Irish scanner without swipe?

rajeeee

Aug 23, 2016
Visit site
Coming from S3, I am in the habbit of pressing the power button to unlocke the device. If the iris scanner would just show up after that that would be really helpful, but I need to swipe. Why did they make it like this? For whatever reason they did this why not give us an option at least.

Last edited:

alejovh1#AC

Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
Could be to save battery life. Otherwise the infrared would have to scan all the time when pressing the power button. I also would like that option very much.

Last edited:

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
May be they could have used motion sensors to detect the lifting up action, and then activate iris sensors. Something like when screen is off and motion is detected. It can lead to lot of false positives in some scenarios but they could have made that as optional if user wanted. Agree they will definitely tweak this in next version.

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Exactly my question a couples days ago. If i have to swipe I might a well keep my finger on the home button and unlock via fingerprint instead. Don't get me wrong, it's a pretty cool feature and works well for me but it's an extra step that doesn't make it as useful.

Posted via the Android Central App

rajeeee

Aug 23, 2016
Visit site
I only press the power button to unlock. Notifications and Time shows up in the always on display anyway. So the power saving logic doesn't seem valid, at least to me.

blackhemi4x4

Dec 8, 2013
Visit site
4dc3f9d717ccf9bdc9f9d4217aba89ee.jpg

audri5

Mar 28, 2014
Visit site
I have seen a YouTube video that didn't require the swipe and a samsung commercial that doesn't require the swipe but it definitely isn't an option on the phone. I would love to keep using it but it doesn't make sense to add a step to the unlock process so I stopped using it. Hopefully they will update it in the future.

RichBrown68

Banned
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
Last St. Patrick's day, I went to the local parade as an Irish scanner, but couldn't find anyone I was interested in. It's like they were all gay or something.

--RICH

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol