09-29-2016 04:37 PM
42 12
tools
    See my revised OP.

The new N7 has no issues, but there are changes.

The battery life is awesome - noticeably better than the already great first N7. I never had any "lag" with my first N7 and that continues with the new N7.
    09-26-2016 06:28 AM
    I do love the phone, the camera and the spen particularly, the screen, the whole gorgeous look of it, the secure folder, the iris scanner, so many cool things. My battery hasn't been great but it seems to be picking up a little on day 5 with the replacement device. But in all fairness, Verizon did indeed screw with the phone, for me majorly in making the samsung cloud inaccessible to push theirs. But there is a work around, and when I opened samsung notes on this phone, the first day, samsung cloud magically coughed all of the ones from the recalled note up, and there they are. I have found the task edge to be quite useful, having originally thought I' d just disable the whole thing. Nothing's perfect, but whatever else is out there--moto force, lg or whatever, doesn't come close to the Note 7.
    09-26-2016 12:16 PM
    I've had nothing but a good experience since giving up my 6 plus. The phone just feels great and has all the features that I need and then some! My only concern going forward will be updates, particularly security related. This has long been thr case with Android devices in general though.
    09-26-2016 12:34 PM
    Samsung and VZW have been OK with security updates - not great, but OK. Never had the slightest security issue though.
    Without a doubt, the N7 is the best phone on the market for many of us.

The replacement N7's have some nice tweaks that the original didn't have.
    Battery life is def better on the new N7, for me.
    09-26-2016 01:42 PM
    The Note 7 is the best phone on the market, if not the best phone in the past 5 years. Find me a phone that has all the intricate tools and capabilities that the Note 7 has, and I'll change my tune...but until then...
    09-26-2016 02:47 PM
    Got my replacement tmobile note 7 about a week ago an its flawless compared to the recalled one. Had major lag got hot charging etc. But this one is cool as a cucumber no lag very happy former fruit phone user.
    shaleem likes this.
    09-26-2016 03:15 PM
    Agree with previous two posts.

The replacement N7 is awesome!
    shaleem likes this.
    09-28-2016 02:34 PM
    Samsung and VZW have been OK with security updates - not great, but OK. Never had the slightest security issue though.
    Without a doubt, the N7 is the best phone on the market for many of us.

The replacement N7's have some nice tweaks that the original didn't have.
    Battery life is def better on the new N7, for me.
    What tweaks? Tweaks that can be played with or just you feel noticeable performance difference?
    09-28-2016 02:51 PM
    In my opinion, no other phone even comes close to the Note 7.
    09-28-2016 03:08 PM
    What tweaks? Tweaks that can be played with or just you feel noticeable performance difference?
    Samsung Galaxy Note 7 software update: More than just a green battery icon | ZDNet
    09-28-2016 03:56 PM
    T mobile only I believe. I'm on VZW
    09-28-2016 04:09 PM
    T mobile only I believe. I'm on VZW
    On VZW too. Our replacement phone came with this update. Hopefully you have a green battery icon on your new VZW n7!
    09-28-2016 04:18 PM
    Yes!! I've had mine for 5 days now... struggled a little bit getting the tempered glass screen protector to work with the Otterbox commuter case... but I got it to work!

I was a little disappointed at first when I realized mine had a very slightly reddish pinkish hue... but actually realized I like that ... and I actually set the blue light filter to about 25% or so and keep it on all the time. Kinda gives the white backgrounds a slight strawberry almond color I really enjoy!

This phone is very cool looking.. and just about as fast as an iPhone... if not just as fast! I'm experiencing ZERO lag and fast fluid Performance!! Plus the screen is pure eye candy.

And, being a Note user since 2013, I use the S-Pen a LOT! Comes in handy for many different things.

I love the coral blue color! Looks very sleek and cool.

I've had every Note since the 2 .. and been extremely happy with ALL of them... and this Note 7 is no exception!!
    Can you post which screen protector and which Otterbox please?
    😊
    09-28-2016 05:20 PM
    Day 2 on my replacement and life is good!!! I've had the 2,4 and now the 7 and have been way happy with all of them.
    09-28-2016 05:37 PM
    On VZW too. Our replacement phone came with this update. Hopefully you have a green battery icon on your new VZW n7!
    Sorry. This isn't the same update. Tmobile received enhanced features outside the battery indicator. Ours was only battery indicator. Period.
    09-28-2016 05:54 PM
    I love my Note 7. I have had Note 2, Note 3, Note edge, Note 5 and now Note 7. I went from the 5 to the iPhone 6S+ because others on my family plan talked me into it. It is a wonderful phone and I really, really hated it! I just love the Note series and never should have even considered leaving. When I got the Note 7 I was so glad to be back and loved the phone so much I didn't want to exchange it in the recall but common sense said i had to. Wow am I glad because this one is even better. The iris scanner works EVERY time. I had decided it was gimmicky on my original Note 7 because it worked sporadically. None of my apps crash on this one which they sometimes did on the original. (Although not enough I thought there was something wrong) Battery life is better. And in the end my original phone started dropping calls or not even getting them. Just going straight to VM. (Then I knew I had a problem but the recall had already started so I knew I was exchanging) Anyway, I'm thrilled to be back to my beautiful, beautiful blue Note 7 and I promise Samsung I will never stray again!
    09-28-2016 07:58 PM
    Spasell: Yup - you're right!

Still, my battery life far exceed what my original N7 had. Happy about that!
    09-29-2016 04:37 PM
42 12