10-04-2016 10:08 AM
958 ... 1516171819 ...
tools
    Do you think transferring s-notes from my N5 that are backed up on my desktop to my N7 via usb-c could cause problems?
    Do you sync your S-Notes with your Samsung account? I have Notes from my Note 2 and I always sync them with my Samsung account and they are always there.

Notes from your computer like that shouldn't be a problem.
    08-25-2016 10:44 PM
    I'd be suspicious of this claim if it weren't for AC's own review that made specific mention of lag.

I'll bet ten tader tots that the Exynos version is the tits. Hope the rumors turn out to be true that Sammy is moving back to 100% Exynos for the next gen.
    08-25-2016 10:48 PM
    I'd be suspicious of this claim if it weren't for AC's own review that made specific mention of lag.

I'll bet ten tader tots that the Exynos version is the tits. Hope the rumors turn out to be true that Sammy is moving back to 100% Exynos for the next gen.
    And XDA claim
    08-25-2016 10:58 PM
    Do you think transferring s-notes from my N5 that are backed up on my desktop to my N7 via usb-c could cause problems?
    No.... I've done it. You may get doubles... delete incorrect & not updated doubles keep the rest. Turn off syncing Snote with Samsung first, copy, then sync. If u starting already clear Smote out then....
    08-25-2016 10:59 PM
    I don't get the assertion that Note 7 Touchwiz is badly written when there is no other Android skin, UI that are even remotely close in features, functionalities (S pen, multi-window, edge screen, samsung pay, etc) and perform better like stock android. Can anyone name single phone like that?
    08-25-2016 11:18 PM
    Mine doesn't lag unless I'm on this forum.
    08-25-2016 11:21 PM
    The only lag I experience is in the gallery.
    08-25-2016 11:27 PM
    I'm convinced there's people who log onto these forums every year for the Galaxy launches and claim this. Wouldn't be a launch without it. I must be the luckiest guy in the world because after the following: S3, Note, S4, Note 2, S5, Note 3, S6 Edge, Note 4, S7/S7 Edge, and now Note 7, I haven't come close to experiencing these "unfreakingbelieveable" lag fests.

Posted via the Android Central App
    Actually Samsung and your carrier are the luckiest ones since you appear to be constantly upgrading. Probably don't give your phone enough time to become laggy lol
    Highrisedrifter likes this.
    08-26-2016 01:48 AM
    I don't understand that way of thinking. If Samsung provides a product that millions of people want, both sides are winning
    08-26-2016 02:03 AM
    I think what we're denying is that we have seen a serious enough issue that it bothers us.
    I think you're right.

This thread is frustrated to read at times. I've posted on this forum for years, and Adranalyne is correct in that every year people complain about lag during a launch, but from what I've seen there are an equal, or more amount of people, who claim their phones run like butter, and have no issues.

I think the stutter/lag just doesn't bother some people like it does others. It's honestly not bad enough for me to turn my phone in, or contact Samsung plus, and allow them to remote into my personal phone. It wouldn't bother me as much, if my three other older phone did this, one of which is a Samsung GS7E.

I will just try to enjoy the phone and await an update hopefully from Samsung, while also awaiting the Next Nexus phones.
    08-26-2016 04:20 AM
    Hi what launcher do you use? Im using the go launcher it keeps on lagging ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚
    08-26-2016 04:32 AM
    All samsung phone lags horribly, u might be used to it, but yesterday i used Note 3 from Xiamoi and that thing FLIES over everything, it has zero lag even when opening lot of apps, but the offset that it does not have the features of GS7 or N7 let alone screen and camera quality, though battery is better than both.

The lag is bad compared to phones like Note 3, but its not THAT bad that u need to return the device, unless you OCD kicks in high
    08-26-2016 06:51 AM
    I think you're right.

This thread is frustrated to read at times. I've posted on this forum for years, and Adranalyne is correct in that every year people complain about lag during a launch, but from what I've seen there are an equal, or more amount of people, who claim their phones run like butter, and have no issues.

I think the stutter/lag just doesn't bother some people like it does others. It's honestly not bad enough for me to turn my phone in, or contact Samsung plus, and allow them to remote into my personal phone. It wouldn't bother me as much, if my three other older phone did this, one of which is a Samsung GS7E.

I will just try to enjoy the phone and await an update hopefully from Samsung, while also awaiting the Next Nexus phones.
    What is wrong with allowing them to remote into your phone? They don't go read your email or anything.
    08-26-2016 07:14 AM
    Also the benchmarks.. Don't out a lot of faith in those. So many things can affect phone performance.

Judge by what you see when using the phone. If it is working for you and your needs, don't worry about numbers from an app.
    I waited a few hours after the reset, and reran the benchmarks. All of them were noe far better, and on-par with or better than my S7 Edge.

So I installed all of my apps (again not from a backup, from scratch). This morning I just reran the benchmarks, and the numbers are still excellent. It feels like my S7 Edge lag wise so far. In other words, nothing noticeable. So I'm cautiously optimistic. Thank you for the suggestion.
    Kelly Kearns and SteelGator like this.
    08-26-2016 07:25 AM
    The only lag I am seeing after almost a week is when I unplug my phone from my car and was running Android Auto. It can take a few seconds for the phone to back out of Android Auto. And sometimes I will have a brief (like say the word "one") pause before an app shuts down or switching between apps. OTOH, I even had occasional stutters with my 6p, and the Android Auto thing is only 1-2 seconds longer than on my 6p. If this is as bad as it gets, I can live with it.
    08-26-2016 07:29 AM
    I waited a few hours after the reset, and reran the benchmarks. All of them were noe far better, and on-par with or better than my S7 Edge.

So I installed all of my apps (again not from a backup, from scratch). This morning I just reran the benchmarks, and the numbers are still excellent. It feels like my S7 Edge lag wise so far. In other words, nothing noticeable. So I'm cautiously optimistic. Thank you for the suggestion.
    Good! If you start experiencing lag again, thr first thing you need to check is running the phone on safe mode. If it is happening there you can look to it being a phone issue. If it doesn't happen there, then you can look to it being a third party app issue.
    08-26-2016 07:34 AM

I feel like a lot of the lag people are seeing is because they restored from a backup from a previous phone. I can't be certain of that, but I'd imagine a fresh install probably works wonders. Glad it's performing better for you now.
    1812dave likes this.
    08-26-2016 08:00 AM
    Over the last week I've had performance issues with the N7. Slow at times, apps crashing, jittery choppy scrolling, poor battery life. This morning I tried to take a screen shot and the phone would not let me do it because it said not enough memory! I was certain that I had over 40GB free, but when I looked up in the storage under settings it said I had 12mb free! I rebooted the phone and rechecked storage and then it said I had 40GB free again and then I could take a screen shot. Idk what is going on with this phone.
    08-26-2016 08:54 AM
    Over the last week I've had performance issues with the N7. Slow at times, apps crashing, jittery choppy scrolling, poor battery life. This morning I tried to take a screen shot and the phone would not let me do it because it said not enough memory! I was certain that I had over 40GB free, but when I looked up in the storage under settings it said I had 12mb free! I rebooted the phone and rechecked storage and then it said I had 40GB free again and then I could take a screen shot. Idk what is going on with this phone.
    Never heard of that before. Based on your first post thread, you obviously have issues not normal for the Note 7 and should either hard reset, or return it. Seriously.

It obviously is not going to get better unless one of those things (at least) is done.
    08-26-2016 08:58 AM
    I was waiting for Ron to post his review because he's not the biggest Samsung fan. There's no question if there was any lag on that phone he would have blasted it, but it looks like even he had no issues.
    Attached Thumbnails Note 7 - This lag is unfreakingbelievable-211.jpg ย 
    08-26-2016 09:10 AM
    I feel like a lot of the lag people are seeing is because they restored from a backup from a previous phone. I can't be certain of that, but I'd imagine a fresh install probably works wonders. Glad it's performing better for you now.
    I think restoring from a backup could certainly be one of the issues. This is an issue on iOS as well. When someone is having issues you will see the people over on the iMore forums recommend a clean install and set up just like on the Android forums. So this is not specific to the Note 7 or even Android.
    08-26-2016 09:11 AM
    It's cute all the people popping up "I don't have lag". However it's not necessarily helpful to the thousands that are having the issue
    Thousands? How did we arrive at this figure? lol
    08-26-2016 09:12 AM
    I think restoring from a backup could certainly be one of the issues. This is an issue on iOS as well. When someone is having issues you will see the people over on the iMore forums recommend a clean install and set up just like on the Android forums. So this is not specific to the Note 7 or even Android.
    Or specific to just phones..
    cwbcpa likes this.
    08-26-2016 09:12 AM
    Yeah I use upgrading phone as a chance to get rid of junk so don't usually restore back ups, and even older Samsung's like the s5 had been quite smooth for me.
    08-26-2016 09:14 AM
    Factory reset (NOT reboot!) and if that doesn't help get it replaced.
    08-26-2016 09:15 AM
958 ... 1516171819 ...