10-04-2016 10:08 AM
958 ... 2526272829 ...
tools
    Is it me or did this guy just skip over the time at the end so you couldn't see what the difference was? These test drive me crazy. This isn't a real world test by any means. I have a 6s plus and n7 and sometimes the iPhone opens apps faster and sometimes the n7 will. Just depends on the app and what the task is. I don't play games on my phone, so maybe that could be an issue. The phone has been very smooth for me and no issues or lag. If something does have a hiccup here or there I think it is from the app itself not the phone. I've also been getting great battery life too.

Ok, so it looks like his exynos said 2:52 which is slower then the 820 then he goes on to say how his exynos is faster. Funny. I guess he edited so you could barely see the time and didn't say what it was.
    The one on the right was exynos, and got 2:30, the one on the left was snapdragon, and got 2:52. If he didn't want you to see it then it wouldn't have been much effort to not put it in a video of which you can pause and rewind as you like, and he also said the snapdragon got 2:52.
    09-01-2016 08:45 PM
    The one on the right was exynos, and got 2:30, the one on the left was snapdragon, and got 2:52. If he didn't want you to see it then it wouldn't have been much effort to not put it in a video of which you can pause and rewind as you like, and he also said the snapdragon got 2:52.
    You are right, I misheard which he said was which.
    09-01-2016 09:08 PM
    My biggest stutter problem is unlocking the screen with my fingerprint. It's a little better with the iris scanner, but not that much. I'm probably one of the few people who acutally like the animations, as long as they're working smoothly. For the most part, scrolling, and opening most apps are fine, it's just every once in awhile, it stutters. This is why I'm hesitant to call Samsung or exchange it.

I remember playing with a N7 at Best Buy before launch and remember it lagging and stuttering pretty bad then. I thought it was because it was a display unit, and a lot of people messing with it. The issue is really inconsistent, pretty much like Android was in the past. Sometimes it's really bad, sometimes not. I just want an update.

If they don't update it by the time the new Google phones (rumored former Nexus phones) come out, I'll just buy one of those and sell it, like I've done in the past. I may even try the Iphone 7, depending on how it is.
    09-01-2016 09:16 PM
    I just got the Note 7 as well and am surprised how laggy it seems at times. The Note 7 is certainly snappier than my old Note 2 which I still use for some games; but given the 4 year difference in technology I expected more. One of my friends has the Nexus 6p and I spent a lot of time playing with it before moving back to Android from Windows Phone. I never noticed any real lag with his 6P and he has lots more apps running on his than I do on my Note 7. Coming from Windows phone I had gotten used to not having a lot of apps so I haven't loaded my phone up yet. Hopefully software updates will help improve things.
    09-01-2016 10:05 PM
    Settings>Applications>Application Manager>3 Dots menu>show system apps>scroll to Briefing>press Briefing>press disable
    Or you can long press your home screen scroll to the far left screen where briefing screen is and slide to disable it.
    09-01-2016 10:11 PM
    Same here. My note 7 is running smooth . Just switched from iPhone 6s.
    09-01-2016 11:07 PM
    Or you can long press your home screen scroll to the far left screen where briefing screen is and slide to disable it.
    https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/2016...4beb4e71dd.jpg
    That just turns it off. Doesn't disable it. I still got Briefing notifications after turning it off until I disabled it in settings.
    09-01-2016 11:22 PM
    Obviously some users are subjected to intolerable lag. But before I thought about even beginning to try the suggested remedies I would do 2 elementary things.

(1) A factory reset, and

(2) No Smart Switch.

Only, then, would I begin to refine my strategies.

PS... I prefer TouchWiz myself but in my experience Nova is a faster launcher. Also the Facebook app can do terrible things to a phone.

My 2 cents which is far from definitive.
    crystinonfire likes this.
    09-02-2016 03:06 AM
    FYI, phones are being replaced. Samsung announced a worldwide recall today.
    09-02-2016 04:15 AM
    FYI, phones are being replaced. Samsung announced a worldwide recall today.
    All of them will be replaced? Even if I had no issues? ๐Ÿ˜ฏ
    09-02-2016 04:46 AM
    All of them will be replaced? ๐Ÿ˜ฏ
    Yup, worldwide recall. So far they are talking about it taking two weeks to make the new phones.

Here is the article from the presser.

http://english.yonhapnews.co.kr/busi...09400320F.html
    09-02-2016 04:48 AM
    You have to wonder if this will revive the removable battery option in future devices. It sure would be a lot cheaper to replace defective batteries than the entire phone. Yikes.
    09-02-2016 05:11 AM
    Nah.. I doubt it. This isn't normal, as they said. They just had too many happen very quickly.

There are always batteries that explode on phones.
    09-02-2016 05:13 AM
    All of them will be replaced? Even if I had no issues? ๐Ÿ˜ฏ
    I don't think you have to but you probably should.
    09-02-2016 06:07 AM
    Nah.. I doubt it. This isn't normal, as they said. They just had too many happen very quickly.

There are always batteries that explode on phones.
    While I recognize that Apple does some really nice things, the quest to out-Apple Apple with glass phones/sealed batteries never ceases to amaze me. And disappoint me. And yes, even Apple seems to have some exploding batteries in iPhones. Unless the Pixel XL or V20 wows me, I might be looking at my first ever iPhone in the near future. And I am not happy about it.

The only thing I can think of I'd like to see carried over from Apple is the ability of Android to update the OS/security with timely updates and not have to do a FDR after the fact. And keep those updates coming even after 2 years from release. Not everyone trades phones yearly.
    09-02-2016 07:08 AM
    I don't think you have to but you probably should.
    I know I probably should. I definitely understand why they are taking the precautions. I just don't want to have to redo everything because I'm lazy. Lol
    09-02-2016 07:12 AM
    I know I probably should. I definitely understand why they are taking the precautions. I just don't want to have to redo everything because I'm lazy. Lol
    Better than getting a skin graft? One guy in the US put his phone on his waistband holster and it burst into flames.
    09-02-2016 07:14 AM
    Let me just go ahead and switch this Sims card over to my note 5 in the mean time.
    09-02-2016 07:24 AM
    Let me just go ahead and switch this Sims card over to my note 5 in the mean time.
    Hahaha.. Sorry, but that was pretty funny.

Hey at least you aren't being told to hold it differently and it is going to be taken care of!
    speedlever likes this.
    09-02-2016 07:25 AM
    Hahaha.. Sorry, but that was pretty funny.

Hey at least you aren't being told to hold it differently and it is going to be taken care of!
    Lol I'm just glad I have an extra phone.
    Kelly Kearns likes this.
    09-02-2016 07:33 AM
    Lol I'm just glad I have an extra phone.
    Odds are yours is fine, it is a small number as of now. But.. The others were fine until they weren't. ๐Ÿ˜•
    09-02-2016 07:42 AM
    I'm not trying to be funny or a smart a, but this could be an opportunity to get a new phone that doesn't stutter as much. I was on the fence about exchanging the phone, and I'm a day past my two week return window.
    09-02-2016 09:33 AM
    I'm not trying to be funny or a smart a, but this could be an opportunity to get a new phone that doesn't stutter as much. I was on the fence about exchanging the phone, and I'm a day past my two week return window.
    Exactly it would be. This is also a phone that will go through major quality control.
    09-02-2016 10:23 AM
    Perhaps there is more going on Samsung is being hush hush about? Some hardware defect in batches causing stuttering?
    09-02-2016 10:55 AM
    Perhaps there is more going on Samsung is being hush hush about? Some hardware defect in batches causing stuttering?
    No, governments of all countries are involved in recalls.
    09-02-2016 10:56 AM
958 ... 2526272829 ...