So I switched from iPhone 6 s plus before the switch I turned off FaceTime and iMessages also went on Apple web and put my number that I don't have iPhone anymore. It work we comunicate tru text and be live it or not my manger and all other people on the list have iPhones. So I'm at work looking stupid cuz I'm not getting any of group messages. If it's direct to me I will get it but no group. So I have to switch back to iPhone at work but I have to send iPhone back to T-Mobile (I'm on JOD) any ideas???
    08-23-2016 04:01 PM
    Ensure mobile data is on for your Note 7 as MMS messages are used for group text which require data.

You can also ensure you're disabled for iMessage at https://selfsolve.apple.com/deregister-imessage.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    08-23-2016 04:09 PM
    So I switched from iPhone 6 s plus before the switch I turned off FaceTime and iMessages also went on Apple web and put my number that I don't have iPhone anymore. It work we comunicate tru text and be live it or not my manger and all other people on the list have iPhones. So I'm at work looking stupid cuz I'm not getting any of group messages. If it's direct to me I will get it but no group. So I have to switch back to iPhone at work but I have to send iPhone back to T-Mobile (I'm on JOD) any ideas???
    make sure those that are sending you texts have "send as SMS" turned on in their iPhone settings. Settings -> Messages -> Send as SMS

also, if you ever used iMessage on a mac computer or iPad, make sure to turn off iMessage there too.

otherwise, you'll need to have everyone in that group chain delete the group conversation and start a new one...

IMO, this is all such a pain in the rear when going from iOS -> Android. I've gone through these gyrations a lot.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    08-23-2016 04:21 PM
    Yes you'll need to have them start a whole new group thread as with the current one you won't receive any of the messages.
    08-23-2016 04:27 PM
    Better yet.... have everyone on your work team get Slack.

https://slack.com
    08-23-2016 04:50 PM
    I had this issue. Ensure I message and FaceTime are off. Deactivate your number from imesssge. Delete the group text from your Android only. Then start a new thread with one person. And have that person add everyone else. I thought I had to go back to iPhone. Thank God I figured it out
    08-23-2016 05:51 PM
    I had this problem as well. That's one reason I keep my note 7 on my second line and my iPhone is still primary. The problem I was having is that I was receiving messages from some iPhone users but not all. It was frustrating. I removed my number from iMessage & FaceTime. But the more I thought about it I decided to keep my iPhone. iMessage is light years ahead of regular text messaging. Being able to send 5 minute crystal clear videos through iMessage is a great feature. So yeah I'm trading my 6s plus next month to get the 7plus and my Note 7 will be my second device primarily for media consumption.
    co.ag.2005 likes this.
    08-23-2016 07:32 PM
    I have had and still have this problem. I have tried everything suggested and then some, but no resolution. Apple is absolutely no help. We finally just started using FB messenger for my family members who still own Icrap.
    08-24-2016 11:06 AM
    It's a nightmare. I did everything I read about; the only thing that worked was changing my phone number.
    08-24-2016 11:42 AM