10-04-2016 10:08 AM
958 ... 2829303132 ...
tools
    I loved this phone for about 2.5 weeks. The phone was fast, new, and much better in every aspect coming from the note 4. However within the last week I've experienced lag on a daily basis and the battery is only 25-30% better than my note 4. Those issues coupled with the recall have soured my taste for Android and Samsung. This is coming from a guy who was the last to give up a blackberry (passport bb10) and someone who said they would never have an iPhone.
    This is 2016 and I just paid $916 for a phone with lag!? Plus over $130 in acessories to try and keep the glass from cracking or scratching! Only the $60 official Samsung leather case provided the most protection at about 45%. The zagg "HD"screen protector was $25 garbage quality that made the beautiful screen look like it was from the 90's. I also bought the wireless fast charger for this phone which is amazing and would be a feature I'd hate to give up but this phone is note worth what we paid for it given the insufficiencies that have been documented by numerous users. I hope Samsung does exponentially better with the next note phone than this one.
    Wow, that's pretty harsh. But I can't argue. I'm feeling the same way. I'll always love Samsung, but time to try something different for awhile. Something without so much baggage.
    Mghollan26 likes this.
    09-08-2016 10:31 PM
    I hated writing my comments, but I also felt like it needed to be said. I was an onlooker on the thread with a phone that had zero issues since day one. It was only until recently that I began to have performance issues. I tried to look past it and make subtle inconvenient adjustments to improve performance and battery life, but I finally realized that it was stupid of me to have to go through all of this on a $900+ device.
    speedlever likes this.
    09-08-2016 10:38 PM
    My Note 7 has lag like no other phone I've owned. And, I've owned Note 2 through Note 5.

At times when I press on the home button it can take up to 10 seconds before getting back to the home screen. I'm guessing I'll have to do the factory reset dance to clear this up but I was hoping I could wait until the replacement one arrived.

Any ideas as to what is causing this lag? Is anyone else noticing it?
    itsnotmeitsyou likes this.
    09-09-2016 10:59 AM
    Love this Note 7, but the lag is real, and it's bad. I'm likely going to have to switch to another device. I am disappointed.
    09-09-2016 11:14 AM
    Truthfully I feel like a fool owning a $950 phone that functions this poorly.
    Js2000ster likes this.
    09-09-2016 11:17 AM
    I'm in the UK with the exynos version. Yup I'm afraid the lag is a real issue. I have owned note 3 and note 4 and both have lagged but nowhere near as much as the note 7. I've emailed Samsung this morning about issues such as unresponsive screen, typing lags where you type a sentence then 3 seconds later the sentence appears on the screen accompanied by a series of clicks and haptic buzzes, the 30 sec freeze lag that I had this morning whilst browsing a web site then it caught up with itself with a series of scrolling, clicking and other delayed gestures. I love the note series and this phone is beautiful but it's not performing as it should.
    09-09-2016 11:46 AM
    I think your lag is a direct relation to the bad battery issue. I'm on Verizon here in the U.S. and I have absolutely no lag at all. Sudden drops or spikes from a bad battery will cause performance issues like lag, screen glitches, touch not working.
    msndrstood likes this.
    09-09-2016 11:59 AM
    the lag is especially noticeable with google maps running navigation, The CPU goes up to 100% and lags like no other
    09-09-2016 03:19 PM
    My Note 7 has lag like no other phone I've owned. And, I've owned Note 2 through Note 5.

At times when I press on the home button it can take up to 10 seconds before getting back to the home screen. I'm guessing I'll have to do the factory reset dance to clear this up but I was hoping I could wait until the replacement one arrived.

Any ideas as to what is causing this lag? Is anyone else noticing it?
    It could be an app running in the background. Try a reboot before resetting the device.
    09-09-2016 04:31 PM
    Anybody with lag or having battery problems tried this.

How to Hard/Factory Reset Galaxy Note 7 for a Better Performance
    09-09-2016 04:35 PM
    I'm convinced there's people who log onto these forums every year for the Galaxy launches and claim this. Wouldn't be a launch without it. I must be the luckiest guy in the world because after the following: S3, Note, S4, Note 2, S5, Note 3, S6 Edge, Note 4, S7/S7 Edge, and now Note 7, I haven't come close to experiencing these "unfreakingbelieveable" lag fests.

Posted via the Android Central App
    I absolutely love my notes, always have... but I'm having the same issues. Contemplating sending it back and continuing to use my note 5 until the Google phone comes out
    09-09-2016 09:02 PM
    I didn't realize how bad the lag really was until tonight. I took Tmobile up on their offer to temporarily swap with a new device until the Note 7 replacements are in. I chose the S7 Edge. All I can say is wow.. This thing feels like it flies coming from the Note 7. My note had a 1-2 second lag in between almost any action I did (press back button, open/close an app, etc) and even started to have crazy lag while typing on the keyboard. This gives us hope, though, as they're basically the same phone. I'm thinking there are some major software issues on the Note 7.
    09-09-2016 10:26 PM
    I didn't realize how bad the lag really was until tonight. I took Tmobile up on their offer to temporarily swap with a new device until the Note 7 replacements are in. I chose the S7 Edge. All I can say is wow.. This thing feels like it flies coming from the Note 7. My note had a 1-2 second lag in between almost any action I did (press back button, open/close an app, etc) and even started to have crazy lag while typing on the keyboard. This gives us hope, though, as they're basically the same phone. I'm thinking there are some major software issues on the Note 7.
    Yup. The question is whether it'll be fixed in the post-recall Note 7s when they're released. I'd be reluctant to go back to the Note 7 on the hope of a future software fix.
    09-10-2016 07:10 AM
    I got both phones. Both have the same processor.
    Neither lag very much if you have a good signal.
    Note 7 edge ain't as curved. Making it easier to hold.
    09-10-2016 07:38 AM
    Neither lag very much if you have a good signal.
    That's not true for many of us.
    09-10-2016 07:52 AM
    And a lot of y'all have probably done nothing to fix it

Sent via the Samsung Galaxy Note7, an AT&T 4G LTE smartphone
    giper54 likes this.
    09-10-2016 08:06 AM
    09-10-2016 08:10 AM
    I agree. The Note 7 isn't terribly slow. I wouldn't even consider it laggy, just that I expected more from a newer, supposedly more powerful chip. It is definitely noticeably slower than the Note 5. That being said, I love the Note 7 and it's better than I thought it would be. All things considered, it is indeed a worthy upgrade..
    09-10-2016 08:18 AM
    And a lot of y'all have probably done nothing to fix it
    Many of us have carefully documented what we've done to try to fix it:
    intermittent serious UI-feedback lag | AT&T Samsung Galaxy Note 7

Plus, a properly working phone does not require users to jump through hoops to fix it.
    09-10-2016 08:26 AM
    Anybody cut their phone off and turn it back on Several Times a week ?
    Its a good idea to do.
    Even reccommended
    09-10-2016 08:34 AM
    Don't know about yours but my Australian unlocked N7 works just fine. I won't be changing.
    09-10-2016 08:58 AM
    I picked up an interim S7 Edge while waiting for the battery issue to be resolved and the first thing I noticed is that a phone with mostly the same hardware was immediately noticeably snappier. Something's up and hopefully it's just software. I came from a buttery smooth if two year old iPhone 6 Plus.
    09-10-2016 09:16 AM
    I picked up an interim S7 Edge while waiting for the battery issue to be resolved and the first thing I noticed is that a phone with mostly the same hardware was immediately noticeably snappier. Something's up and hopefully it's just software. I came from a buttery smooth if two year old iPhone 6 Plus.
    You hadn't install a bunch of apps on it either did ya.
    It usually starts when you make changes to your phone.
    Pay close attention to what you do to the phone.
    09-10-2016 09:29 AM
    You hadn't install a bunch of apps on it either did ya.
    I did--all the same apps that I'd had on the Note 7. For me, the S7 Edge never exhibits the intermittent sound/vibration-feedback lag problem that I posted the video of for the Note 7.
    09-10-2016 12:14 PM
    When I was returning my Note 7 at t-mo yesterday I was chatting with the two employees that were handling the 30-minute return process. I mentioned how I was surprised a phone this powerful still exhibited some lag, and they commented a lot of the other Note 7 customers had said the same thing and they both noticed it when playing around with the Note 7 themselves. They also said the lag was not there on the S7/edge.
    09-10-2016 02:11 PM
958 ... 2829303132 ...