10-04-2016 10:08 AM
958 ... 1617181920 ...
tools
    Yeah I use upgrading phone as a chance to get rid of junk so don't usually restore back ups, and even older Samsung's like the s5 had been quite smooth for me.
    Well I think it might be telling the only time I have used Smart Switch, I've ended up with the media drain and it on a phone with no SD card and the only media was less than 10 ring tones.
    08-26-2016 09:17 AM
    I think restoring from a backup could certainly be one of the issues. This is an issue on iOS as well. When someone is having issues you will see the people over on the iMore forums recommend a clean install and set up just like on the Android forums. So this is not specific to the Note 7 or even Android.
    Explains the disparity in claims. All things working correctly, this phone doesn't have performance issues/doesn't lag. If it did, it wouldn't be in my pocket right now. Like Ron from Ars Technica stated, there's people throwing shade at this device like they've done to every other Galaxy in recent memory. I'm not saying there's people who aren't having legitimate issues for the reasons we've highlighted, but there's also a large portion who aren't fans of Samsung and want to push their agenda. There's also people who don't even own the device going in on it. That makes it difficult to assist people that actually have issues.
    cwbcpa likes this.
    08-26-2016 09:18 AM
    Don't know what you guys been doing, but my phone still running smooth and fluid. I'm on AT&T. I have a lot of games and apps installed.

Posted via the Android Central App
    Same here
    I have experienced some lag when installing a bunch of apps though, but it usually goes away...nothing major
    08-26-2016 09:27 AM
    Experienced extreme lag while trying to use Google maps for navigation this morning. I wonder if google maps has bugs in it?
    08-26-2016 09:40 AM
    For those getting the lag, did you restore from a Google backup or use Smart Switch? Those that aren't getting the lag, did you set up as a new device?
    Set up as new, no noticeable lagging.
    Kelly Kearns and Adranalyne like this.
    08-26-2016 09:42 AM
    Oh let me add.. I always use the Nova back up, but that is just Nova settings. That has never been an issue for me.

Also when I get a new Samsung phone, I never set it up using any backup, always do it as a new phone.
    I agree with this. My pics/video are all on Google Photos, and all work type files on my phone are backed up some place else. I don't even let Google Play download all my apps. A solid purge every now and again is a good thing. So many apps just fade into not being used, then they never get deleted. I went down the list of my apps in Google Play and installed those that I know I need. Others I will get as I need them.
    08-26-2016 09:45 AM
    Experienced extreme lag while trying to use Google maps for navigation this morning. I wonder if google maps has bugs in it?
    Again.. Have you contacted Samsung Plus?
    08-26-2016 09:45 AM
    Again.. Have you contacted Samsung Plus?
    Did you ever get yours Kelly? If you did, did Samsung send you your preferred Blue Coral?
    08-26-2016 09:48 AM
    Explains the disparity in claims. All things working correctly, this phone doesn't have performance issues/doesn't lag. If it did, it wouldn't be in my pocket right now. Like Ron from Ars Technica stated, there's people throwing shade at this device like they've done to every other Galaxy in recent memory. I'm not saying there's people who aren't having legitimate issues for the reasons we've highlighted, but there's also a large portion who aren't fans of Samsung and want to push their agenda. There's also people who don't even own the device going in on it. That makes it difficult to assist people that actually have issues.
    You've been saying this from the beginning, and it looks like we're the only two who can see it. Oh well
    08-26-2016 09:48 AM
    Oh it's laggy for sure. Gives me pause. My 6P ran CIRCLES around this Note 7 in smoothness. Damnit.
    What apps are yall running, i have not had any lags. I don't use touchwiz launcher, i prefer nova been using it for 3 years. I have more than 150 apps installed. I use greenify for most apps that i don't use. Where does it lag? Transitions, animations?
    08-26-2016 09:51 AM
    You've been saying this from the beginning, and it looks like we're the only two who can see it. Oh well
    I'm just glad we've been able to help some of the people who are legitimately having issues. I can only imagine how much it would suck to get this phone and have that kind of experience. I'm more impressed with this phone than I've ever been of another Samsung device. It's just that good.
    08-26-2016 09:55 AM
    Did you ever get yours Kelly? If you did, did Samsung send you your preferred Blue Coral?
    Haven't gotten it yet. I got an email the other day and they have placed an order for mine and other ones they get from TMO and haven't received the order yet. They said I'm first on the list so hopefully that means I get the blue one 😊
    msm0511 likes this.
    08-26-2016 09:56 AM
    I'm just glad we've been able to help some of the people who are legitimately having issues. I can only imagine how much it would suck to get this phone and have that kind of experience. I'm more impressed with this phone than I've ever been of another Samsung device. It's just that good.
    Yeah it happens every Sammy release. The good news is eventually they get bored and move on, Samsung releases and update to fix most issues, and then it will calm down around here like the S7 Edge forum did. And I still suspect the Note 7 will get phone of the years honors most places, despite an almost organized campaign to keep it from happening.
    08-26-2016 10:01 AM
    It's cute all the people popping up "I don't have lag". However it's not necessarily helpful to the thousands that are having the issue
    Perhaps because most folks here understand that Android itself is a systemic issue and then certain apps (ones that do not follow Android framework guidelines) can exacerbate the issues. Android uses a code translation layer, plus has more challenged cache and ram management. There is a main reason why Apple gets away with half the ram on average and that is due to the power of designing for one progressing platform of hardware. That and having only FHD on their phones are huge performance advantages.

Most appear to not be having issues being articulated and attribute any random lag to what they appear to already know. The answers though to mitigate:

1. Did the issues start with a recent app install?
    2. Turn animations off in dev settings if using Wiz, Wiz already does it's own. Adds lag if on.
    3. Boot into set-up and clean the cache- then reboot. Sometimes installing in a big batch of apps on a new device can cause issues.
    4. Return the device

Whatever the case, complaining about it with no apparent effort to fix/understand it does not come across well in forums like this.
    08-26-2016 10:15 AM
    Maybe because most people don't have severe lag?
    And so then they are posting because? Gloating? Board? Fanatics? Bored?
    08-26-2016 10:19 AM
    They are posting because when people have an issue they want to know of others are having the same issue or not.
    shadoweave likes this.
    08-26-2016 10:21 AM
    Perhaps because most folks here understand that Android itself is a systemic issue and then certain apps (ones that do not follow Android framework guidelines) can exacerbate the issues. Android uses a code translation layer, plus has more challenged cache and ram management. There is a main reason why Apple gets away with half the ram on average and that is due to the power of designing for one progressing platform of hardware. That and having only FHD on their phones are huge performance advantages.

Most appear to not be having issues being articulated and attribute any random lag to what they appear to already know. The answers though to mitigate:

1. Did the issues start with a recent app install?
    2. Turn animations off in dev settings if using Wiz, Wiz already does it's own. Adds lag if on.
    3. Boot into set-up and clean the cache- then reboot. Sometimes installing in a big batch of apps on a new device can cause issues.
    4. Return the device

Whatever the case, complaining about it with no apparent effort to fix/understand it does not come across well in forums like this.
    I just switched off touch wiz. I did the boot/wipe cache. I done have many apps installed and disables all the carrier and Sammy bloat I could. I lowered animations to .5

I'm now watching battery and wifi use. Killing off notifications that I don't need etc
    08-26-2016 10:22 AM
    I just switched off touch wiz. I did the boot/wipe cache. I done have many apps installed and disables all the carrier and Sammy bloat I could. I lowered animations to .5

I'm now watching battery and wifi use. Killing off notifications that I don't need etc
    You "switched off TouchWiz"? How?
    08-26-2016 10:23 AM
    There's already been a few people who've openly admitted to not having the device who've pushed the "Note 7 Lags" agenda. If you've ever been a part of a Galaxy launch before, there's always going to be people who want to push the lag narrative regardless of whether they have the device, it actually lags, etc. Samsung is just one of those companies along with Apple that gets some people upset.
    Kelly Kearns likes this.
    08-26-2016 10:23 AM
    You "switched off TouchWiz"? How?
    Selected nova pro as the launcher
    08-26-2016 10:24 AM
    Selected nova pro as the launcher
    Oh.. Well TouchWiz is still there, you just made Nova your launcher. TouchWiz is more than just a launcher.
    SteelGator likes this.
    08-26-2016 10:26 AM
    is there a full list of system apps to uninstall?

i may have found my battery problem. when i disabled bunch of apps, i didn't change it to system apps option since default option was ALL. I just chose system apps option and there is literally 100 more apps than it is listed under default option of ALL. can someone confirm that i was doing it wrong?
    08-26-2016 10:29 AM
    Oh.. Well TouchWiz is still there, you just made Nova your launcher. TouchWiz is more than just a launcher.
    Oh. Crud
    08-26-2016 10:31 AM
    is there a full list of system apps to uninstall?

i may have found my battery problem. when i disabled bunch of apps, i didn't change it to system apps option since default option was ALL. I just chose system apps option and there is literally 100 more apps than it is listed under default option of ALL. can someone confirm that i was doing it wrong?
    You don't want to disable system apps. You need to choose apps and choose carefully.
    08-26-2016 10:31 AM
    Mine had pretty bad lag/juttering or frame dropping. Sometimes it was very smooth and performed great and other times it really struggled. This is a similar experience I had on the S935U. For me the 935U was more choppy than the tmobile version of the S7E I had previously so I think some of the variability in experience could be carrier related. On the note 7, I disabled bloatware and, used nova and tried a hard reset and the lag would always come back. I've returned my verizon model and will try a tmobile one as I'm probably switching back to them anyways.
    08-26-2016 10:32 AM
958 ... 1617181920 ...