10-04-2016 10:08 AM
958 ... 1718192021 ...
tools
    Oh. Crud
    You can't get rid of TouchWiz and honestly TouchWiz is not something forged in the pits of hell.
    08-26-2016 10:33 AM
    I have about 200 apps. But my MXPE runs smoother than this. Screw TouchWiz
    The 200 apps are probably your issue in my opinion.
    recDNA likes this.
    08-26-2016 10:36 AM
    Maybe that's it new user no back-up fresh install no lag
    08-26-2016 10:49 AM
    I'm curious why there are no Youtube videos posted showing the Note7 lag? I don't doubt that there are those with irritating lag. But I have yet to see a video that shows it. I've seen reviewers mention lag (including Flossy), but have yet to observe it in the review video.

I am shopping for a new phone and am willing to take my time to become educated before I plunk down the cash.

The thing that most concerns me about the Note7 has nothing to do with lag and everything to do with the edge display. I want to use a screen protector (it doesn't have to be glass) and a case like the Spigen or Speck. I don't want a screen protector that rolls up on the edges. I haven't seen much success in that area yet.

Also, since Nougat has been released, I wonder how long it will be before the N7 comes with Android 7 pre-installed? But I digress from the subject of lag.
    08-26-2016 10:53 AM
    I'm curious why there are no Youtube videos posted showing the Note7 lag? I don't doubt that there are those with irritating lag. But I have yet to see a video that shows it. I've seen reviewers mention lag (including Flossy), but have yet to observe it in the review video.

I am shopping for a new phone and am willing to take my time to become educated before I plunk down the cash.

The thing that most concerns me about the Note7 has nothing to do with lag and everything to do with the edge display. I want to use a screen protector (it doesn't have to be glass) and a case like the Spigen or Speck. I don't want a screen protector that rolls up on the edges. I haven't seen much success in that area yet.

Also, since Nougat has been released, I wonder how long it will be before the N7 comes with Android 7 pre-installed? But I digress from the subject of lag.
    The thing is there should be no comprises for a phone so expensive.
    08-26-2016 11:04 AM
    What are the compromises on the Note 7?
    08-26-2016 11:06 AM
    People with real issues are remarkably detailed and specific. The ones with an agenda make dramatic, sweeping generalizations about Samsung and their users.

Very easy to spot the difference
    Kelly Kearns and SteelGator like this.
    08-26-2016 11:31 AM
    It comes with 64GB internal storage and a 256GB SD card (if you so choose). It's IP68 water/dust resistant. It's a 5.7 inch display in a much smaller form factor. It can fast wirelessly charge or wirelessly charge just about anywhere. It comes with the best stylus/pen experience you can get. It has the best display/camera in any smartphone. Due to Samsung's success, accessories are abundant for this device. It has a 3500 mah battery. It has USB Type C. It has 2 forms of security with the fingerprint/iris scanners.

It's that expensive because it basically has no compromises.
    08-26-2016 11:32 AM
    The overall performance is a slight compromise in my opinion. My experience hasn't been horrible, and I'm not unhappy with my Note 7, but I have a 300 dollar midrange Android phone that has better performance. I get that there are trade offs for all the features. Weird little things like loading times when loading the applications in settings and having to wait a few seconds before scrolling is smooth is definitely a compromise. Not make or break, but a little disappointing.

Also for some reason watching videos in Samsung Internet always have captions that I have to turn off manually. I've checked every setting I can think of. There's nothing checked that would make that happen that I can find. Just a strange occurrence I find slightly annoying. I can just click the CC icon and they turn off.
    Highrisedrifter likes this.
    08-26-2016 11:57 AM
    Oh. Crud
    Not crud. It's a good thing.

Many folks believe the myth that if you use Nova, you are not using TW.

Not only is TW is the launcher, TW is also all the options in settings, TW is your notification shade and everything you can to with it, TW is your S-pen and Notes, TW is the edge panel, TW is AOD.

I am sure there is more, but those are the TW features that jump to mind.
    Kelly Kearns likes this.
    08-26-2016 12:08 PM
    You can't get rid of TouchWiz and honestly TouchWiz is not something forged in the pits of hell.
    Right, everybody knows it was forged in The Pits of Hathsin.
    Kelly Kearns likes this.
    08-26-2016 12:11 PM
    Durability is a big one.
    Highrisedrifter likes this.
    08-26-2016 12:14 PM
    Thanks everyone for your help - phone is running much better now.
    sydneycooper1979 likes this.
    08-26-2016 12:17 PM
    Durability is a big one.
    You can thank everyone for the "we hate plastic" cries. That got us glass.
    speedlever, jdfry15 and pcsperson like this.
    08-26-2016 12:20 PM
    Good deal! Another member that posted on this thread and did everything started a thread and is having the same experience.

I think there is a chance Smart Switch is the culprit.
    sydneycooper1979 likes this.
    Mine had pretty bad lag/juttering or frame dropping. Sometimes it was very smooth and performed great and other times it really struggled. This is a similar experience I had on the S935U. For me the 935U was more choppy than the tmobile version of the S7E I had previously so I think some of the variability in experience could be carrier related. On the note 7, I disabled bloatware and, used nova and tried a hard reset and the lag would always come back. I've returned my verizon model and will try a tmobile one as I'm probably switching back to them anyways.
    I reset my phone a 2nd time and left the bloatware on. I disabled what I could via app manager, but didn't use EZ disabler pro to do anything drastic this time around. Counter intuitive, but things are running much better.

Oh, and you should definitely switch to t-mobile - jump on demand is amazing. Price of phones becomes irrelevant.
    The overall performance is a slight compromise in my opinion. My experience hasn't been horrible, and I'm not unhappy with my Note 7, but I have a 300 dollar midrange Android phone that has better performance. I get that there are trade offs for all the features. Weird little things like loading times when loading the applications in settings and having to wait a few seconds before scrolling is smooth is definitely a compromise. Not make or break, but a little disappointing.

Also for some reason watching videos in Samsung Internet always have captions that I have to turn off manually. I've checked every setting I can think of. There's nothing checked that would make that happen that I can find. Just a strange occurrence I find slightly annoying. I can just click the CC icon and they turn off.
    You came from am iPhone, right?
    08-26-2016 12:22 PM
    You came from am iPhone, right?
    I traded in my 6s Plus for the Note, yes. But I'd been using my Nextbit Robin as my DD for a while. My iPhone turned into a beta testing device.

I'm okay with the performance difference for the most part. The Samsung Internet caption problem I'm more annoyed with tbh.
    08-26-2016 12:26 PM
    I traded in my 6s Plus for the Note, yes. But I'd been using my Nextbit Robin as my DD for a while. My iPhone turned into a beta testing device.

I'm okay with the performance difference for the most part. The Samsung Internet caption problem I'm more annoyed with tbh.
    Sometimes iPhone users will notice a difference in speed in some actions. On another thread I mentioned that each has a compromise. iPhone doesn't have as much running in the background and things like widget don't work the same. The Note has many more features.

Also, did you set yours up as a new device or use Smart Switch?
    08-26-2016 12:33 PM
    Glad it worked!

For those having problems, usually recommend to do a factory data reset and don't install any apps to see if you still have the same problem,before coming to conclusions.

The issue could be with smart switch data transfer or perhaps with some third party app.
    08-26-2016 12:35 PM
    Sometimes iPhone users will notice a difference in speed in some actions. On another thread I mentioned that each has a compromise. iPhone doesn't have as much running in the background and things like widget don't work the same. The Note has many more features.

Also, did you set yours up as a new device or use Smart Switch?
    New device. I always set all mine up as new. Again it's not enough to make me unhappy. Overall I'm happy with it. Just some niggles here and there. I'm comparing the speed differences to my Robin more so than my iPhone.

Any suggestions on the closed captioning on by default in the Samsung browser? I made a thread for it, but not getting anyone corroborating what I'm seeing.
    08-26-2016 12:38 PM
    New device. I always set all mine up as new. Again it's not enough to make me unhappy. Overall I'm happy with it. Just some niggles here and there. I'm comparing the speed differences to my Robin more so than my iPhone.

Any suggestions on the closed captioning on by default in the Samsung browser? I made a thread for it, but not getting anyone corroborating what I'm seeing.
    I don't know anything about that. I never use the stock browser though, I always use Chrome. Right now I'm limited since my Note 7 isn't here yet. I can't even do testing and replicate the issue.

Let me ask some team members that has the Note 7 if they have any ideas. I'll find your thread and link them.
    msm0511 likes this.
    08-26-2016 12:44 PM
    I don't know anything about that. I never use the stock browser though, I always use Chrome. Right now I'm limited since my Note 7 isn't here yet. I can't even do testing and replicate the issue.

Let me ask some team members that has the Note 7 if they have any ideas. I'll find your thread and link them.
    Thank you! I like the stock browser better than Chrome honestly. The design is better, it's faster, and smoother overall.
    08-26-2016 12:50 PM
    What is wrong with allowing them to remote into your phone? They don't go read your email or anything.
    I'm not sure they would notice or find anything. I also don't totally trust the process. This is coming from my former experience as a computer Tech. For example, I would never let the geeksqaud touch my computer. You just don't know who you're going to get.
    08-26-2016 12:51 PM
    I'm not sure they would notice or find anything. I also don't totally trust the process. This is coming from my former experience as a computer Tech. For example, I would never let the geeksqaud touch my computer. You just don't know who you're going to get.
    Well this is Samsung and you can take control of your phone.

They don't care about your personal stuff.
    08-26-2016 01:03 PM
958 ... 1718192021 ...