10-04-2016 10:08 AM
958 ... 2122232425 ...
tools
    AT&T here, no smartswitch, i get the lag, sometimes. Extremely annoying.

AT&T has done 1 update.
    08-29-2016 08:41 AM
    I'm new to Android phones (long time Apple guy). My new Galaxy Note 7s is just 2 days out. With an Apple phone, if I had a problem, I would take it to an Apple store and they would either fix it or replace it. So, if I have a problem with my new phone, do I head for the ATT store where I bought it??
    This is my number one thing that I miss. I like knowing that I can walk into an Apple store and resolve an issue right there. I have only had to use it a few times but it was nice to know that I have that option. The carriers in general have terrible customer service in that regard. It's just the way it is. I don't see it getting any better.
    08-29-2016 08:52 AM
    Surprised this thread is still going. Reset and set up as a new phone and it should work just fine. If it isn't, you either got a lemon and should exchange it or you're embellishing the problems and not helping anyone at all.
    slackerjack and msndrstood like this.
    08-29-2016 09:02 AM
    I'm on sprint and i do lag sometimes. What's even more frustrating is when I'm playing a song thru bt and i get a text or even on the phone the music becomes choppy.

Posted via the Android Central App
    Same... My bt gets choppy
    08-29-2016 09:13 AM
    I've been an android fan for a long time. Had every single note. This phone is lagging. It has to be an app, I would like to troubleshoot with someone.. My animations are off, but I'm using TouchWiz. I'm going to set up nova and see what happens.
    08-29-2016 09:16 AM
    I found that after I disabled briefing (in system apps within application settings), using the native Samsung browser, it improved the performance dramatically. Phone is running very smooth. I used device maintenance as well but not routinely (in settings). I'm not sure which of these things helped the performance or if all three of them did but phone is running buttery smooth. Hope this helps!
    ihbsbA likes this.
    08-29-2016 09:52 AM
    This is exactly my sentiment. My note 5 was way smoother than this note 7. I can compare them side by side side i have the note 5 to my wife to replace her note 4. The note 5 barely ever hitched when scrolling or moving from app to app the note 7 does almost every time. I'm not happy about it.
    I had to factory reset my phone twice and the second time i didn't install any apps at the initial setup or import any of my previous settings. Phone is working much better now.
    08-29-2016 11:29 AM
    I don't know if it's related, but I see choppiness in some gaming apps that used to work great on my Note 5, to the point where the games can become unplayable. I can literally run these two phones side by side and Note 5 is so much smoother. I did try factory reset, disabling some bloatware (Briefing, T-Mobile and Samsung apps), but nothing seems to be helping. Very infrequently, the games will work as they should, nice and smooth, but most of the time it's rather bad...
    08-29-2016 01:30 PM
    I don't know if it's related, but I see choppiness in some gaming apps that used to work great on my Note 5, to the point where the games can become unplayable. I can literally run these two phones side by side and Note 5 is so much smoother. I did try factory reset, disabling some bloatware (Briefing, T-Mobile and Samsung apps), but nothing seems to be helping. Very infrequently, the games will work as they should, nice and smooth, but most of the time it's rather bad...
    I hear ya. There was something just off. Once I received a phone call and the N7 was ringing, but there was no way to answer the phone because the screen stayed completely black! Finally after about 5 rings the screen flickered on, but it was too late. It's like it took several seconds for the phone to catch up to tell it to turn on the screen. Weird.
    08-29-2016 02:09 PM
    I found that after I disabled briefing (in system apps within application settings), using the native Samsung browser, it improved the performance dramatically. Phone is running very smooth. I used device maintenance as well but not routinely (in settings). I'm not sure which of these things helped the performance or if all three of them did but phone is running buttery smooth. Hope this helps!
    Wait, where? Tell me this process please....
    08-29-2016 02:20 PM
    Honestly dude, I think you need to get your money back. It seems like every single problem that has been listed on the internet that some person is having with this phone, you're having it too. Any phone that is that defective, I would not keep and I would get my money back.
    I just shipped the the phone back this morning and it was within the 14 days so I will get full refund. I included a note in the package listing the issues that I had with the phone so hopefully they will investigate that particular phone. I just didn't want that same phone to be sent to someone else as a warranty replacement in case it was a defective device. At times though it was a great and fast phone, but after a while it reverted back.
    08-29-2016 02:48 PM
    Wait, where? Tell me this process please....
    Settings>Applications>Overflow Menu>Show system apps>Click on Briefing>Clear data>Disable
    Inevitable Flux and ihbsbA like this.
    08-29-2016 03:32 PM
    Yeah. That's the best way to do it.
    08-29-2016 06:45 PM
    Man please
    I went to Applications
    Looked for Overflow menu. Couldn't find
    Looked for briefing, only one I found was in Flip board

So I couldn't do it on my Note 7
    08-29-2016 07:01 PM
    Man please
    I went to Applications

If you are on Verizon then you need to go settings - applications - application manager - overflow menu - show system apps
    08-29-2016 07:18 PM
    If you are on Verizon then you need to go settings - applications - application manager - overflow menu - show system apps
    At&t
    08-29-2016 07:22 PM
    I just read a review of the Note 7 and the reviewer was really impressed with the performance. However, he did state that he did not use Smart Switch, rather, he downloaded all his previous apps manually. I have read this before too that this makes a big difference even though it obviously takes a lot of time and is inconvenient.

Can anyone else verify?
    08-29-2016 07:51 PM
    I setup manually. Now I have lag. Was fine for a rew days but lags now. Is there any way to clear ram? Please don't lecture me that Android doesn't need this. I find it helps sometimes.
    08-29-2016 07:53 PM
    I just read a review of the Note 7 and the reviewer was really impressed with the performance. However, he did state that he did not use Smart Switch, rather, he downloaded all his previous apps manually. I have read this before too that this makes a big difference even though it obviously takes a lot of time and is inconvenient.

Can anyone else verify?
    On the note 7 if you go to setting, and go to Accounts
    It has smart switch on the Note 7

On the other phone you download smart switch.
    you open Smart Switch on each and the Samsung dude copied my stuff like that.
    Then he gook all the pictures and all and moved them to the DCIM file on the SD card.
    08-29-2016 07:54 PM
    I setup manually. Now I have lag. Was fine for a rew days but lags now. Is there any way to clear ram? Please don't lecture me that Android doesn't need this. I find it helps sometimes.
    Have you gone to settings and to Device maintenance and looked at ram ?
    08-29-2016 07:55 PM
    Have you gone to settings and to Device maintenance and looked at ram ?
    VZW edition lacks that setting.
    ihbsbA likes this.
    08-29-2016 07:56 PM
    Wow its hard to realize that the setting on the At&T and Verizon is that much different.

Its 7 headers down on the At&T note 7..
    08-29-2016 07:59 PM
    Man please
    I went to Applications

Overflow is the 3 dots at the top right.
    08-29-2016 08:17 PM
    Wow its hard to realize that the setting on the At&T and Verizon is that much different.

Its 7 headers down on the At&T note 7..
    08-29-2016 08:23 PM
    Wow

Dude I didn't mean to doubt you.
    Its just hard to see why they would make it to hard.
    On my At&t the setting menu is so easy.

Its just mine is nothing like what you have.
    Tripp City.
    08-29-2016 08:29 PM
958 ... 2122232425 ...