08-25-2016 03:11 PM
73 123
tools
    08-23-2016 10:00 AM
    Wow... really. Did you come here to gloat? My flip phone is faster than my Note 7 and your iPhone, but much like your iPhone, I would far rather have my Note. I couldn't care less about opening 300 apps in 2 minutes. I like my features, and if they cost me speed, then so be it. The iOS system is getting very old, and stale. Its apps are tightly wrapped into the OS, because they control every little part of the OS, and leave no customization to the user.

If someone said iPhone OS or Touchwiz, but remember touchwiz is going to be slower, I would still take TW any time. Call me a fanboy, whatever, I like my phone.. its better than be an iSheep.

(Oh and this maybe news to you... but there have been several threads already on this video)
    08-23-2016 10:11 AM
    I don't personally think asking for a more fluid and resource efficient operating system is to much to ask
    08-23-2016 10:14 AM
    Several of these have already been posted. Yes, the iphone is absolutely faster. I owned one. And sold it. And got the note 7.
    08-23-2016 10:15 AM
    Exactly lol...you can't even download files from websites and save them to your device....Andriod is so much more convenient to me it's not even funny....Iphone is way too controlled and I can't standddddd Itunes.....I'll take my drag and drop lol ..

And don't get me started on flash on the safari browser.....2016 and still no embedded flash on most sites ...
    jamesrick80, recDNA and Alan Sims like this.
    08-23-2016 10:17 AM
    Exactly lol...you can't even download files from websites and save them to your device....Andriod is so much more convenient to me it's not even funny....Iphone is way too controlled and I can't standddddd Itunes.....I'll take my drag and drop lol ..
    When I had an iphone I never used itunes. Never. And yes, you can download files to the iphone. I download PDF's and even downloaded an ebook I had on onedrive and then uploaded the same file to google play books.

Flash is a non issue. I've never encountered any site that wouldn't work. Even google is ditching flash in chrome soon.
    shadoweave likes this.
    08-23-2016 10:20 AM
    Pdf yes..but try to download a exe......I fix computers and sometimes need to download install files on the go and transfer them to the computer I'm fixing...something you can't do on a iphone...
    08-23-2016 10:22 AM
    Both phones have their strengths...I think they tailor to 2 different crowds and me personally I cannot deal with how locked down the iPhone is.....
    MikezDroid, boufa and Makad like this.
    08-23-2016 10:25 AM
    99.999% of people don't ever need to download an exe on their phone. Really a non issue in all but very few specialized cases.
    The iphone really isn't as locked down as you think. They've been opening up more of the OS to developers recently. Most of the standard old complaints aren't really valid anymore.
    08-23-2016 10:25 AM
    I run into the issue more then you think...I send people links to programs to download to their computers and they can't cause there using a iphone......I rather have the option of doing it all then get used to not having it.....
    Shawn0813 likes this.
    08-23-2016 10:29 AM
    I don't care about speed test. I prefer Android to crapple.

Posted via the Android Central App
    boufa likes this.
    08-23-2016 10:36 AM
    Can we start changing the titles of these threads to "People should be embarrassed for thinking app load tests, which rely generally on how long the phone keeps something in memory, is indicative of overall device performance/speed because most people don't keep 2-3 games running at the same time"? It's a little wordy, but may clear up some confusion.

08-23-2016 10:37 AM
    I run into the issue more then you think...I send people links to programs to download to their computers and they can't cause there using a iphone......I rather have the option of doing it all then get used to not having it.....
    Besides some programs what can you not do with an iphone that you Can with an android For me personally I'm not that big-into customization l prefer a more simplistic setup with my most used APP's on the main Screen everything else in the app drawer. For 99% of my day to day use customization is just not something I use regularly beyond the initial set up. This is purely out of curiosity not trying to debate just trying to see how others use their phones differently than I do.
    08-23-2016 10:39 AM
    Wow... really. Did you come here to gloat? My flip phone is faster than my Note 7 and your iPhone, but much like your iPhone, I would far rather have my Note. I couldn't care less about opening 300 apps in 2 minutes. I like my features, and if they cost me speed, then so be it. The iOS system is getting very old, and stale. Its apps are tightly wrapped into the OS, because they control every little part of the OS, and leave no customization to the user.

If someone said iPhone OS or Touchwiz, but remember touchwiz is going to be slower, I would still take TW any time. Call me a fanboy, whatever, I like my phone.. its better than be an iSheep.

(Oh and this maybe news to you... but there have been several threads already on this video)
    Gloat? I'm posting from a Note7. So, um, no.
    08-23-2016 10:45 AM
    I too also have a note 7. And it's incredibly laggy compared to my 6S
    MikezDroid and Garneth like this.
    08-23-2016 10:48 AM
    I'll take the customization and convenience of android over iOS. IOS users can have the milliseconds of time they save. Don't get me wrong I think iPhones are great just not for me.

I had an iPod touch awhile ago and dealing with iTunes was a nightmare. I don't get why Apple makes a simple and elegant UI like iOS but then creates something like iTunes.
    08-23-2016 10:50 AM
    I'll take the customization and convenience of android over iOS. IOS users can have the milliseconds of time they save. Don't get me wrong I think iPhones are great just not for me.

I had an iPod touch awhile ago and dealing with iTunes was a nightmare. I don't get why Apple makes a simple and elegant UI like iOS but then creates something like iTunes.
    ITunes is really old compared to ios. They've tried to make it better with Apple music app and giving a little more freedom but it's still a mess. It's funny what helped apple blow up with the ipod and iTunes is probably the worst thing about an iPhone at this point.

recDNA and fragologist like this.
    08-23-2016 10:54 AM
    I too also have a note 7. And it's incredibly laggy compared to my 6S
    I was a bit doubtful because on paper my note 7 had twice the RAM and comparable processor.

I took my wife's iPhone and put the Note7 and hers in airplane mode, killed all running apps on both and did a test for myself.

I now believe this guy's test as well.

Still love my phone just disillusioned by the fact that the iPhone can do the work with half of the resources.
    08-23-2016 10:56 AM

I remember last year when IOS updated and gave users the ablity to change their keyboard color everyone was all happy and i even had people at work come up and show me and im like.....Ive been doing that Since my HTC EVO lol ...Not only color but changing the entire keyboard.....Apples recent customization is a direct to response to how open android already is......Personally if your a widget person too apple Realllyyy needs to step their game up...Thier UI is literally just rows of icons.....
    08-23-2016 10:58 AM
    A Porsche 911 is faster than a 55 Chevy too, but I'll take the 55 any day of the year....
    msndrstood likes this.
    08-23-2016 11:03 AM
    I'm sure Samsung's response to this will be to release the Samsung Galaxy Note 7 App Drawer Edition where they significantly reduce the quality/resolution of the display, remove almost every feature, and tweak Android Nougat to just be the app drawer and settings menu.

Looking forward to the app load tests then.

08-23-2016 11:04 AM
    I'm apart of the "Who cares" crowd.

This phones does what i want it do. And I'm always clearing out my recent apps list anyway. So it's a non-issue.
    msndrstood likes this.
    08-23-2016 11:04 AM
    I'm sure Samsung's response to this will be to release the Samsung Galaxy Note 7 App Drawer Edition where they significantly reduce the quality/resolution of the display, remove almost every feature, and tweak Android Nougat to just be the app drawer and settings menu.

Looking forward to the app load tests then.

lol Exactly ....they have no widgets to worry about running in the background or anything.....Just jump from app to app to app with little to no interface.....
    08-23-2016 11:06 AM
    Ok wow! So the iPhone is faster at doing what??? Oh that's right it can't do much of anything. It's plain Jane and nothing fun about it. There is no customization and it sucks at office it sucks at Pokemon. My oh my my youngest hates his iPhone cuz Pokemon half [removed] works on it. My dad still can't figure out how to get his to stay connected to Wi-Fi without having to factory reset it every few weeks. That's even after they give him a brand new one at the store. Apple is a simple phone for simple people. They don't need to actual do anything productive with it! It just needs to be able to open a billion useless apps faster than any other phone.
    blackeagle7 and msndrstood like this.
    08-23-2016 11:10 AM
    Whatever happened to doing a search prior to posting? How many threads are we going to proliferate of this same set of meaningless test???
    LegalAmerican and Dukins like this.
    08-23-2016 11:13 AM
73 123