Note 7 - This lag is unfreakingbelievable

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adranalyne

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
Re: This lag is unfreakingbelievable

Or maybe you have never tried a light ROM or Apple?

They make this $900 phone look like a huge rip-off.

Maybe you have had great luck but you list ALL Samsung devices. How can you have an objective opinion?

Ever tried a Nexus device or iPhone for at least 1-2 weeks, as a daily driver?

Samsung was the only relevant OEM in this discussion, but if you want me to elaborate on my list, so be it.

Every iPhone except the SE and 5C. Every Nexus except the original. HTC EVO, EVO 3D, Thunderbolt, M7, M8, 10. LG G2 and G3. Haven't touched the Sony devices. Won't list Blackberry because they haven't been relevant for years.

Pretending there's some massive difference in performance between the 6P/6S/10 and Note 7 is really amusing and just speaks to the semi-annual "OMG the new Samsung lags/TouchWiz sucks!" narrative people seem hell bent on continuing.

Posted via the Android Central App

sangs

Trusted Member
May 9, 2015
Visit site

Mine's going back and I'm sticking with the Moto Z Force. It's mind-boggling to me how much different the experiences are between two phones using the same Snapdragon processor. (Both on Verizon, btw.) Too bad too, because the Note 7 might be the best-looking phone ever.

cardboard60

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site

Think it may be the area you are in and how strong of a signal you are getting.

As you know the better phone signal the faster the phone will operate.
Try it with a good signal and while you are on Wi Fi with a good signal.

I'm on At&T and if I have a strong signal my phone works great.

mindflux

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site

Any idea why when connected to Bluetooth the audio skips if I'm on the phone?

Posted via the Android Central App

Preach2k

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site

Have you gone into the developer options and turned all animation off? That is the first thing I do with every new phone.
30a9f07fbbdf3534e5e19e7ebb47448d.jpg

dfaa9b6079c850b0da8403edf32a948f.jpg

shanghaichica

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site

If it was half the price i would agree, but $1349 where i come from, i would expect it to be just as fast/smooth as its competitor for similar dollars, it is 2016 Samsung.

But it's not like it's slow. It's plenty fast. I'm not going to nitpick over less than a second. All devices have their advantages and disadvantages. I mean look at the iPhone. It's expensive, it can't do half of the things most android phones can but people still find value in it.

Posted from my pink gold S7 edge

j_hansen

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site

Have used N2, N3 and now N4 ( decided to skip the N5 and will wait a bit before getting a N7 ) and ok I have experienced the odd bit og lag but nowhere near to the extent some people are claiming, I wonder if the US carriers are a lot worse than the European ones for messing with the phones as my phones have all been unlocked versions.
To avoid lag I do think it is a good idea to restart the phone on a regular basis ( maybe twice a week ) like you would with your computer ( it could be just in my head of course but I do it anyway )

shanghaichica

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site

I think you should be able to have it all. The nice Samsung features, as well as a smooth, fast Android experience. My Note 5 was smoother than the Note 7 and, one of my favorite phones until the Nexus 6P came out. My S7 Edge runs smooth also.

Well you clearly can't have it all. The nexus phones are clean, fast and get fast updates but they lack most of the features of other phones like galaxies. All phones have these weak points. The idea is to find a phone with the least compromises.

Posted from my pink gold S7 edge

pool_shark

Aug 21, 2010
Visit site

This thread is relatively long, so I did not read every post, I searched and didn't find this, so here goes.
When it was reported that the Note 5 wasn't going to have an SD card, I read several articles that the reason manufacturers were ditching it was due to performance issues.
I'm wondering if the difference between those experiencing lag and those who aren't is the usage of the SD card

There is absolutely no reason why the Note 7 would lag and the Note 5 does not.
Just something to think about.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site

Moderator Note:. Once again, stop going after people. If you have positive and productive comments, share them. If not, don't share. Easy, right?

Dukins

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site

This thread is relatively long, so I did not read every post, I searched and didn't find this, so here goes.
When it was reported that the Note 5 wasn't going to have an SD card, I read several articles that the reason manufacturers were ditching it was due to performance issues.
I'm wondering if the difference between those experiencing lag and those who aren't is the usage of the SD card

There is absolutely no reason why the Note 7 would lag and the Note 5 does not.
Just something to think about.

Good point. I was watching a reviewer on youtube comparing cameras between motoz and note 7 and the note 7 was lagging like crazy. Everyone pretty much tortured him, so he made another video and figured out it was his sd card that was causing the problem. Note 7 cam glitching, lagging, etc. Check your sd cards folks.

coolbreeze78

May 6, 2011
Visit site
The SD is only accessed when it's needed, not all the time. If adoptable storage was enabled, that argument would hold weight. As it is now, I don't see any logic to it slowing the entire phone 24x7.

And for those with AC app login issues. This is 100% fixed. Join the beta track in Google play and update your app.

bgapfire

Aug 14, 2010
Visit site

Wtf Samsung. It was nice for the first few days but now the lag is unbelievable.

Once again, great hardware. Crappy software. Even typing this message was a PITA

Are you experiencing lag or slow animations? A lot of people mix the two up. I don't know you so I don't want to assume anything. Just a general question. I hated the animations on the phone and turned them down. I have enjoyed the phone much more since doing that.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site

Good point. I was watching a reviewer on youtube comparing cameras between motoz and note 7 and the note 7 was lagging like crazy. Everyone pretty much tortured him, so he made another video and figured out it was his sd card that was causing the problem. Note 7 cam glitching, lagging, etc. Check your sd cards folks.
Good point about the sd card. I had a similar problem once(not on my note 7)... A corrupt file on the sd card was to blame

pool_shark

Aug 21, 2010
Visit site

The SD is only accessed when it's needed, not all the time. If adoptable storage was enabled, that argument would hold weight. As it is now, I don't see any logic to it slowing the entire phone 24x7.

And for those with AC app login issues. This is 100% fixed. Join the beta track in Google play and update your app.

How do you know when it is needed for other users?
Can't some apps, even partially, be moved to the SD card?
Perhaps many users have done that or are accessing pictures that they have stored there, or access notification tones, etc.

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site

Still not seeing the lag people are reporting. I do with my Lenovo Pro 3, since has 2G ram, of which 1/3 of that is allocated to the projector module. That tablet is a laggy mess, but I use it for multimedia and games (great for those things)- not as a tasking tablet. Have an iPad Pro for that.

sangs

Trusted Member
May 9, 2015
Visit site

That's all fine and dandy, but I use an SD card (same one) in my Moto Z Force and no lag issues whatsoever.

anon(67796)

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site

People who are changing their animation scale, I find that to do more harm and make the transitios have a jarring effect. Once I changed mine back to 1x, if felt ALOT smoother IMO.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site

Every phone has some lag. The Note 7 does slightly lag more frequently than my htc 10 on normal situations.

However I use my phone as navigation while fast charging in direct sunlight on my dash. In this scenario, the htc 10 battery got to 130°F after about 10 minutes and very very heavily throttled performance. The Note 7 in similar situation got to 105°F yesterday and lagged very little after this usage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
teapotsax