Note 7 - This lag is unfreakingbelievable

Status
Not open for further replies.

eyecon82

May 26, 2010
Visit site
Wtf Samsung. It was nice for the first few days but now the lag is unbelievable.

Once again, great hardware. Crappy software. Even typing this message was a PITA

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Re: This lag is unfreakingbelievable

Take (or send) it back. Have you done a factory reset? What apps have you installed?

anon(67796)

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site

Have you guys had an update yet? Trying to see if some of the lag has to do with the carriers. AT&T had an update out the box which supposedly fixed stability issues.

DamianP

Jul 11, 2013
Visit site

I had the same issue. I'm on ATT. Had the phone for 2 days and lag became BAD. I had the same apps as I have on an OP3, Nexus 6P which had no issues with. Waze was unusable due to the lag.
I did a FDR last night and it seems to be better now, but its still janky overall compared to the OP3 or Nexus 6P that I still have.
I have all the ATT bloatware disabled BTW. Overall, the user experience is not that great for a premium device...it might be going back.

bobxxz

Mar 2, 2014
Visit site

Don't know what you guys been doing, but my phone still running smooth and fluid. I'm on AT&T. I have a lot of games and apps installed.

Posted via the Android Central App

Adranalyne

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site

I'm convinced there's people who log onto these forums every year for the Galaxy launches and claim this. Wouldn't be a launch without it. I must be the luckiest guy in the world because after the following: S3, Note, S4, Note 2, S5, Note 3, S6 Edge, Note 4, S7/S7 Edge, and now Note 7, I haven't come close to experiencing these "unfreakingbelieveable" lag fests.

DamianP

Jul 11, 2013
Visit site

believe me I am not happy about it, I go through a lot of phones. If you used my phone for 5 minutes you would feel differently. This was the first phone I had to FDR in a long time to fix an issue. I will say its better after the FDR, I will make a final decision in a few days. BTW, my work S7 does not have the same level of lag, same apps. OP3 is smooth and no lag with same apps.(except of course the Samsung apps)
My guess its an app or apps having an issue with this build of touchwiz.

I'm convinced there's people who log onto these forums every year for the Galaxy launches and claim this. Wouldn't be a launch without it. I must be the luckiest guy in the world because after the following: S3, Note, S4, Note 2, S5, Note 3, S6 Edge, Note 4, S7/S7 Edge, and now Note 7, I haven't come close to experiencing these "unfreakingbelieveable" lag fests.

ab304945

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site

I have had mine since Friday. Still runs just as fast as the day I got it. No lag at all.

On Sprint.

mindflux

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site

I'm on sprint and i do lag sometimes. What's even more frustrating is when I'm playing a song thru bt and i get a text or even on the phone the music becomes choppy.

RichBrown68

Banned
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site

Exactly. Somehow my last three phones have been Samsung with no lag issues at all.

--RICH

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site

Wtf Samsung. It was nice for the first few days but now the lag is unbelievable.

Once again, great hardware. Crappy software. Even typing this message was a PITA
If you are having really bad lag then I would check for any misbehaving apps. I had laggy devices before caused by some app misbehaving.

And don't rely on battery stats which can be inaccurate. You can try to uninstall some apps to see if it goes away. If you can't figure it out try to do a factory data reset and don't install any apps to see if you still have the same problem.

Also check the battery and cpu Temps. The phone will throttle to avoid overheat.

billykac

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site

^^This^^
Smooth as silk here. Fast as all get out as well. Couldn't be happier!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
popipro