclock because I keep my phone vertically.

Schlubbe

Aug 16, 2016
Visit site
Ponce de Leon, constantly on
The Fountain of Youth, not Robotron!
-Beastie Boys Sounds of Science

Song gets stuck in my head whenever the AOD is mentioned.
Using it, like it

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon