10-04-2016 10:08 AM
958 ... 2425262728 ...
tools
    The most frustrating lag is in navigation. My position on the map will lag behind where I actually am. Only when I stop at the lights does it slowly catch-up.
    Yep. Same here. Notice also the notification shade is crazy laggy while navigating?
    09-01-2016 08:04 AM
    Pretty cool speed test video comparing the 2 different versions of the note 7. Both are pretty slow...
    09-01-2016 08:18 AM
    Okay I installed all my stuff from my Note 4 to My Note 7! Set my Animations off! I got no lag at all. Moving fast and smooth!
    09-01-2016 08:41 AM
    Not sure if it's carrier related or just the phone. TMO yesterday while at the store had 7 returns. "Not swap outs" but actual returns. I like these real world posts people are putting on youtube and not the fanboy posts. IT's one thing to be diluted by advertising and just the love of one vs the other... It's another to have real world numbers. For those of us in enterprise level organizations, and using the phone to it's max... we want to know the absolute best, and most dependable product/os/etc... Thanks JS for posting that.
    09-01-2016 08:51 AM
    Mine started working a lot better after I reset a second time and did NOT use smart switch.
    My wife and I both used Smart Switch from our Edge 6 Pluses and neither one of us have experienced any lag issues at all. We did do a factory reset right out of the box before setting anything up and we are both using Nova Launcher.
    09-01-2016 09:26 AM
    It's not right out of the box. By definition, when people use Smart Switch, they are instantly transporting all of their old junk and clutter from their old phone to this new one. Hardly the same as new out of the box.
    I didn't use smart switch. I came from a moto
    09-01-2016 09:39 AM
    I have figured out a solution to my issue. I have brand new Note 7 and brand new Gear VR. Videos whether downloaded or streamed would play for 1-2 seconds and stop then 1-2 seconds then stop. Very laggy for everything. Just assumed it was new and I had nothing to compare to (came from Apple) so assumed my WiFi was just slow even though I got highest consumer level package. Anyway, after fiddling around I went into the setting on the Gear VR (hold back button down for a few seconds) When I shut off bluetooth everything is playing smooth. I use plugged in ANC Bose Quietcomfort 35 headphones so no loss for me. Experience is so much nicer now.

Hope it helps for others.
    09-01-2016 11:35 AM
    Just got my Note 7 - Love everything about it *EXCEPT* the lag.... Swiping between screens, scrolling through internet page way after fully loaded, opening apps.... I ran a test against my note 5 and the "5" won by at least 2 seconds on EVERY app I tried. Definitely a software issues as the hardware is top notch. Very bummed.. For the record, I owned every Iphone up to the 5 and i've been on samsung since the Note 3. Pretty disappointing but I would bet anyone saying theirs is butter smooth just doesn't know what "butter smooth" should be.. 2 cents given.
    eyecon82 and linzgeneral like this.
    09-01-2016 05:00 PM
    Just got my Note 7 - Love everything about it *EXCEPT* the lag.... Swiping between screens, scrolling through internet page way after fully loaded, opening apps.... I ran a test against my note 5 and the "5" won by at least 2 seconds on EVERY app I tried. Definitely a software issues as the hardware is top notch. Very bummed.. For the record, I owned every Iphone up to the 5 and i've been on samsung since the Note 3. Pretty disappointing but I would bet anyone saying theirs is butter smooth just doesn't know what "butter smooth" should be.. 2 cents given.
    Did you set up as a new phone or did you use the smart switch function? And what carrier?
    toenail_flicker likes this.
    09-01-2016 05:03 PM
    Zero lag here. Did 3 hard resets from recovery before setting up. Didn't allow pre-install of apps by Google and only used SmartSwitch after fully setup and only for things that weren't apps. And I'm using Apex launcher.
    09-01-2016 05:05 PM
    I used smart switch but selectively - Didn't want to bring a bunch of old just (advice from old itunes days..ha) Really just wanted an easy way to get the text messages over to the new phone. I'm on At&t and still have my Note 5 here if anyone would like me to test anything specifically. BTW, i'm already getting a buyers remorse replacement sent out as the rep thought I got a bad device. I call BS but we'll see..
    09-01-2016 05:10 PM
    Interesting...so, why again are you on page 27 of a forum that is solely based on lag from the Note 7?? Weird, right...
    09-01-2016 05:36 PM
    If you do not care for a post, there is no need to respond. Move along! Move along!
    Thanks!
    Ben l1 and recDNA like this.
    09-01-2016 05:42 PM
    I love these people who say that those of us who say we're experiencing no problem with our phone are just deluded. Maybe it's the other side that is deluded, you know? If those of us who say we're having a good experience with our phone ever suggest that this means that nobody has issues with lag, we are completely trashed for that thought. However, it's perfectly okay for them to say, because they are experiencing lag, therefore the rest of us are either lying or deluded.
    I actually don't see him saying that though -- he was simply stating what he sees versus his other devices.
    Ben l1 likes this.
    09-01-2016 05:51 PM
    He literally said that anyone who says theirs id buttery smooth just doesn't know what buttery smooth is.
    Ah true -- I did miss that point. He can believe what he wants to believe. As with most people they go off what they know and we all don't know what each of us has used in the past and whatnot . Lag can definitely be a user to user thing. Such as some think any animations are lag and simply can't stand them whereas I personally don't mind it either way from using various devices over the past few years.
    09-01-2016 05:55 PM
    I used smart switch but selectively - Didn't want to bring a bunch of old just (advice from old itunes days..ha) Really just wanted an easy way to get the text messages over to the new phone. I'm on At&t and still have my Note 5 here if anyone would like me to test anything specifically. BTW, i'm already getting a buyers remorse replacement sent out as the rep thought I got a bad device. I call BS but we'll see..
    This is why you're having problems. Set up as a new device and do not import anything from your saved google account or smartswitch. All should be well after that. Happened to me. I said that I had a lag, everyone said I was trolling or an apple fan, or just crazy. Um, no, some phones clearly perform differently than others. My phone was very laggy. I reset it, it was still laggy. Per Kelly Kearns, I reset it and DID NOT import anything or use smart switch, lo and behold my phone no longer lags.
    09-01-2016 06:03 PM
    Hmm.. Trouble is google has all my contacts that i'd rather not input manually and I would like to import all of my texts since they are all relevant to my job. Seems logical that I wouldn't want to import system settings as that may screw with things but I wouldn't think syncing google (which will happen when you sign in btw) would have a bad effect. Did you still sign into google after the phone was up and running? I'm good with installing apps manually but do you think importing texts could have an impact of the phones performance? I'm definitely going to try it out - thanks for the suggestion!
    09-01-2016 06:12 PM
    Hmm.. Trouble is google has all my contacts that i'd rather not input manually and I would like to import all of my texts since they are all relevant to my job. Seems logical that I wouldn't want to import system settings as that may screw with things but I wouldn't think syncing google (which will happen when you sign in btw) would have a bad effect. Did you still sign into google after the phone was up and running? I'm good with installing apps manually but do you think importing texts could have an impact of the phones performance? I'm definitely going to try it out - thanks for the suggestion!
    You don't need to import them. Your phone will sync your contacts from Google when you log into your Google account.

Theoretically, text should be fine.. But..
    SteelGator likes this.
    09-01-2016 06:15 PM
    Hmm.. Trouble is google has all my contacts that i'd rather not input manually and I would like to import all of my texts since they are all relevant to my job.

Did you still sign into google after the phone was up and running? I'm good with installing apps manually but do you think importing texts could have an impact of the phones performance? I'm definitely going to try it out - thanks for the suggestion!
    Yes, I still signed into google, so my contacts and calendar synced in the background. But I installed my apps manually, and I also transferred music and photos over via my laptop. The only thing I did import from my old phone was my Nova Launcher settings.
    09-01-2016 06:22 PM
    You don't need to import them. Your phone will sync your contacts from Google when you log into your Google account.

Theoretically, text should be fine.. But..
    Fingers crossed, thanks for the info!
    09-01-2016 06:22 PM
    Getting severe lag with google maps. Its ridiculous. My iPhone 6 was like butter in when it loaded and navigated. This thing is so choppy its almost unusable.
    09-01-2016 06:41 PM
    Sad because I'm in love with this phone. Its basically what I patiently waited for apple to make after 8 years of iOS. Its amazing. Just the lag is killing me.
    Ben l1 likes this.
    09-01-2016 06:43 PM
    This thread is like the Jelly of the Month Club. Clark, it's the gift that keeps on giving.
    09-01-2016 07:17 PM
    This thread is like the Jelly of the Month Club. Clark, it's the gift that keeps on giving.
    Hahaha I get that reference.. One of my favorite movies!
    09-01-2016 07:19 PM
    Pretty cool speed test video comparing the 2 different versions of the note 7. Both are pretty slow...
    Is it me or did this guy just skip over the time at the end so you couldn't see what the difference was? These test drive me crazy. This isn't a real world test by any means. I have a 6s plus and n7 and sometimes the iPhone opens apps faster and sometimes the n7 will. Just depends on the app and what the task is. I don't play games on my phone, so maybe that could be an issue. The phone has been very smooth for me and no issues or lag. If something does have a hiccup here or there I think it is from the app itself not the phone. I've also been getting great battery life too.

Ok, so it looks like his exynos said 2:52 which is slower then the 820 then he goes on to say how his exynos is faster. Funny. I guess he edited so you could barely see the time and didn't say what it was.
    09-01-2016 08:17 PM
958 ... 2425262728 ...