i have the "briefing" panel turned off in touchwiz and im not using the touchwiz launcher (using google now launcher) and yet i keep getting briefing notifications. so far its been once a day. there is no briefing or flipboard listed in apps or notifications for me to disable. how do i get this to stop notifying me?
    08-23-2016 11:26 AM
    i have the "briefing" panel turned off in touchwiz and im not using the touchwiz launcher (using google now launcher) and yet i keep getting briefing notifications. so far its been once a day. there is no briefing or flipboard listed in apps or notifications for me to disable. how do i get this to stop notifying me?
    Hi Brian, I was googling exactly this issue when I found your post.

Would you believe it - as I read your post the answer dawned on me, and yes, it works!

Next time you get a Briefing notification, simply long hold on it to bring up it's options and turn that off.

You can thank me by buying a Scotsman a pint next time you meet one
    cathylk621 and AuntieCL like this.
    10-06-2016 02:52 AM
    I guess I should've followed up on this. So, when you're looking at the applications list, there is an option to show system apps as well. Clicking that, I was able to get briefing disabled. Not 100% sure but I think your way just silences the notifications.
    10-06-2016 08:15 AM
    Long press the home screen, swipe to the right to get to the Flipboard screen, turn off switch at top. Easy peasy.
    kevinpleasants likes this.
    10-06-2016 12:20 PM
    Hi Brian, I was googling exactly this issue when I found your post.

Would you believe it - as I read your post the answer dawned on me, and yes, it works!

Next time you get a Briefing notification, simply long hold on it to bring up it's options and turn that off.

You can thank me by buying a Scotsman a pint next time you meet one
    Surely I will buy a pint next I can, because you A) Read the post B) posted the solution
    Thank you sir!

Others, eh, RTFP. He already had Briefing turned off - as did I - why notifications for a 'disabled' app would still fly, well - sounds like a programming oversight.

Again, thank you MentalBiscuit.
    01-14-2017 07:18 PM
    To disable notification, go into the Briefing app and press settings and then turn off Notifications.

To completely uninstall, Settings -> Application Manager
    Click More -> Show System Apps
    Scroll down to Briefing and click it, then press Disable
    Rafael Social User likes this.
    02-05-2017 07:57 PM
    That worked...under advanced options!
    jimd1050 likes this.
    03-04-2017 10:38 PM
    Long press the home screen, swipe to the right to get to the Flipboard screen, turn off switch at top. Easy peasy.
    Not helpful; if you read the OP, the Briefing Panel was already turned off

The correct answer is:

To disable notification, go into the Briefing app and press settings and then turn off Notifications.

04-07-2017 06:40 AM

Fantastic. That's what I was looking for but didn't find. This way, Briefing is not eating resources.

Thank you
    04-11-2018 03:53 AM