Always on screen...are you using it?

bmitchell1876

Apr 30, 2013
Visit site
I use hangouts for texting and the AOD shows the little hangout icon when i have a text....

My question is - are there any settings or texting apps that will actually display the text message content on the AOD??

THANKS

wookiee2cu

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
I have an image on my Always On Display and last night I noticed that the image went to about half the brightness than an hour before. Only thing I could figure was that I was in a room with just the TV on and it was pretty dark where I was sitting, does it pick up on surrounding light and use less brightness if in a dark room?

French

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
I'm using the calendar version of the AOD that lists my schedule...and I noticed today that it lists stuff in backwards order (to me anyway). I would expect and prefer to see all day appointments at the top of the list, with the following appointments listed in time order (9:00 a.m., then below that 10:00 a.m., then below that noon, then below that 2:00 p.m., etc.).

Well mine is opposite. It shows my last appointment first (descending order) and my all day appointments at the bottom of the list. I like that the actual appointments "fall off" as they come and go, but I would like to see my calendar list in calendar time order. That is to say, ascending order.

clerk

May 16, 2016
Visit site
I really wanted AOD to work, but here's what I noticed...

1) AOD is disabled when Power Saving Mode is turned on.

2) The calendar appointments are only displayed if you're using Sammy's calendar app. (I disabled it because I like Google Calendar better).

:(

i tried to disable the sammy calendar app and it keep sending me notifications that i had disabled it. super annoying any idea how to fix?

Thanks.

GWaLL13

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
Title basically says it, dip you use always on screen?

I'm using it now, but trying to decide if it's beneficial for me. I know it's nice to see the notification alerts on the screen, but the notification light blinking did the same thing without having something lit up on the screen all the time.

For me the biggest benefit is actually being able to see what notifications you have, but then again you can do that with the notification blinking light by changing the color for the notifications.

It does not appear to use much battery power so far, so who knows. Interested to see other thoughts.

I use it at work, that way I'm not always reaching for my phone and activating the screen which adversely uses more battery. I find it beneficial to ignore what I want and give it attention when it's necessary.

Issemann

May 20, 2010
Visit site
i tried to disable the sammy calendar app and it keep sending me notifications that i had disabled it. super annoying any idea how to fix?

Thanks.
How did you disable it? I used Package Disabler Pro and I'm not getting any notifications. I also don't use Samsung Cloud to backup anything. Perhaps that is what's causing the notifications?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781