how do i get rid of the flipboard briefing notifications?

Turbo Brian

May 21, 2011
Visit site
i have the "briefing" panel turned off in touchwiz and im not using the touchwiz launcher (using google now launcher) and yet i keep getting briefing notifications. so far its been once a day. there is no briefing or flipboard listed in apps or notifications for me to disable. how do i get this to stop notifying me?

MentalBiscuit

Oct 6, 2016
Visit site
i have the "briefing" panel turned off in touchwiz and im not using the touchwiz launcher (using google now launcher) and yet i keep getting briefing notifications. so far its been once a day. there is no briefing or flipboard listed in apps or notifications for me to disable. how do i get this to stop notifying me?
Hi Brian, I was googling exactly this issue when I found your post.

Would you believe it - as I read your post the answer dawned on me, and yes, it works!

Next time you get a Briefing notification, simply long hold on it to bring up it's options and turn that off.

You can thank me by buying a Scotsman a pint next time you meet one ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

Turbo Brian

May 21, 2011
Visit site
I guess I should've followed up on this. So, when you're looking at the applications list, there is an option to show system apps as well. Clicking that, I was able to get briefing disabled. Not 100% sure but I think your way just silences the notifications.

chazglenn3

Trusted Member
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Long press the home screen, swipe to the right to get to the Flipboard screen, turn off switch at top. Easy peasy.

davidlex

Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
Hi Brian, I was googling exactly this issue when I found your post.

Would you believe it - as I read your post the answer dawned on me, and yes, it works!

Next time you get a Briefing notification, simply long hold on it to bring up it's options and turn that off.

You can thank me by buying a Scotsman a pint next time you meet one ;)

Surely I will buy a pint next I can, because you A) Read the post B) posted the solution
Thank you sir!

Others, eh, RTFP. He already had Briefing turned off - as did I - why notifications for a 'disabled' app would still fly, well - sounds like a programming oversight.

Again, thank you MentalBiscuit.

Saba Dev

Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
To disable notification, go into the Briefing app and press settings and then turn off Notifications.

To completely uninstall, Settings -> Application Manager
Click More -> Show System Apps
Scroll down to Briefing and click it, then press Disable

pcgizmo

Apr 7, 2017
Visit site
Long press the home screen, swipe to the right to get to the Flipboard screen, turn off switch at top. Easy peasy.
Not helpful; if you read the OP, the Briefing Panel was already turned off

The correct answer is:

To disable notification, go into the Briefing app and press settings and then turn off Notifications.

Rafael Social User

Apr 11, 2018
Visit site

Fantastic. That's what I was looking for but didn't find. This way, Briefing is not eating resources.

Thank you