10-04-2016 10:08 AM
958 ... 2223242526 ...
tools
    Wow

Dude I didn't mean to doubt you.
    Its just hard to see why they would make it to hard.
    On my At&t the setting menu is so easy.

Its just mine is nothing like what you have.
    Tripp City.
    Oh it's fine. I just wanted to show you. VZW does bork our phones. We don't have the latest touchwiz either.
    08-29-2016 08:34 PM
    Oh it's fine. I just wanted to show you. VZW does bork our phones. We don't have the latest touchwiz either.
    Seems Verizon is using Grace, just their own style if it.
    08-29-2016 08:36 PM
    Seems Verizon is using Grace, just their own style if it.
    Oh. There was another device setting under medium power saving I wanted to try and it was missing too. VZW "Grace" lacks grace imo.
    Kelly Kearns likes this.
    08-29-2016 08:41 PM
    Look at this
    This is on At&T Note 7
    Attached Thumbnails Note 7 - This lag is unfreakingbelievable-screenshot_20160829-204702.jpg  
    08-29-2016 08:53 PM
    VZW edition lacks that setting.
    You can still access it . You have to go to applications , application management and hit the menu button, should be able to see an option for RAM or memory.
    08-29-2016 09:14 PM
    You can still access it . You have to go to applications , application management and hit the menu button, should be able to see an option for RAM or memory.
    Ya I know about that but I see no option there to clear ram.
    08-29-2016 09:17 PM
    Ya I know about that but I see no option there to clear ram.
    I noticed that hitting multitask button and closing all clears RAM
    08-29-2016 10:48 PM
    I noticed that hitting multitask button abs closing all clears RAM
    what does abs mean?
    08-29-2016 10:51 PM
    what does abs mean?
    Meant to type and
    08-29-2016 10:55 PM
    Oh. I don't think clearing recent apps from left capacitive button then close all actually clears ram. If you mean something else I don't understand.
    08-29-2016 11:20 PM
    I hear ya. There was something just off. Once I received a phone call and the N7 was ringing, but there was no way to answer the phone because the screen stayed completely black! Finally after about 5 rings the screen flickered on, but it was too late. It's like it took several seconds for the phone to catch up to tell it to turn on the screen. Weird.
    Actually this happens to me quite often. I'll have to pick up the phone and then couple of seconds later then I'll be able to pick up. Really annoying. Everything else is fine though.
    08-30-2016 12:05 AM
    Earlier today I noticed something. When I brought my phone down to 15% charge, the battery low notification showed up and everything started working smoothly for quite a while. Coincidence?

Moreover, do you guys use your SD card with the phone? Maybe that has some effect on the lag?
    08-30-2016 12:05 AM
    Just a quick update. So far my phone is running smoother then it was before the factor reset. I guess Pocket Casts doesn't have a lock screen widget but Apple Music does so its not the phones fault there. There still some of that strange lag that happen at weird times. Auto updates are disabled and i have only a few apps enabled to access the GPS. I suppose photos could be something but i haven't had new photos to sync in a few days at least.

Doest it seem to anyone else that the phone runs super smooth when its plugged in? Like its given extra cycles with power plugged in.

FYI. i'm on an AT&T bought Note 7. Still love it and its not going back but I'm working out the little bugs. I think a software update may fix a lot of the issues. We'll see.
    08-30-2016 10:23 AM
    Just a quick update. So far my phone is running smoother then it was before the factor reset. I guess Pocket Casts doesn't have a lock screen widget but Apple Music does so its not the phones fault there. There still some of that strange lag that happen at weird times. Auto updates are disabled and i have only a few apps enabled to access the GPS. I suppose photos could be something but i haven't had new photos to sync in a few days at least.

Doest it seem to anyone else that the phone runs super smooth when its plugged in? Like its given extra cycles with power plugged in.

FYI. i'm on an AT&T bought Note 7. Still love it and its not going back but I'm working out the little bugs. I think a software update may fix a lot of the issues. We'll see.
    The full version of Pocket Casts has a lock screen widget btw.
    08-30-2016 10:26 AM
    maybe its just your internet connection
    08-30-2016 10:46 AM
    Earlier today I noticed something. When I brought my phone down to 15% charge, the battery low notification showed up and everything started working smoothly for quite a while. Coincidence?

Moreover, do you guys use your SD card with the phone? Maybe that has some effect on the lag?
    I thought it might be that too but I have no SD card. My SD card is in the mail to me now. I don't think I'm going to use it anyway.
    08-30-2016 10:49 AM
    So I don't know if this has been mentioned earlier in this thread. I'm clearly not going to read over 900 comments. I just wanted to give my experience. I have had two note 7s thus far. The first I experienced a lot of lag, mainly with recent apps scrolling. If I would go into the recent apps tray and scroll it was not smooth at all and would get stuck. The apps would cluster together. I had initially set up from smart switch. I exchanged for a second device about three days later due to frustration and that device worked for about a few hours before it happened again. Now I was pissed because everyone else didn't seem to be having problems and my note 5 was still performing better than the Note 7. The two things that were common to both phones were smart switch set up and an immediate ATT software update (August security patch) that I performed on both phones. Didn't think much about it because it's a software update. I was boxing my Note 7 back up to return it and switched the sim back into my Note 5. When I was setting my note 5 back up, I got a notification from ATT for a software update ( the August security patch). Immediately after the update to my Note 5 I began to have the same recent apps scroll lag in my Note 5 as I had in both Note 7 devices. My note 5 was flawless before this. This leads me to believe that the August security patch is the cause if all the lag in my ATT Note 7 and not the phone itself. The only way to know for sure is to exchange it again and ignore the software update. Now I have two devuces Note 5 and Note 7 with the same issue.

Hopefully this is all it is.
    08-30-2016 03:42 PM
    Here is an update. I disabled briefing and my phone is definitely not as laggy as it was before
    msm0511 and qnet like this.
    08-30-2016 05:33 PM
    My briefing is disabled, I'm using the T-Mobile version of the phone, and lag and choppiness and dropped frames are there. It's getting quite frustrating indeed.
    08-30-2016 06:36 PM
    I've had my Note 7 about 2 weeks. UT has become much slower than my Note 5. I'm on T-Mobile. I also did a smart switch. Samsung and T-Mobile, please fix.
    08-30-2016 08:04 PM
    I've had my Note 7 about 2 weeks. UT has become much slower than my Note 5. I'm on T-Mobile. I also did a smart switch. Samsung and T-Mobile, please fix.
    Well you need to reset not using Smart Switch and set the phone up as new.
    crystinonfire likes this.
    08-30-2016 09:12 PM
    Well you need to reset not using Smart Switch and set the phone up as new.
    Please listen to Kelly. I did this and it sorted it out. Smart Switch and for that matter Google's own restore from device both install duplicate apps for a very small number of Samsung specific apps. I don't know why, and maybe this has nothing to do with it. But once I did the hard reset and set up from scratch, my lag disappeared as per the separate thread I posted, and it hasn't come back yet. I've sold my S7 Edge at this point. I'm comfortable that the reset and setting up from scratch sorted it out.

The only thing I did restore was the Nova Prime layout. But that's just a settings file.
    08-30-2016 09:19 PM
    Smart switch is actually dumb. Too many factors transferring to another device to have a good chance to be stable. It should only be for contacts and media, IMO.
    08-30-2016 09:28 PM
    Smart switch is actually dumb. Too many factors transferring to another device to have a good chance to be stable. It should only be for contacts and media, IMO.
    It is good in theory, if they could get it to work without causing problems.
    08-30-2016 09:31 PM

If you come here after the update, it will have fixed problems for some, and destroyed it for others.

It's like deja vu all over again.
    Kelly Kearns likes this.
    08-30-2016 09:33 PM
958 ... 2223242526 ...