10-04-2016 10:08 AM
958 ... 3233343536 ...
tools
    If yall are having problems with lag.
    what have you done about it.

Samsung Galaxy Note 7 Is Not So Perfect; Consumers Experiencing Freezing, Lag Issues : Tech : iTech Post
    CincyGuy and giper54 like this.
    09-16-2016 02:11 PM
    Why the hell would you need to hard reset or do some tricks? Shouldn't a thousand dollar phone with a octa core latest processor and 4gb of ram, JUST work?
    amyf27, Auer, qnet and 1 others like this.
    09-16-2016 03:50 PM
    Why the hell would you need to hard reset or do some tricks? Shouldn't a thousand dollar phone with a octa core latest processor and 4gb of ram, JUST work?
    What has the price of the phone got to do with anything.

You'd think the phone should do whatever cause you spend 900.00

Does the phone know how much you spent on it.

You've downloaded apps and probably made a bunch of changes to it.
    Something could be interfering with it from a site you went to.
    Its a Computer.
    You think you just buy them and do nothing to them.
    They take care of themselves.
    09-16-2016 03:57 PM
    Everytime I hear lag on a Note 7...it comes with the story about how the user used smart switch....so I'm going to say...don't use smart switch
    09-16-2016 04:05 PM
    Ahhhh

I've used smart switch for years.
    Haven't had any problems
    09-16-2016 04:07 PM
    I don't mind doing a factory reset when I get a new phone out of box... may sound weird, maybe from my tech support days with IBM but I don't mind making sure I have a freshly reset system and start disabling bloat before setting up a phone.

Going into developer mode... I knew that stuff when I had my Nexus 4... but I don't want to go into developer mode and turn off things and don't feel like I should if the manufacturer set it that way from the start... yes especially a $900 phone to compensate over a bloated UI over other phones. If you think that's slly then use this example... I think it's cool you can reduce resolution and heard it makes the phone much faster... but it's cheesy to do on a phone that comes with such a hi res hi quality screen.

I can go with nova launcher... but only if I really want to change the look for personal pref... not to go around a laggy touchwiz.

Just saying it should perform like a flaghip out of the box and reasonable to expect it stay that way in general with average apps and use that other do on other phones.

I just mentioned one thing i noticed using S-pen... but it's one reason i want to get that phone... so it's a little annoying. but not a deal breaker right now.

Its a Computer.
    speedlever and DamianP like this.
    09-16-2016 04:13 PM

Its a Computer.
    If I only spend a couple hundred bucks on a phone, I don't expect top-of-the-line components and ram. On a pricey current flagship with all top of the line components, I expect nothing less than an optimized phone that runs like greased lightning. Lag is unacceptable, especially the lag I've seen in videos of the Note7.

It makes me wonder if the lag is carrier/bloatware induced or if the N7 was simply released before adequate QC on the total package was performed. Why some users have lag and some do not is a mystery to me. Regardless, it shouldn't come out of the box like that. And just to clarify, those of you experiencing lag... did your N7 lag out of the box? Or only after you loaded it up with apps?

I'd love to see an app that can track down lag inducing apps so we can better identify issues that cause the phone to respond slowly/drain the battery, etc.
    09-16-2016 08:54 PM
    I would have thought that since folks can get rid of their "laggy" Note 7's now, this thread would be about done with any big lag complaints. Why keep complaining when you can move on to another device? Seems no excuse otherwise at this point in time.

Just move on and be done with it
    Ca_lvn, lanenubia and msndrstood like this.
    09-16-2016 08:57 PM
    Well if you want a pen, the Note 7 is the only game in town. And that's the situation I am in.

Honestly, if you don't care about sPen at all and base phone with remaining specs minus Spen, would the Note 7 would still be your choice for best phone? For me, NO. Without a pen I would save $500 and get a One Plus 3 or ZTE Axon 7.

If you want the pen it's the Note 7... but if I find some things worth noting I'm gonna that concern and bother me about it, Im not gonna pretend it doesn't exist. I'll talk about it and see if there are people that find the same thing or not and talk about it. You hope if you find it's a real issue, you talk about it to find a solution to it or hope Samsung listens to our feedback and addresses it in an update or fix for next phone.

From asking my friend that is a regular user, doesn't care about forums, and get his opinion and from little chances I get to play with his phone... I find lag. Enough to be surprised but not deter me at the price I can get this phone for. also, I'm kinda hoping that Nougat comes out within a few months and it will help smooth things out and fix some issues.

I would have thought that since folks can get rid of their "laggy" Note 7's now, this thread would be about done with any big lag complaints. Why keep complaining when you can move on to another device? Seems no excuse otherwise at this point in time.

Just move on and be done with it
    Roman Akert likes this.
    09-16-2016 10:24 PM

]
    Dun see any lag in this video, it's just removing the animation to make the transitions faster. But transition animation is what makes an OS feels "polished" if done well. I dun like to completely remove it.
    09-16-2016 10:48 PM
    I do not have any Lag at all. This will stop the Lag:
    CincyGuy and Dukins like this.
    09-17-2016 06:55 AM

]
    I do not have any Lag at all. This will stop the Lag:
    Couple of good tips in both these videos. Back on my 6p after returning my N7, which did have some lag. Great position I'm in right now. Will wait and see what the Pixel phones bring to the table, and will wait and see how the N7 plays out. Either way I can easily wait until the Black Friday time frame. If the Pixel phones are "meh" and the N7 new phones don't have battery issues, maybe I'll get an N7 again. Especially if they go on sale around Black Friday because they aren't selling well. I will say, being back to the huge size of 6p and that washed out screen (ugh) kind of sucks compared to the gorgeous N7 screen.
    giper54 likes this.
    09-17-2016 07:19 AM
    The most absolute way to get rid of the big lag is get another device now. Fixed! I have yet to encounter a device without lag, including my sons iPhone, bloat free MXPE and the iPad Pro I'm typing this on now.

Seriously, go to another field where the lag free grass is greener and the cows make lag-free milk. Moooo!
    09-17-2016 07:37 AM

Its a Computer.
    LMAO, uh Yes? That's exactly how it should be. It's a Samsung Flagship device. Not a Chinese knock off with home brew software. My MXPE was buttery smooth and lag free, weirdly, right out of the box. I didn't have to "take care of it". I installed my apps and then used the phone...for months, without issues.

As to your claim that I downloaded a bunch of apps....yes..that's what you do with these devices, you put apps on them. "And Probably made a bunch of changes" > no that's the whole point is that you shouldn't have to make a bunch of changes. That was YOUR advice
    09-17-2016 10:07 AM
    Anybody with lag or having battery problems tried this.

How to Hard/Factory Reset Galaxy Note 7 for a Better Performance
    Yes this just about worked for me. Still had issues of missing characters whist typing though as if the screen was not responding to 10% of screen touches.
    I turned off haptic feedback altogether now screen responds to 99% of screen touches.
    09-17-2016 10:28 AM
    Agreed but my Note 7 almost lagged to a halt and a factory reset seems to have worked for me. Also turning off haptic feedback helped. The lag has now completely gone up to now. There is however a slight screen unresponsive issue where it misses the odd character whilst typing but no where near as much as it did.
    ******2 weeks in with the replacement********
    Now take it for granted that I can spell, but the following update will be typed with the remaining screen unresponsiveness that is still present in the replacement for you to see. So when you see a missing letter you'll know how often it happens, ok? Here goes.. Turning off the hptic fedback and sounds hs stopped the lag although the screen unesponsiveness still remains as you can see. Culd you cope with this probem while texting? Because i find it more than mildly annoying. What ya think o this from a £700 phon then folks?
    09-17-2016 10:37 AM
    Sorry if this was already posted but I just noticed there was an update to SmartSwitch available on my N7. New version is 3.3.01-4. I didn't have the lag problem but there was an occasional stutter switching between apps. This update seems to have improved that.
    09-17-2016 11:04 AM
    LMAO, uh Yes? That's exactly how it should be. It's a Samsung Flagship device. Not a Chinese knock off with home brew software. My MXPE was buttery smooth and lag free, weirdly, right out of the box. I didn't have to "take care of it". I installed my apps and then used the phone...for months, without issues.

As to your claim that I downloaded a bunch of apps....yes..that's what you do with these devices, you put apps on them. "And Probably made a bunch of changes" > no that's the whole point is that you shouldn't have to make a bunch of changes. That was YOUR advice
    I've noticed this type of response amongst others and I must confess that I find it extremely irritating-and to be honest, embarrassing. A flagship phone in 2016 with 4GB RAM should not have lag, stutter and performance issues straight out of the box. You shouldn't have to limit apps, disable bloat, go into developer mode and disable animations, change your launcher and all the myriad of suggestions like this.

It's embarrassing, imagine an iphone user perusing these forums and reading all this. In my case, I am using a Galaxy S5 and so I have done all these things except for a new launcher. But this is a phone 2 yrs old now with half the RAM of the Note 7. But these days, With flagships having double the RAM and more than double the benchmarks of my phone, they should be flawless out of the box.

No excuses about bloat, apps and other things.
    Savoy and qnet like this.
    09-17-2016 11:11 AM
    Sorry if this was already posted but I just noticed there was an update to SmartSwitch available on my N7. New version is 3.3.01-4. I didn't have the lag problem but there was an occasional stutter switching between apps. This update seems to have improved that.
    Thanks!
    I never used smart switch, I wouldn't trust it. It just makes more sense to install everything fresh.
    My phone was a lot more than a stutter...it would go frame by frame sometimes 3-4 seconds switching from My Uber Driver to Maps and other apps too...My Honor 8 I have now...until there's a software update for the N7..... does this instantly with no lag at all...it's literally a 3x faster overall phone than the Note 7....

When I returned my N7 to T-Mobile, the guy said there have been others complaining about how slow the phone is. I played with a Galaxy J7 or something like that while I was waiting, and that phone was noticeably faster, lol...
    09-17-2016 11:17 AM
    That's what I like to hear! That Samsung can push updates and it can have an effect on bugs that we are noticing. hope they keep it up. When a company goes beyond a standard UI experience and adds features and is feature-rich... it will require much more support from the manufacturers.

I loved my LG G2 and G3 was ok... but I don't remember getting updates from them but luckily they ran well and their UI's were not so feature rich as Samsungs.

09-17-2016 11:18 AM
    This year alone... two phones I reference a lot... One Plus 3 and ZTE Axom 7... they are showing you that you can get flagship specs and construction and show you their phones can run with the best of them hundreds of less. I think Nexus set the trend for cleaner UIs and companies like HTC, LG, Motorola have really learned and shown and impressed people with their phones user experiences.

I've noticed this type of response amongst others and I must confess that I find it extremely irritating-and to be honest, embarrassing. A flagship phone in 2016 with 4GB RAM should not have lag, stutter and performance issues straight out of the box. You shouldn't have to limit apps, disable bloat, go into developer mode and disable animations, change your launcher and all the myriad of suggestions like this.

It's embarrassing, imagine an iphone user perusing these forums and reading all this. In my case, I am using a Galaxy S5 and so I have done all these things except for a new launcher. But this is a phone 2 yrs old now with half the RAM of the Note 7. But these days, With flagships having double the RAM and more than double the benchmarks of my phone, they should be flawless out of the box.

No excuses about bloat, apps and other things.
    09-17-2016 11:24 AM
    That's what I like to hear! That Samsung can push updates and it can have an effect on bugs that we are noticing. hope they keep it up. When a company goes beyond a standard UI experience and adds features and is feature-rich... it will require much more support from the manufacturers.

I loved my LG G2 and G3 was ok... but I don't remember getting updates from them but luckily they ran well and their UI's were not so feature rich as Samsungs.
    This should be expected on any Android phone. It's not like iOS where there is more focus on quality control, optimizations and bugs. Android has too many flavors to keep up with. But that conversation is beating a dead horse. 😂
    09-17-2016 11:28 AM
    All,

Been lurking through this forum and the xda forums. I also have been experiencing lag.
    Was on the xda forums and someone mentioned changing the scaling from small to large. Not sure if it's a placebo effect, but the phone does seem snappier. Will test more tomorrow. But for the lag users, try changing the scale from small to large. See if that helps.
    Which one of these? Each can be scaled 10x...
    Attached Thumbnails Note 7 - This lag is unfreakingbelievable-21514.jpg  
    09-17-2016 01:55 PM
    Which one of these? Each can be scaled 10x...
    Change from 1x to . 5x
    09-17-2016 01:59 PM
    Change from 1x to . 5x
    I put it to 5x first and was like "yeah this isn't right"...lol. .5 made it alot snappier, especially with the My ATT app...thanks!
    09-17-2016 04:16 PM
958 ... 3233343536 ...