Hi there,

I just wanted some advice..

I'm wondering if anybody has had any experience (presumably bad) in getting an Exynos International version of a Galaxy bought outside the US fixed IN the US?

Reason being that I'm based in the UK but moving to the US in a few weeks. I've just bought an S7 Note here for use there because of the complete lack of bloatware. I'm hoping to use it on AT&T/Cricket or Tmo.

IN fact the only thing worrying me now (aside from whether Samsung Pay will be compatible - assume it will?) is the thought of dropping it and breaking it or some fault developing. I'm assuming all warranties are local so I'm on my own with this..

Has anyone here had similar issues with other Samsung models (probably too early for the Note 7) and what happened?

Thanks
    08-23-2016 09:59 AM
    Hi there,

I just wanted some advice..

I'm wondering if anybody has had any experience (presumably bad) in getting an Exynos International version of a Galaxy bought outside the US fixed IN the US?

Reason being that I'm based in the UK but moving to the US in a few weeks. I've just bought an S7 Note here for use there because of the complete lack of bloatware. I'm hoping to use it on AT&T/Cricket or Tmo.

IN fact the only thing worrying me now (aside from whether Samsung Pay will be compatible - assume it will?) is the thought of dropping it and breaking it or some fault developing. I'm assuming all warranties are local so I'm on my own with this..

Has anyone here had similar issues with other Samsung models (probably too early for the Note 7) and what happened?

Thanks
    For most portions you should be fine using it in on GSM carriers like T-Mobile and AT&T. You may not have some carrier specific features like Wi-Fi calling etc in addition to Samsung pay. But if you are in a good coverage area it probably doesn't matter that much. In fact for example I never use Wi-Fi calling since I get awesome coverage but at my previous place it was very helpful since I had spotty coverage inside the house.
    08-23-2016 10:06 AM
    Ah - this is one thing that bothers me.. Do you think I will struggle to use Samsung Pay? Why would it not work?
    08-23-2016 10:24 AM
    Just make sure to get one with usa lte bands and you will be fine
    08-23-2016 03:00 PM
    Hey.

Yeah the international version is fine with GSM bands. I'm just more concerned about this thought I may not be able to use Samsung pay.

I'll be using a us bank on a us account on Samsung pay on an international model.. would this cause issues? I am curious to know why

Thanks
    08-23-2016 04:27 PM