HELP!!! HOw can I close apps that I have opened?

valerielyn197

Apr 18, 2014
Visit site
Hi Everyone,

I got my Note 7 last Friday, August 19th. I'm currently having one small yet annoying issue with it.

The overlapping two square button to the left of the home key is not working in order for me to close apps. When I press it says "No recently used apps" even if I've opened 5 or 6 apps. Does anyone know how to fix this?

Please let me know if you need any other information to further troubleshoot this.

Thank you for your time.

Deputy1

May 14, 2014
Visit site
Try long pressing the home screen, then check under widgets. I found the device maintenance widget. I placed it on my home screen. I press it, and it automatically closes apps running in the background. At least that's what it claims.

Posted via the Android Central App

Gary02468

Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
The recent-apps button shouldn't be failing like that. Does rebooting fix it? Some phones recently had a problem where using the "OK Google" feature caused the recent-apps list to disappear. But I thought that had been fixed in a Google update.

boufa

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
Hi Everyone,

I got my Note 7 last Friday, August 19th. I'm currently having one small yet annoying issue with it.

The overlapping two square button to the left of the home key is not working in order for me to close apps. When I press it says "No recently used apps" even if I've opened 5 or 6 apps. Does anyone know how to fix this?

Please let me know if you need any other information to further troubleshoot this.

Thank you for your time.
HHere is the right answer to your question... DON'T close apps. Yes, I saw that you are having another problem with your recents button, and certainly that is something worth fixing. However when it comes to closing apps, I ask the very important question WHY?

Android is designed to manage its memory. The memory SHOULD BE FULL, it is far more efficient to run with full memory than closing out of apps. This isn't windows XP. Also, apps, even ones that are not running, can be woken up and run in the background. Closing them doesn't stop that, so in general closing an app saves no battery. None, technically it might even cost you a little battery, it takes enegry, and time (both battery draining things) to reload an app from scratch, that Android wanted to keep in the memory.

Now, you can close an app that is misbehaving. But that is a reasonably rare occurrence. LEAVE THE MEMORY FULL, and let the apps stay "open". You will be far better off.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12