10-04-2016 10:08 AM
958 ... 2627282930 ...
tools
    Mod Note, let's keep things on topic. There's already a thread discussing the recall, if that is what you wish to discuss
    Almeuit and Doug Moffat like this.
    09-02-2016 01:53 PM
    My only lag seen is when I restart the phone. Takes a good 2 minutes before I can swipe around smoothly
    09-02-2016 02:09 PM
    Guys I think I found the fix!!! I created an account just to post this.

I'm on T-Mobile coming from the note 5 and the performance after the first few days was atrocious. Apps super slow to load, keyboard lag, stuttering under load not to mention the phone getting really hot. Battery life has been solid for me. Better than n5. While the battery and heat is something that Samsung needs to address, the lag has been tremendously reduced and now all of a sudden my note 7 is the beast that I envisioned it should be.

THE FIX THAT WORKED FOR ME
    Disable all apps that you don't use. I disabled svoice, s-health, lookout, and a couple others.

The biggest factor was changing scaling from Large to Small. I'm using TouchWiz and Google keyboard too. My phone is really hot right now but still butter smooth and blazing fast. Maybe a bug with scaling I don't know, but I promise, it feels like a new phone now. If this works for you, please share this message.
    neil123456, Doug Moffat and jmk32 like this.
    09-02-2016 02:13 PM
    Wtf Samsung. It was nice for the first few days but now the lag is unbelievable.

Once again, great hardware. Crappy software. Even typing this message was a PITA
    It needs more RAM and better optimisation. I'm pretty sure it is running out of RAM early and aggressively closing tasks, causing a huge bottle neck in processes.

This is what happens when you add the Note stuff to S Hardware.
    jamesrick80 likes this.
    09-02-2016 02:21 PM
    Guys I think I found the fix!!! I created an account just to post this.

I'm on T-Mobile coming from the note 5 and the performance after the first few days was atrocious. Apps super slow to load, keyboard lag, stuttering under load not to mention the phone getting really hot. Battery life has been solid for me. Better than n5. While the battery and heat is something that Samsung needs to address, the lag has been tremendously reduced and now all of a sudden my note 7 is the beast that I envisioned it should be.

THE FIX THAT WORKED FOR ME
    Disable all apps that you don't use. I disabled svoice, s-health, lookout, and a couple others.

The biggest factor was changing scaling from Large to Small. I'm using TouchWiz and Google keyboard too. My phone is really hot right now but still butter smooth and blazing fast. Maybe a bug with scaling I don't know, but I promise, it feels like a new phone now. If this works for you, please share this message.

I went in and disabled a lot of apps I don't use and optimized everything from Day one.

Scaling what from Large to Small.
    What are you talking about.
    09-02-2016 02:26 PM
    Like I said the fix that worked for me.
    In fact, I just did a speed test. Opened 13 apps under small and large scaling. Not only was small smoother, but on the 3 tests I did, under small scaling, it finished 7-10 seconds faster than the large setting.
    09-02-2016 02:29 PM
    Like I said the fix that worked for me.
    In fact, I just did a speed test. Opened 13 apps under small and large scaling. Not only was small smoother, but on the 3 tests I did, under small scaling, it finished 7-10 seconds faster than the large setting.
    Still don't understand what opening a app under a scaling is.
    09-02-2016 02:32 PM
    Doesn't having to go in and disable apps out of the box in order to get performance up to snuff bother anyone else but me? Did the mfg/carrier not test the N7 loaded with mfg/carrier bloat before selling it to the public? Wouldn't they have seen the lag/stuttering and fixed it before selling it? That just doesn't sound right to me.
    09-02-2016 02:44 PM
    May be going to lg v20 if it has 6 GB ram...the Note 7 does need more ram...I'm on tmobile and mine has started to lag...thank goodness for the recall
    09-02-2016 02:51 PM
    Still don't understand what opening a app under a scaling is.
    Go to settings, display, then make sure scaling is set to Small
    09-02-2016 03:12 PM
    I've been using my Oneplus 3 today since reading about the recall situation. I forgot how nice this phones operates. Having 6GB of ram and almost stock Android has to be helping. It's also updated about three time since I bought it.
    09-02-2016 03:27 PM
    Disable Samsung apps like s voice, healthh, briefing then go to settings, display, and make scaling option to Small. My note 7 went from one of the laggiest phones to iPhone smoothness
    09-02-2016 03:34 PM
    Disable Samsung apps like s voice, healthh, briefing then go to settings, display, and make scaling option to Small. My note 7 went from one of the laggiest phones to iPhone smoothness
    I did all that on day 1. Still laggy. Not even in the same realm of an iphones smoothness.
    09-02-2016 03:42 PM
    Any bets it needs to see better tuning from compiler level on up?

It often takes a couple OS updates. A lot was promised, like 40% in GPU. On day one? Unlikely.

"Qualcomm Kryo, our first custom-designed 64-bit quad-core CPU, as part of a comprehensive redesign of our premium-tier mobile processor. (820)

Kryo is tightly integrated with the Adreno 530 GPU and Hexagon 680 DSP and is designed for high-performance mobile computing along with the latest in multimedia and connectivity. "

https://www.qualcomm.com/news/snapdr...nd-role-custom
    09-02-2016 03:47 PM
    Go to settings, display, then make sure scaling is set to Small
    Don't you have to enable developer options to get to the scaling options? I'm not sure everyone knows how to get there.
    09-02-2016 05:39 PM
    Don't you have to enable developer options to get to the scaling options? I'm not sure everyone knows how to get there.
    No, it's there without Developer options on the Note7.
    speedlever likes this.
    09-02-2016 05:52 PM
    The most notable lag I get is when I use a dash-cam app to record video in the background while running Google maps and Bluetooth music streaming. Everything runs ok, but the resulting video has constant lag. I've tried different dash-cam apps with the same result. My Note 4 and even my old Note 2 could handle this without issue, so the Note 7 should be no problem. I disabled a bunch of apps I don't use and the lag in the video is much less but still there.

Anyone else use their Note as a dash-cam and Sat Nav device?
    09-02-2016 06:02 PM
    I don't know what to tell ya, there could be other differences but this def changed my phone. I hated it at first, now it's the best performing Android I've had. I've also hibernated many apps.
    09-02-2016 08:21 PM
    I did all that on day 1. Still laggy. Not even in the same realm of an iphones smoothness.
    Do yourself a favor and go compare the browser between the two. Go to CNET website. iPhone browsers are much more twitchy and load slower. I did a comparison at best buy side by side. iPhones do lag also btw
    09-02-2016 08:24 PM
    I'm on my 7th Samsung phone, love them... they've always had a little lag here and there, but my Note 7 at times is BAD!

I set it up from scratch, no restores or switches. I have dev options set to 0.5x. Nova prime very lean.

I was driving home, using GPS and streaming Bluetooth from GMusic, and if i pushed HOME or tried to switch to messaging or anything... i could count to 5 almost while i watched screens trying to load and freeze and switch... it was like WTFFF is going on here!?

I just rolled out 15 of these at work to attorneys as well, so I'm hoping for the best.
    09-02-2016 08:46 PM
    I'm on my 7th Samsung phone, love them... they've always had a little lag here and there, but my Note 7 at times is BAD!

I set it up from scratch, no restores or switches. I have dev options set to 0.5x. Nova prime very lean.

I was driving home, using GPS and streaming Bluetooth from GMusic, and if i pushed HOME or tried to switch to messaging or anything... i could count to 5 almost while i watched screens trying to load and freeze and switch... it was like WTFFF is going on here!?

I just rolled out 15 of these at work to attorneys as well, so I'm hoping for the best.
    Is s-voice disabled? That's what slows down pushing the home button. Is your content scaling set to Small? Setting to large lags the phone
    09-03-2016 03:56 PM
    On sprint btw
    I have a Sprint Note 7 and immediately after getting it, I uninstalled/disabled all the Sprint apps. That stuff eats up valuable processor and RAM resources. Clean up your new phone and it makes a difference.
    09-04-2016 12:49 AM
    My note 7 has been really laggy too. Like i was using my OP3 and its crazy how smooth it is compared to the note. but im doing a FDR now and hopefully it gets better. i will check some apps too. I dont wanna take the phone back because i love the phone but the lag is so annoying. especially for 900 bucks
    09-04-2016 09:49 AM
    I really love the note7 but since I turned it in and got a s7edge it is noticeably faster. The lag was real. Hopefully the second batch is better.
    09-04-2016 11:42 AM
    09-04-2016 09:58 PM
958 ... 2627282930 ...