Galaxy Note 7 gets embarrassed by iPhone 6s in speed test

Status
Not open for further replies.

archer75

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
Yo can you beam a video to your smarttv or roku with your iphone?

Posted via the Android Central App

Yes you can.

Also while you cannot set default apps at the os level you can at the app level. Any link I select in outlook opens chrome. Any link in chrome opens a Google app. I set default browsers in other apps as well.

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
You don't have to use the phone like that to be faster. The iPhone is significantly faster in standard day to day use.

Enjoy your saved 0.01 seconds of time while we're wireless charging and setting 3rd party apps as defaults. That's the difference. Again, for at least the tenth time in this thread, Android users in general and especially Note 7 users will always choose more features over that saved 0.01 seconds. Yes, you can get to your app drawer faster but once you get there there's nothing for you to do.

stackberry369

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site
99.999% of people don't ever need to download an exe on their phone. Really a non issue in all but very few specialized cases.
The iphone really isn't as locked down as you think. They've been opening up more of the OS to developers recently. Most of the standard old complaints aren't really valid anymore.
that's because Android is stealing their lunch money

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
I have used the S6+ and the Note 7. Note 7 blows the S6+ away for use experience/function and I notice no performance issues. I Do notice the better display, a lot more storage for the money, more flexible UI, OS, apps etc. Thought I would post this before mods probably lock it.

Also. at 1080p 6+ res, the battery life is equal or better.

Last edited by a moderator:

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
ios does have widgets. You can also replace the entire keyboard and not change just the color.
What good is a widget if you have to pull down a screen to see it? Widgets need to be on homescreens where you cannot forget them nor miss them.

archer75

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
Not a fanboy. Just clearing up misconceptions. The iPhone 6s plus was my first iPhone. I've owned windows phones. I've had a ton of Android phones. I have computers at home running multiple linux and windows versions as well as a mac. I've owned windows PDA's. I used an apple newton at a previous company I run it all.
I've rooted and run a variety of roms.

So, no, not a fanboy.

anon(52425)

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
I miss the pure Android versions that Samsung partnered up with Google a few years back. Still loving my Note 7 though. It's miles ahead of iOS.

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
I declare Shenanigans. I wouldn't consider milliseconds to be "significantly faster" on a feature deprived iDevice. :p

That's actually an interesting point. The iPhone does seem to be milliseconds faster, but it does so much less. So really, Android is arguably faster because it's ALMOST keeping up with an OS that does nothing. That's actually incredibly impressive to me and I hadn't really looked at it from that angle before. Imagine how slow iOS would be if it wasn't just an app drawer of an OS.

mynameisnick4

Aug 4, 2016
Visit site
I think people underestimate the advantage Apple has with their closed ecosystem. They control everything from the hardware to the OS. Nothing they don't want get's in and everything is optimized. The downside of this is you get less freedom. This is the same argument with OS X vs Windows as well. So I am not surprised an iPhone may be a bit snappier and faster than an Android phone, it still doesn't change the fact that I will never own an iPhone.

shadoweave

Sep 13, 2015
Visit site
As a former motorcycle racer, I can attest, that SPEED is not everything, not even close. It is PRECISION, TECHNIQUE, AND EXECUTION that makes winners..

Speed does matter if your app is slow as hell it is an issue. To this otherwise is mindless fandroid defensiveness.

If the note 7 out performed you'd be bragging.

The bigger question is why? The year old iPhone has inferior hardware and less ram doesn't it? Is it a simple tuning issue?

shadoweave

Sep 13, 2015
Visit site
That's actually an interesting point. The iPhone does seem to be milliseconds faster, but it does so much less. So really, Android is arguably faster because it's ALMOST keeping up with an OS that does nothing. That's actually incredibly impressive to me and I hadn't really looked at it from that angle before. Imagine how slow iOS would be if it wasn't just an app drawer of an OS.

So much less? They run all the same apps. My wife's iPhone actually runs smoother over all and has more clean graphic transitions than droid. Her phone has almost 300 apps on it and no slow down. Even if you hate apple you should make informed comments.

I'm guessing the apple gpu may be better helping off load some of the cpu functions.

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
Speed does matter if your app is slow as hell it is an issue. To this otherwise is mindless fandroid defensiveness.

If the note 7 out performed you'd be bragging.

The bigger question is why? The year old iPhone has inferior hardware and less ram doesn't it? Is it a simple tuning issue?

And if you consider the apps opening as "slow as he**", that's up to you. The vast majority of people consider the Note 7 as snappy and fluid. Myself included. And the answer to your bigger question is that the old iPhone is 100% locked down by apple, allowing for superior control and optimization. Also, the iPhone does nothing other than the basics of an app drawer and web browsing so it's not like the OS is being taxed.

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
So much less? They run all the same apps. My wife's iPhone actually runs smoother over all and has more clean graphic transitions than droid. Her phone has almost 300 apps on it and no slow down. Even if you hate apple you should make informed comments.

I'm guessing the apple gpu may be better helping off load some of the cpu functions.

What do you mean the transitions are more clean than droid? Which Droid? All droid's are android, not all android's are droid's. Before telling others to make informed comments, you might do the same and set the example.

And i'm pretty sure Apple doesn't run S Notes or the Samsung Theme/Wallpaper/App program. Or the scrollable widgets that don't require you to open the app entirely. Or the ability to create gifs using the s pen.

shadoweave

Sep 13, 2015
Visit site
And if you consider the apps opening as "slow as he**", that's up to you. The vast majority of people consider the Note 7 as snappy and fluid. Myself included. And the answer to your bigger question is that the old iPhone is 100% locked down by apple, allowing for superior control and optimization. Also, the iPhone does nothing other than the basics of an app drawer and web browsing so it's not like the OS is being taxed.

The lock down is why I don't want an iPhone. I like access to the Filesystem and the customization ability. (And I like Google in general)

However I think you may have a point about the optimization. Their hardware and their software. I think you may have hit on the why.

Samsung makes awesome hardware!!! They cannot code for shot though. I'm disabling what I can of theirs and replacing it with the corresponding Google app. Hopefully that will help me optimize my Note 7

Ty. You have good insight.

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
The lock down is why I don't want an iPhone. I like access to the Filesystem and the customization ability. (And I like Google in general)

However I think you may have a point about the optimization. Their hardware and their software. I think you may have hit on the why.

Samsung makes awesome hardware!!! They cannot code for shot though. I'm disabling what I can of theirs and replacing it with the corresponding Google app. Hopefully that will help me optimize my Note 7

Ty. You have good insight.

Touchwiz has always been a drag when it comes to performance. But at the same time, I still take the features all day, every day. That more than makes up for it to me.

Bartone

Jul 31, 2016
Visit site
Even If It Is True That The Note 7 Isn't as fast or fluid out of the box than an iPhone, are there .

Even if it's true that the Note 7 isn't as fast or fluid out of the box than an iPhone, are there tweaks that can be made to change that? If so, what are they?

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylorhudson5670