The galaxy note7 is my first Android phone I've been a long time Apple user and I needed a change. So far I love the phone but I'm having big time battery isues, over the weekend I didn't think much of it because I was on the phone non stop. But so far this week I've been working and my phone stays in the truck except for at break and lunch where I use it to check email and Twitter so not much but anyways when I get to work in the morning at 7 the phone is already down to 90% and by 4 it's down to about 35 to 40%. I leave it in the center console so it stays cool and I've shut everything I can off without completely crippling the phone. Hopefully you guys have some ideas and if not I may be returning it and try a new one something just doesn't seem right
    Thanks
    John
    08-23-2016 05:19 PM
    That's weird. Do you have good signal where you are? If you see the battery consumption report, is there anything that 'stands out' as a big consumer? I'd suggest to factory-reset your phone, especially since it's fairly new and you probably haven't downloaded a lot of things into it.

Mine was off the charger at 6AM and with med/high use (e-mails, facebook, twitter, instagram, more e-mails, a few videos, web browsing, a slew of more e-mails, a couple pictures taken and e-mailed) I'm still at 65% by 3PM, and I don't disable anything (GPS is active, Bluetooth is always on, WiFi is the only thing turned off at the office).
    08-23-2016 05:49 PM
    The galaxy note7 is my first Android phone I've been a long time Apple user and I needed a change. So far I love the phone but I'm having big time battery isues, over the weekend I didn't think much of it because I was on the phone non stop. But so far this week I've been working and my phone stays in the truck except for at break and lunch where I use it to check email and Twitter so not much but anyways when I get to work in the morning at 7 the phone is already down to 90% and by 4 it's down to about 35 to 40%. I leave it in the center console so it stays cool and I've shut everything I can off without completely crippling the phone. Hopefully you guys have some ideas and if not I may be returning it and try a new one something just doesn't seem right
    Thanks
    John
    Make sure you lye your phone down flat when you leave it in your truck. The doze feature only works if the phone is lying down flat. And like they said a low signal will drain your battery.
    08-23-2016 05:57 PM
    Thanks for the advice so far I just tried a factory reset to see if that helps. After I did this there were a couple games and two other random apps that I've never downloaded on the phone does this mean I have a virus or is it a normal android thing?
    08-23-2016 07:18 PM
    No that's just preloaded bloatware, you can uninstall it.
    08-23-2016 07:22 PM
    What is the easiest way to delete bloatware?
    08-23-2016 07:53 PM
    What is the easiest way to delete bloatware?
    Package disabler pro from the play store.
    08-23-2016 07:55 PM