10-04-2016 10:08 AM
958 ... 678910 ...
tools
    Well..yeah...out of millions of phones and only a tiny fraction of that flocking to forums to talk about problems...it's highly likely we'd see any issues more transparently.

I tested because in my brain..it made sense that the phone software for Sprints CDMA network is an extra layer and might make that activity somewhat slower. It just didn't work out in my testing...hence...probably a bum decide, he's had other issues too!
    08-24-2016 04:07 PM
    I don't disagree with you, but do you think it's possible to have that many phones with issues?
    Yes, and no. Define many? I bet in the end it turns out to be a few. Also android and tw gets the blame for a lot of user caused issues.

Mine is smooth. Solid. I also dont believe that will change over the coming months (people say phones slow down with use... umm, no, not if you taof care of them)
    08-24-2016 04:07 PM
    I think the apps are not right. My note 5 had no issue with Pokemon go. Note 7 pauses every time a ball hits a Pokemon. Funny thing is my wife has a S7 and hers does the same thing. It's not lag...apps are not right for this chip. Other than things like that it rolls wide open. Google needs to start checking popular apps.
    My Note 5 pauses sometimes at that same time. Been doing it off and on for a couple of weeks now.
    08-24-2016 04:18 PM
    Thanks, where in settings can I find the info?
    I don't know that it's in the settings, I've never seen it in there. In the General Management section it will give you the model number, and from there you would have to find out what processor that model has.
    08-24-2016 04:23 PM
    Would be cool to get that list of what is safe to remove using this. I did it for my Note 5 but in reality I don't think it really improved the overall experience all that much. I used it to get rid of all the dumb stuff installed like NFL Mobile and all the Verizon stuff
    Generally or at least it used to be, anything with the name in Pink was considered "bloat". If you tell it to disable all bloat those are the ones it will disable.

Now there are apps that are considered bloat that many use, so YMMV.
    08-24-2016 04:24 PM
    I'll say that while it's still an overall very speedy phone, it has slowed down a bit since launch day. If that doesn't get worse, then no bother. If it continues to get worse, then big problem.
    08-24-2016 04:27 PM
    I don't experience the lag the OP describes. And then again when setting up my Note7 I immediately started using Nova Launcher as that's what was restored in my device upon setup. So I haven't even had a chance to use the TouchWiz Launcher. I've never liked it anyway. I also disabled all the AT&T bloat.
    08-24-2016 04:28 PM
    Half the time , when i swipe and goto the homescreen the apps lag alittle. Closing some apps too isn't very smooth. Drives me crazy. Verizon, factory reset 3 times, still did it with no installed apps.
    08-24-2016 04:36 PM
    You might want to get into the phone with ADB. There are some apps that can be hidden from the system so they won't actually start. Even if you can't disable them in the user interface, you can stop their madness from ever starting after a reboot.
    Once set up with ADB, do "adb shell" from the command line.
    (I'm not going to go into detail on how to get or setup ADB. Users that can't do that probably shouldn't be messing around in the command line portion of the phone anyway.)
    Type "pm list packages" to get a list of all the packages on your device. Once you figure out which ones are being naughty, do a "pm hide PackageName" to stop the system from seeing it.
    Don't be too overzealous though. You can hide some pretty important apps with this method. There are lists out there of apps people think are OK to hide if you need some guidance.
    I prefer to use package disabler pro
    Kelly Kearns likes this.
    08-24-2016 04:38 PM
    My device is fluid and I did smart switch and moved 33 gigs over from my Note 5.....no lag ...Super happy with my purchase...
    08-24-2016 04:51 PM
    Carriers should release updates to fix stability issues or maybe you can ask for an exchange to another note 7.
    08-24-2016 04:52 PM
    Just experienced some heavy lag drawing the notification shade down while navigating with maps. It happens here and there. Phone is otherwise fine.

This phone is more powerful than some PCs. Lag should be unacceptable, especially when typing
    crystinonfire likes this.
    08-24-2016 04:53 PM
    I don't disagree with you, but do you think it's possible to have that many phones with issues?
    I'd love to know how many people are actually, legitimately having issues versus jumping on the age-old bandwagon of "TouchWiz lags". Yes, this phone is suspectable to slowdowns and "jank" from time to time. So is every other phone out there. If anything, I appreciate the fact that it's random and generally not duplicated as opposed to things like the Nexus camera app where it's persistent and unavoidable.

Posted via the Android Central App
    08-24-2016 05:19 PM
    Just experienced some heavy lag drawing the notification shade down while navigating with maps. It happens here and there. Phone is otherwise fine.

This phone is more powerful than some PCs. Lag should be unacceptable, especially when typing
    I did see some lag doing similar on my note 7... However the HTC 10 with the same s820 lagged much worse,and also got way hotter.
    08-24-2016 06:24 PM
    I'd love to know how many people are actually, legitimately having issues versus jumping on the age-old bandwagon of "TouchWiz lags". Yes, this phone is suspectable to slowdowns and "jank" from time to time. So is every other phone out there. If anything, I appreciate the fact that it's random and generally not duplicated as opposed to things like the Nexus camera app where it's persistent and unavoidable.

The lag is unbearable. But than again I'm use to Nexus phones and iphones. I'm forced to return my 7 today do to the lag I personally can't handle it. Loved the phone but the lag ma. It's just so bad
    08-24-2016 06:30 PM
    Personally, I think the lag is being caused by something the user did. Kind of like how my Note 5 was overheating and had screen on time of about 45 minutes but was fixed when I did a factory data reset.
    msndrstood likes this.
    08-24-2016 06:52 PM
    The lag is unbearable. But than again I'm use to Nexus phones and iphones. I'm forced to return my 7 today do to the lag I personally can't handle it. Loved the phone but the lag ma. It's just so bad
    Well for me, there was no noticeable difference for me with my Nexus 5, Note 4 or Note 5, granted I do more with my Note.

An "unbearable lag" is not normal.
    msndrstood likes this.
    08-24-2016 06:55 PM
    Well for me, there was no noticeable difference for me with my Nexus 5, Note 4 or Note 5, granted I do more with my Note.

An "unbearable lag" is not normal.
    Or people are using hyperbole and exaggerating how bad it is, which is most likely.
    08-24-2016 06:57 PM
    I would like to see a video of these "unbearably laggy" phones. Show me this huge lag.
    anon(5630457) and msndrstood like this.
    08-24-2016 06:57 PM
    I came from a Nexus 6P and I'm not seeing that whatsoever. For the record, all things equal and working properly, there's very little difference in performance between the two.

Kelly Kearns and msndrstood like this.
    08-24-2016 06:58 PM
    Yeah, I'm not buying this. There is zero lag on this device.
    08-24-2016 07:12 PM
    I wish someone would record their "laggy" phone, when it is at it's worst. Talking about it just isn't the same as SEEING it. I'm sure you all have another phone to record it from; or a camera. 60fps would be nice...
    msndrstood likes this.
    08-24-2016 07:13 PM
    Yeah, I'm not buying this. There is zero lag on this device.
    I haven't really encountered anything out of the normal myself. There's bound to be instances where it stutters, but every phone does that. Scrolling is quick, app launching is quick, the camera fires up extremely quick, and typing hasn't been a problem whatsoever (granted I'm using Google's keyboard).

But this happens every year. Wouldn't be a Galaxy launch if it didn't.

Kelly Kearns likes this.
    08-24-2016 07:23 PM
    Personally, I think the lag is being caused by something the user did. Kind of like how my Note 5 was overheating and had screen on time of about 45 minutes but was fixed when I did a factory data reset.
    Opening the box and having the phone lag is hardly a user problem. I also spent a full day disabling stuff and restarting the phone. Watch reviews of the phone there all lagging. Like I said the phone isn't to bad screen,camera,spen. If your use to a laggy phone from the note or Samsung brand of phones it won't bother you. The gif maker was a major let Down though ;(
    08-24-2016 07:37 PM
    I'm on At&t and yet to have experienced all this you guys are talking about!! More complaining and whining about the Note 7 here than anything...
    msndrstood likes this.
    08-24-2016 07:38 PM
958 ... 678910 ...