Galaxy Note 7 gets embarrassed by iPhone 6s in speed test

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adranalyne

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
I'm sure Samsung's response to this will be to release the Samsung Galaxy Note 7 App Drawer Edition where they significantly reduce the quality/resolution of the display, remove almost every feature, and tweak Android Nougat to just be the app drawer and settings menu.

Looking forward to the app load tests then.

Posted via the Android Central App

piinkRainbowz

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I'm apart of the "Who cares" crowd.

This phones does what i want it do. And I'm always clearing out my recent apps list anyway. So it's a non-issue.

Strong_Genetics

Aug 18, 2016
Visit site
I'm sure Samsung's response to this will be to release the Samsung Galaxy Note 7 App Drawer Edition where they significantly reduce the quality/resolution of the display, remove almost every feature, and tweak Android Nougat to just be the app drawer and settings menu.

Looking forward to the app load tests then.

lol Exactly ....they have no widgets to worry about running in the background or anything.....Just jump from app to app to app with little to no interface.....

jgraves1107

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
Ok wow! So the iPhone is faster at doing what??? Oh that's right it can't do much of anything. It's plain Jane and nothing fun about it. There is no customization and it sucks at office it sucks at Pokemon. My oh my my youngest hates his iPhone cuz Pokemon half [removed] works on it. My dad still can't figure out how to get his to stay connected to Wi-Fi without having to factory reset it every few weeks. That's even after they give him a brand new one at the store. Apple is a simple phone for simple people. They don't need to actual do anything productive with it! It just needs to be able to open a billion useless apps faster than any other phone.

Last edited by a moderator:

SteelGator

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
Whatever happened to doing a search prior to posting? How many threads are we going to proliferate of this same set of meaningless test???

ra535i

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
If I may,... These are things that I find myself repeating to iPhone users and nexus users alike. The way I see it, I want the proverbial "kitchen sink" of phones and as of right now, it's the note 7. below is my list for both things that iOS can't provide, and some that vanilla android can't provide.

- Set 3rd party apps as defaults.
- copying files directly to the phone.
- expandable storage.
- wireless charging.
- Samsung pay (mst: seriously, this **** is magic. nfc is great, but useless at O.G. terminals)
- best camera with manual controls and doubletap to launch (possible with vanilla android , impossible with iPhone (jailbreak?))
- Dat screen
- QC (wish it was 3.0, but whatever. still faster than anything apple has)
- Real widgets (ex. calendar and agenda on a screen that are both actionable, scrollable feedly feed that is also actionable, google keep todo lists on a screen with different labels in quadrants. long story short, when someone wants to race to see how fast we can open our calendars, feeds, etc.. i'm done once the screen unlocks while their app is still opening.)
- Customization (nova, action launcher, zooper, klwp,.. etc. etc.
- S-pen (me: "hey hunny, write down this number,... wife: hold on, (starts to unlock phone to open notes on iPhone) me: "nvm, I got it" writes on screen, places phone back in pocket.

I can keep going, but here's the reality, these vids where they're launching like 50 apps at a time and opening multiple games, that's not how I use my phone, and i'm willing to bet that 90% of peeps also don't sit there and open apps nonstop for 3 minutes. I'm currently on vacay in Japan/Thailand and have been using maps side by side with AC open so that we can get around while reading through forum posts about my new note 7 sitting at my house in florida awaiting my arrival. All while bouncing back and forth with hyperdia, tripadvisor, yelp, airbnb, pokemon go (*shakes head), and skype and guess what, no memory issues or redraws (GS7E). This is real world use and my phone performed flawlessly all while my poor wife's IP5s died midday.

Use what you like, but let's face facts, iOS is simply not as flexible as some users need it to be. Vanilla android is adding features that manufacturer skins have added, admitting that even they need to match what others have done. If I were to cherry pick things I need daily, only one phone checks off ALL boxes, and that's the note 7.

I also would like to mention that my wife is converting. silver and onyx waiting at home :).

Jona005

Apr 4, 2016
Visit site
if you want a phone that's quick out of the box and simple, I'm sure the Iphone is wonderful. As for the Note 7, I've never seen so many different settings abilities in one phone. I like being able to make a phone quick through my own preferences.

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
Reasons people buy Samsung phones:
"Look at the screen!"
"The camera is amazing!"
"I like the S Pen!"
"The amount of things it can do is crazy!"

Reasons people buy Apple phones:
"They're simple"

Wiley_11

May 10, 2011
Visit site
but here's the reality, these vids where they're launching like 50 apps at a time and opening multiple games, that's not how I use my phone, and i'm willing to bet that 90% of peeps also don't sit there and open apps nonstop for 3 minutes.

Couldn't have have said it better myself!......:D And I would say 99.999% don't use a phone like that, pretty ridiculous video IMO.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
If I may,... These are things that I find myself repeating to iPhone users and nexus users alike. The way I see it, I want the proverbial "kitchen sink" of phones and as of right now, it's the note 7. below is my list for both things that iOS can't provide, and some that vanilla android can't provide.

- expandable storage.
- wireless charging.
- Samsung pay (mst: seriously, this **** is magic. nfc is great, but useless at O.G. terminals)
- best camera with manual controls and doubletap to launch (possible with vanilla android , impossible with iPhone (jailbreak?))
- Dat screen
- Real widgets (ex. calendar and agenda on a screen that are both actionable, scrollable feedly feed that is also actionable, google keep todo lists on a screen with different labels in quadrants. long story short, when someone wants to race to see how fast we can open our calendars, feeds, etc.. i'm done once the screen unlocks while their app is still opening.)
- S-pen (me: "hey hunny, write down this number,... wife: hold on, (starts to unlock phone to open notes on iPhone) me: "nvm, I got it" writes on screen, places phone back in pocket.

I can keep going, but here's the reality, these vids where they're launching like 50 apps at a time and opening multiple games, that's not how I use my phone, and i'm willing to bet that 90% of peeps also don't sit there and open apps nonstop for 3 minutes. I'm currently on vacay in Japan/Thailand and have been using maps side by side with AC open so that we can get around while reading through forum posts about my new note 7 sitting at my house in florida awaiting my arrival. All while bouncing back and forth with hyperdia, tripadvisor, yelp, airbnb, pokemon go (*shakes head), and skype and guess what, no memory issues or redraws (GS7E). This is real world use and my phone performed flawlessly all while my poor wife's IP5s died midday.

Use what you like, but let's face facts, iOS is simply not as flexible as some users need it to be. Vanilla android is adding features that manufacturer skins have added, admitting that even they need to match what others have done. If I were to cherry pick things I need daily, only one phone checks off ALL boxes, and that's the note 7.

I also would like to mention that my wife is converting. silver and onyx waiting at home :).
all that you say is true and I don't like iPhones but I do wish our Note 7 was the fastest do. It does matter to me.

ra535i

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
Oh I agree 100%. However, I'd rather have the features that I want even if they're slower by seconds, rather than not having the features at all. Nothing Is more satisfying than watching someone try to use their iPhone/nexus to pay at a home depot after I've done so with my S7E, not realizing nfc isn't available. Or, visiting an Ikea and nonchalantly dropping my phone on their wireless chargers while watching others drop their iphones on them assuming it would "just work". This is why the "kitchen sink" approach works for me. Its not a question of how long does it take me to do something on my phone as much as it's IF my phone can do something that would bother me.

archer75

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
Couldn't have have said it better myself!......:D And I would say 99.999% don't use a phone like that, pretty ridiculous video IMO.
You don't have to use the phone like that to be faster. The iPhone is significantly faster in standard day to day use.

Stealthieone

Sep 5, 2012
Visit site

- expandable storage.
- wireless charging.
- Dat screen

Great post.. I agree 100%

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
You don't have to use the phone like that to be faster. The iPhone is significantly faster in standard day to day use.

I used the iPhone 6 Plus when it came out to try. It works but it wasn't like it somehow was light years faster than my Android phones. IMO performance is fine. I don't see people in the real world opening 6 games on their phone back to back to do it... They launch the app and do w/e it is they wanted to do with said app.

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
I don't personally think asking for a more fluid and resource efficient operating system is to much to ask

Well, if you need to open 300 apps as fast as you can in 2 minutes, stick with iOS. It's a pretty simple scenario. If you actually use your phone to get things done in the real world, the Note 7 is fantastic for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davisongeorge