Cant get Yahoo Mail app notifications to work on Note 7....have tried EVERYTHING...or have I???

Mikeyursomny

Aug 24, 2016
Visit site
So yeah, I cant get the Yahoo email app notifications to push through. Nothing when emails come in, no noise or banner/toolbar notification. I'm receiving my Gmail app notifications fine, as well as every other notification I believe is set up to be working. Anyone else experiencing this? Here's what I've done/made sure of:

Yahoo Mail app settings:

settings--->notifications--->enable notifications---> slider turned ON (vibrate is also turned on and sound is set to default yahoo)

On the device (Note 7) itself:

settings--->notifications--->all apps (slider turned on)---->Yahoo Mail (in the sub list below) individually also ON

advanced notification settings (within "notifications" above)--->Yahoo Mail--->allow notifications slider ON (also preview in pop ups slider ON. I do not have "set as priority" slider set to on, its off, however I DID also try this while on and it didn't work, and I also believe that has nothing to do with the issue as I've never had that on in the past. Gmail is not set to priority on either and is coming through fine)

There are no further notification settings, whether for the app, or the device to adjust. I' tried turning them all off, resetting, then back on, resetting....no help. I've uninstalled the app, reset device, reinstalled the app, rechecked the settings above...no help.

I've had this app for multiple phones, never had any issue and i know my way around it. I'm running 6.0.1, which I was on previously also so nothing new there. Anyone who has any idea would be of great help! Thanks in advance for reading

Matt Botti

Aug 30, 2016
Visit site
Same problem here.. Figure anything out?

Also, hangouts now sucks. Won't send pics. Was perfect on my S5. Google's justification is basically "simplicity". I call bull.. What's more simple about separate apps. I've never had a phone NEED multiple messaging and email apps..

I use gmail or the native all to notify me but then go to the yahoo app to interact..

Pretty lame!

Mikeyursomny

Aug 24, 2016
Visit site
I actually just today got it working, but don't ask me how, which in a way I'm no happier about, if it stops working again. I did uninstall and reinstall again, reset the phone. Now I'm receiving notifications, but again I did that before and it absolutely didn't work. Figured I'd try once more. Not sure why it would of this time. For the time being I'm receiving notifications again, Just got this one, but I'd like to know if me uninstalling and re-installing again was the actual fix. If I find out anything else I'll post

Rmom3

Sep 1, 2016
Visit site
I actually just today got it working, but don't ask me how, which in a way I'm no happier about, if it stops working again. I did uninstall and reinstall again, reset the phone. Now I'm receiving notifications, but again I did that before and it absolutely didn't work. Figured I'd try once more. Not sure why it would of this time. For the time being I'm receiving notifications again, Just got this one, but I'd like to know if me uninstalling and re-installing again was the actual fix. If I find out anything else I'll post

How did you reset your phone to get it to work? I have tried everything!