Note 7 - This lag is unfreakingbelievable

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThrottleJohnny

Trusted Member
Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
Android is not laggy. Samsung and LG skins can lag without the proper optimization. TouchWiz has all sorts of animations running in the background that can slow the experience. I highly encourage people to enable developer options and turn down or off animations.

My S7 Edge runs very smoothly. What I'm tired of are arrogant people trying to tell me what I'm experiencing.

Zaku77

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site
Re: This lag is unfreakingbelievable

I'm experiencing no lag, but I'm also on Nova, and I've noticed that had helped in the past when I've had issues (still couldn't save that POS LG G4, though haha).

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site

For the LOVE OF God stop it with this take it back crap when will android fanboys wake up? I'm convinced now people are lieing on forums they are bald straight up lieing . I'm an honest and logical and rational human being . I currently own the note 7. Christ, I've had every phone made . I'm not in denial for Android lag it's SLOW PEOPLE knock it the F off! With this "you've got a bad one" crap

Let's just move on . I like android for it'd other reasons the power user reasons. But I'm not a Tool and I'm not going to lie about how laggy android is

The claims you made throughout this post was proven wrong by the post itself.

This phone is smooth. Everyone says you're a fanboy if your device is fine, but the Samsung anti's display every 'fanboy' characteristic, just in reverse.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site

Moderator Note:

Enhance your calm you must. Read the forum rules, you should. Let me know if you need a link, but take a sec to breathe and chill.

Everyone else, remember debate ISSUES, not the people posting about them.

It is not necessary to join every thread and derail it. Let's try the, "if you can't be helpful, move on" technique. If you have something productive to contribute, by all means. If you're here to antagonize people, gotta remember which team your on. You're currently playing for the Android nerds team. Stop with the friendly fire.

Last edited:

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site

I'm convinced there's people who log onto these forums every year for the Galaxy launches and claim this. Wouldn't be a launch without it. I must be the luckiest guy in the world because after the following: S3, Note, S4, Note 2, S5, Note 3, S6 Edge, Note 4, S7/S7 Edge, and now Note 7, I haven't come close to experiencing these "unfreakingbelieveable" lag fests.

Posted via the Android Central App

It always seems to be people that haven't posted in any other thread in the device's forum, too. Which definitely seems suspect.

That being said, my Note 4 did have a lot of lag but it was still an awesome device.

anon(52425)

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site

Simpsons Tapped Out and Family Guy are horribly laggy compared to my iPhone 6S...It's kind of embarrassing. Other than that, there's lag here and there but I'm hoping Samsung pushes out improvements soon in updates.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site

Some devices get laggy due to an app misbehaving. Some just have poor resource management. I don't know what the OP is experiencing, it may be possible for some people to help troubleshoot. But also could be a lemon or it could be Samsung has no idea how to make phones. I mean other than making more than everyone else combined, they just can't figure out optimization. I don't personally believe they're ignorant, so either they didn't anticipate some peculiar app or something else is going on. Hard to tell without any information.

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
This lag is unfreakingbelievable

I have about 200 apps. But my MXPE runs smoother than this. Screw TouchWiz

I have a Verizon N7 and also have an MXPE. Not seeing the lag that was not similar to the MXPE- Android is what it is. Both are good / fast devices with 40GB of apps.

ThrottleJohnny

Trusted Member
Apr 1, 2014
Visit site

I do find it interesting that there are so many lag reports with this device, while there were very few with the S7 / S7 Edge. This leads me to believe it may be a software issue, which hopefully can be improved with an update.

It's something that can happen anywhere, including ...um...Android Central. This app is a mess right now.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site

I do find it interesting that there are so many lag reports with this device, while there were very few with the S7 / S7 Edge. This leads me to believe it may be a software issue, which hopefully can be improved with an update.

It's something that can happen anywhere, including ...um...Android Central. This app is a mess right now.
The big app or the forums app?

Jul 28, 2015
Visit site

For the LOVE OF God stop it with this take it back crap when will android fanboys wake up? I'm convinced now people are lieing on forums they are bald straight up lieing . I'm an honest and logical and rational human being . I currently own the note 7. Christ, I've had every phone made . I'm not in denial for Android lag it's SLOW PEOPLE knock it the F off! With this "you've got a bad one" crap

Let's just move on . I like android for it'd other reasons the power user reasons. But I'm not a Tool and I'm not going to lie about how laggy android is

Uh. Soooo are you for or against Android?

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site

I agree about Android Central app being a mess. I have to re-log in every time I open it, it never takes me to the last post I've read any more (always goes to first post on first page), and often it won't let me post even when I have logged in.

Hurleygm

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site

I agree about Android Central app being a mess. I have to re-log in every time I open it, it never takes me to the last post I've read any more (always goes to first post on first page), and often it won't let me post even when I have logged in.
Thanks! I thought it was me! I was worried that there was something wrong with my account.

I downloaded the forums app and now I don't have any problems.

Back to the topic at hand. I have had this phone since Friday night and have been constantly on it and setting it up since then. All week I have been streaming Sirius Radio and making and receiving phone calls, text messages and emails. I have also not restarted my phone in a week and there is little to no lag.

ajb1965

Trusted Member
Jun 14, 2014
Visit site

It's the big App. You have to log out and log back in every time you leave.

There's a thread on this in the Site Discussion forum. James said they would take a look at it.

As far as lag, I must be lucky or just don't notice it. No noticeable lag on my S7E (had it since release), and so far so good on my Note. That being said, my GS5 was HORRIBLE!!. I attributed it to Lollipop and quietly moved back to Windows Phone. At the time, lack of apps was not as irritating as the lag lol

ThrottleJohnny

Trusted Member
Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
There's a thread on this in the Site Discussion forum. James said they would take a look at it.

As far as lag, I must be lucky or just don't notice it. No noticeable lag on my S7E (had it since release), and so far so good on my Note. That being said, my GS5 was HORRIBLE!!. I attributed it to Lollipop and quietly moved back to Windows Phone. At the time, lack of apps was not as irritating as the lag lol

It's hard to know without seeing the OP's phone. Is it really Samsung? Or a carrier/connection issue.

Unless everyone is experiencing this, it's an issue with his phone/carrier

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

@OP - Try clearing the device cache within recovery. Maybe it will help. So far mine has been good.

Nutzer

Nov 21, 2010
Visit site
Think the lag is due to scaling

All,

Been lurking through this forum and the xda forums. I also have been experiencing lag.
Was on the xda forums and someone mentioned changing the scaling from small to large. Not sure if it's a placebo effect, but the phone does seem snappier. Will test more tomorrow. But for the lag users, try changing the scale from small to large. See if that helps.

lv2bsilly

May 23, 2011
Visit site

Android is not laggy. Samsung and LG skins can lag without the proper optimization. TouchWiz has all sorts of animations running in the background that can slow the experience. I highly encourage people to enable developer options and turn down or off animations.

My S7 Edge runs very smoothly. What I'm tired of are arrogant people trying to tell me what I'm experiencing.

What do you have your app animations set at? Which setting for all 3?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech