Gotta Say - I Love This Freakin' Thing... Part Deux!

billykac

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
Re: Gotta Say - I Love This Freakin' Thing!

Looking at some of the other posts today I see some realization by others that usage patterns can drive user experience. This is key, IMO, and as stated above, it can explain why so many of us have no issues with the N7.

One usage pattern that I stick to is manually rebuilding the environment on each new phone I that I get. I don't have hundreds of apps, so installing fresh means that I don't inherit configs/settings or any other app-related data from a previous phone. Yeah, it takes a little time, but I personally don't mind. It gives me the chance to re-think the apps that I use, sometimes chucking some or replacing with something better. It also results in having a 100% optimized, stable and fast phone, every time I get a new one. I realize others would not want to spend the time, but hey - this is just one example of usage patterns that drive whether or not people have issues with their phones.

dsignori

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site

I am very happy so far with the Note 7. Nice to see some positive feedback.

SteelGator

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site

Looking at some of the other posts today I see some realization by others that usage patterns can drive user experience. This is key, IMO, and as stated above, it can explain why so many of us have no issues with the N7.

One usage pattern that I stick to is manually rebuilding the environment on each new phone I that I get. I don't have hundreds of apps, so installing fresh means that I don't inherit configs/settings or any other app-related data from a previous phone. Yeah, it takes a little time, but I personally don't mind. It gives me the chance to re-think the apps that I use, sometimes chucking some or replacing with something better. It also results in having a 100% optimized, stable and fast phone, every time I get a new one. I realize others would not want to spend the time, but hey - this is just one example of usage patterns that drive whether or not people have issues with their phones.

I take the same approach. It just makes sense to me.

You also mentioned your BT is working better. So far I have noticed the same. Pairing to my car has been faster and steadier than my Note 4. So far, everything on this phone just works for me. Its been a pleasure.

billykac

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site

I take the same approach. It just makes sense to me.

You also mentioned your BT is working better. So far I have noticed the same. Pairing to my car has been faster and steadier than my Note 4. So far, everything on this phone just works for me. Its been a pleasure.

This is the first phone I've ever owned where the BT pairs with every speaker I own in a matter of seconds. No need to go into BT settings to choose the speaker, which was the drill with the N5, LG G2 and other phones.

billykac

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site

While I am just as frustrated as most of you regarding the handling of this recall, and I've been vocal here about that, I gotta say - the reason I can't wait for the replacement later this week is b/c for me, there's no phone on the market, or planned to be on the market in the near future, that even comes close to the Note 7.

The features, performance and aesthetic design is tops from my perspective.

Maybe with the advent of replacements being delivered this week it's time to turn the corner and to go back to productive (and entertaining!) conversations about this device.

billykac

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
Re: Gotta Say - I Love This Freakin' Thing! Part Deux!

See my revised OP.

The new N7 has no issues, but there are changes.

The battery life is awesome - noticeably better than the already great first N7. I never had any "lag" with my first N7 and that continues with the new N7.

Amele

Dec 4, 2015
Visit site
I do love the phone, the camera and the spen particularly, the screen, the whole gorgeous look of it, the secure folder, the iris scanner, so many cool things. My battery hasn't been great but it seems to be picking up a little on day 5 with the replacement device. But in all fairness, Verizon did indeed screw with the phone, for me majorly in making the samsung cloud inaccessible to push theirs. But there is a work around, and when I opened samsung notes on this phone, the first day, samsung cloud magically coughed all of the ones from the recalled note up, and there they are. I have found the task edge to be quite useful, having originally thought I' d just disable the whole thing. Nothing's perfect, but whatever else is out there--moto force, lg or whatever, doesn't come close to the Note 7.

jsk0703

Sep 17, 2016
Visit site
I've had nothing but a good experience since giving up my 6 plus. The phone just feels great and has all the features that I need and then some! My only concern going forward will be updates, particularly security related. This has long been thr case with Android devices in general though.

billykac

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
Samsung and VZW have been OK with security updates - not great, but OK. Never had the slightest security issue though.
Without a doubt, the N7 is the best phone on the market for many of us.

The replacement N7's have some nice tweaks that the original didn't have.
Battery life is def better on the new N7, for me.

PraetorianGuard14

Sep 18, 2014
Visit site
The Note 7 is the best phone on the market, if not the best phone in the past 5 years. Find me a phone that has all the intricate tools and capabilities that the Note 7 has, and I'll change my tune...but until then...:p

Chuck_loads

Aug 27, 2016
Visit site
Got my replacement tmobile note 7 about a week ago an its flawless compared to the recalled one. Had major lag got hot charging etc. But this one is cool as a cucumber no lag very happy former fruit phone user.

spasell

Aug 6, 2011
Visit site
Samsung and VZW have been OK with security updates - not great, but OK. Never had the slightest security issue though.
Without a doubt, the N7 is the best phone on the market for many of us.

The replacement N7's have some nice tweaks that the original didn't have.
Battery life is def better on the new N7, for me.
What tweaks? Tweaks that can be played with or just you feel noticeable performance difference?

cynth.hgn

Aug 4, 2016
Visit site

Yes!! I've had mine for 5 days now... struggled a little bit getting the tempered glass screen protector to work with the Otterbox commuter case... but I got it to work!

I was a little disappointed at first when I realized mine had a very slightly reddish pinkish hue... but actually realized I like that ... and I actually set the blue light filter to about 25% or so and keep it on all the time. Kinda gives the white backgrounds a slight strawberry almond color I really enjoy!

This phone is very cool looking.. and just about as fast as an iPhone... if not just as fast! I'm experiencing ZERO lag and fast fluid Performance!! Plus the screen is pure eye candy.

And, being a Note user since 2013, I use the S-Pen a LOT! Comes in handy for many different things.

I love the coral blue color! Looks very sleek and cool.

I've had every Note since the 2 .. and been extremely happy with ALL of them... and this Note 7 is no exception!!
Can you post which screen protector and which Otterbox please?
😊

Angmoe

May 9, 2010
Visit site
Day 2 on my replacement and life is good!!! I've had the 2,4 and now the 7 and have been way happy with all of them.

spasell

Aug 6, 2011
Visit site
On VZW too. Our replacement phone came with this update. Hopefully you have a green battery icon on your new VZW n7!
Sorry. This isn't the same update. Tmobile received enhanced features outside the battery indicator. Ours was only battery indicator. Period.