10-04-2016 10:08 AM
958 ... 2930313233 ...
tools
    Does anybody else experience extraordinary lag, stuttering when navigating and trying to use their phone?

The notification shade seems to suffer the most. CPU usage shows 90 percent and above...
    09-10-2016 05:38 PM
    Does anybody else experience extraordinary lag, stuttering when navigating and trying to use their phone?

The notification shade seems to suffer the most. CPU usage shows 90 percent and above...
    No lag! gps bt streaming texting interinet Simultaneously with no issues.
    When you set up your phone did you do a clean install or transfur all your stuff over?
    Averix likes this.
    09-10-2016 05:47 PM
    Returned my Note 7 and accessories to Best Buy Friday night. Returned because of the fire risk and lag. Came to the Note from the BB Priv, and before that iPhone 6 Plus. Neither of the previous phones were laggy or slow to open apps. Sadly time to find a different phone.
    09-11-2016 01:46 PM
    Wow again
    I still have the S7E and the Note 7 too.
    Don't have ant lag on either.
    I set the S7E up. Best buy transferred everything over to my Note 7.
    I can sit here with both.
    No lag.
    I like the stylus on the note..and the larger screen.
    Like the gold color on my S7E oh.
    09-11-2016 02:28 PM
    Has any here tried the n930fxxu1bph6 update? My phone was saying there was no new update, but when I downloaded the smart switch software to my PC it downloaded and installed n930fxxu1bph6. Wasn't really getting any interface lag issues, just background video recording would lag at the start, but will see how it goes over the next few days.
    09-11-2016 07:00 PM
    Wow again
    I still have the S7E and the Note 7 too.
    Don't have ant lag on either.
    I set the S7E up. Best buy transferred everything over to my Note 7.
    I can sit here with both.
    No lag.
    I like the stylus on the note..and the larger screen.
    Like the gold color on my S7E oh.
    Both phones perform the same? Do you notice if one phone has better data reception, specifically dBM?
    09-11-2016 07:14 PM
    Assuming that the Note 7 is released again, where does one take a Samsung device for warranty work? I know most Best Buys have a Samsung presence. Would that work? Apple obviously has the Genius Bar just not sure about Samsung should I acquire one and experience the aforementioned lag issues.
    09-12-2016 08:43 AM
    i used to use GS6 and GN7 feels laggier than the old one. that is the one thing i just cannot understand. It's same android version but GN7 feels way laggier.
    09-12-2016 08:51 AM
    WHen I was at my local T-Mo store yesterday, turning my N7 in for an S7E, the person helping me was speculating that Samsung would have to dial back the processor a bit to keep the heat down in the replacements, and take some pressure off the batteries. If she's right, I expect lag concerns will get worse, not better, in the replacement handsets.
    09-12-2016 09:01 AM
    WHen I was at my local T-Mo store yesterday, turning my N7 in for an S7E, the person helping me was speculating that Samsung would have to dial back the processor a bit to keep the heat down in the replacements, and take some pressure off the batteries. If she's right, I expect lag concerns will get worse, not better, in the replacement handsets.
    Sigh
    09-12-2016 09:08 AM
    One thing I've noticed that makes the N7 feel laggier than the S7 Edge is that the N7 has a slower response the home button presses. I think this is (at least in part) deliberate to make it easier for the user to register multiple home button presses for quick launch of camera and one-handed mode. On the S7 Edge, the two presses for quick launch of camera had to be pretty fast to work. On the N7, it gives you more time and therefore is easier, but the downside is response is not as snappy.

If you turn off quick launch and one-handed operation settings, the phone is quicker because it is not waiting to see if you are going to press the home button again for quick launch of the camera (or one-handed mode).
    09-12-2016 09:13 AM

HOW? Samsung already said it was some type of connector that touched something else i forget exactly what but nothing to do with how strong the battery or processor is Geez
    09-12-2016 09:15 AM
    My replacement S7 is completely lag free compared to the Note 7 in my experience. That is with the exact apps and setup. In fact I left briefing on as well, and it is running quite well. A very different experience compared to the N7(even after a full FDR on the N7 after 3 days of horrible lag). I always set up a phone as new and never restore. I used my OP3 as a backup before I replaced it and I forgot how lag free that phone was in comparison(same app load for me and usage)
    I hope the N7 issues are resolved for both battery and lag or I won't be going back. When they start shipping I will definitely wait a bit to get some field input before I get one again.
    09-12-2016 03:57 PM
    [SUB]yep. I noticed the same thing. I was so unimpressed. My note 4 is crazy faster than the note 7!!! [/SUb
    09-12-2016 04:31 PM
    My S7 edge is much faster than my note 7...Samsung really should upgrade the note 7s processor and upgrade the ram to 6 gb...I'm not sure I will get my replacement without some enhancements or software updates
    clerk likes this.
    09-12-2016 04:36 PM
    Can People that have previously owne recent models of Samsung tell me... how is Samsung in releasing updates after new new phone has been released? Especially within the first year of phone released?

It is really interesting to hear comments of people that have had a couple/few weeks of use on the Note 7 go to a S7/Edge and comment a noticeable difference in performance and less lag using the other models... I know lag was to be expected since most android site reviews have commented seeing it as well as many Note 7 reviews also corroborate lag like Flossy.

A little lag I can live with... it's not a Nexus so I don't expect it and touchwiz is notorious... but I'm hoping that during the year Samsung can push updates when needed to fix bugs. Outside Nexus my only other android exprience was LG G2 G3 and to be honest besides an OS upgrade a year later, I don't remember getting any regular updates.

The recent comments giving a comparison is very interesting.
    09-12-2016 05:48 PM
    My Note 7 had some crazy ghost touches last week, where it's like someone remoting into my phone and tapping randomly on it. After that, I have a lot of unresponsive touches and swipe which can be considered as lags in a way. Now waiting to exchange my units, hoping to solve all issues.
    09-12-2016 08:37 PM
    The note 7 has the most lag of any galaxy device I had since the note 3...hopefully it just needs some software updates Cuz I enjoyed the device when it ran smooth..maybe it was samsung cloud running in background and Knox causing it
    09-12-2016 08:50 PM
    Well the speculation is already starting that Samsung may end up scraping the Note 7 all together at this point (USA Today). And yes I understand, that's just speculation. And I hope it doesn't happen. But with the bad press, rightly so it's getting, I can see it happening.

At this point, I'm not going to hold my breath waiting for it. May turn my attention to the LG V20 or the new Nexus/Pixel/Google device or I guess the S7EDGE<SIGH>
    09-12-2016 09:05 PM
    Well the speculation is already starting that Samsung may end up scraping the Note 7 all together at this point (USA Today). And yes I understand, that's just speculation. And I hope it doesn't happen. But with the bad press, rightly so it's getting, I can see it happening.

At this point, I'm not going to hold my breath waiting for it. May turn my attention to the LG V20 or the new Nexus/Pixel/Google device. <SIGH>
    Not impossible, that's how stink Note 7 reputation is now. Hopefully they dun give up any support on us who are still holding to it.
    09-12-2016 09:11 PM

At this point, I'm not going to hold my breath waiting for it. May turn my attention to the LG V20 or the new Nexus/Pixel/Google device. <SIGH>
    If they scrap it, they better ensure our s7s or S7 edges are free......it would be even worse for them to scrap it...imagine how us pre-order customers would act.
    09-12-2016 09:13 PM
    Say they made only 4-5 million units so far... they'd be better off just stopping production on the Note 7 and concentrate on the S7/Edge. It's a total loss on the Note 7 at this point... forgot how much they lost today $10+ billion in market cap already for 3 weeks of publicity as well continue to damage their rep. The phone is way too expensive now with a rep like this.

With the Brooklyn boy with a Samsung Core... it could open their entire line to investigation if story turns into a bigger firestorm then it already is.

09-12-2016 09:16 PM
    The brass at Samsung really have to be in panic mode. There market value has 14.3 b, billion dollars in a week (again, per USA Today. I better link to that article to help my credibility). People are going to lose their jobs over this. This is not good at all....even if it's just a very small percentage of devices. It's really really bad.

Samsung's Galaxy Note 7 problems are getting worse
    09-12-2016 09:18 PM
    Sadly, i just packed mine up today to return it. I cant stand the lag, it got really bad at one point during the day. It literally took at times, about 2.5 seconds from finger print unlock to open the phone and not because of errors, just good old lag. I can't believe this is happening but hey, anything's possible. The battery life has left me completely empty on several occasions before i get to my house at 7pm. Believe me I'm trying to be objective here and fair with the amount of use compared( I absolutely love the looks of this phone and most of its features). I know i can't compare battery life with one day of heavy use vs another of light.

I didn't do any smart switch, clean setup, currently on T-mobile. The signal also has been an issue, i get less reception in the same places i go through out the day than with any prior phones.

Things aren't horrible but not worth the $900 i spent, no way in hell.
    May I ask how on earth this happens? I have a Galaxy S5 and it runs buttery smooth. On a a few rare occasions, I notice a slowing and stuttering, so I restart it and all is good again. But like I say, it's a rare event.

How on earth can a phone 2 yrs later in development be having performance issues like this? This mighty Snapdragon 820 vs my 801.
    09-12-2016 09:26 PM
    Can People that have previously owne recent models of Samsung tell me... how is Samsung in releasing updates after new new phone has been released? Especially within the first year of phone released?

It is really interesting to hear comments of people that have had a couple/few weeks of use on the Note 7 go to a S7/Edge and comment a noticeable difference in performance and less lag using the other models... I know lag was to be expected since most android site reviews have commented seeing it as well as many Note 7 reviews also corroborate lag like Flossy.

A little lag I can live with... it's not a Nexus so I don't expect it and touchwiz is notorious... but I'm hoping that during the year Samsung can push updates when needed to fix bugs. Outside Nexus my only other android exprience was LG G2 G3 and to be honest besides an OS upgrade a year later, I don't remember getting any regular updates.

The recent comments giving a comparison is very interesting.
    First 2 years are pretty great, compared to anything not nexus. Samsung is pretty much the only OEM to give the monthly security updates. But the yearly OS update tends to come out a little late, compared to some other oems.
    09-12-2016 09:27 PM
958 ... 2930313233 ...