Note 7 - This lag is unfreakingbelievable

Status
Not open for further replies.

SteelGator

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
I agree that they have definitely come a long way, but instead of making useless apps like Samsung pay (basically a duplicate of Android pay), they need to focus on their software. They also need to stop making a gazillion different devices so stop fragmentation.

What? Samsung Pay is the most advanced mobile payment system available. Clearly out paces Android Pay and Apple Pay.

Apps that are useless to you are likely not useless for everybody. Looking at the scoreboard (devices sold), I'd say Samsung's model is working pretty well, and mass consumers like the offering.

People that are tech heads and benchmark geeks (said with affection!) just are not targets for Samsung (judging on their marketing strategy).

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Zero lag issues but the again I don't feel the need to have 200 apps installed at all times. Also,it may just be a case of your device updating apps in the background causing the lag. Try going into airplane mode and see of the lag still persist.
I have 161 apps and no lag that isn't attributable to the app itself due to splash screen etc. I am not using an sd card and I have a hunch sd card may slow it down...but I have no actual tech knowledge. None. LOL

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
I agree that they have definitely come a long way, but instead of making useless apps like Samsung pay (basically a duplicate of Android pay), they need to focus on their software. They also need to stop making a gazillion different devices so stop fragmentation.
Samsung Pay is vastly different from Android Pay, though, as it supports MST, meaning that it can be used in a lot more places, even without NFC terminals, provided that your card is supported.

Android Pay is NFC-only, so its reach is limited.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
What? Samsung Pay is the most advanced mobile payment system available. Clearly out paces Android Pay and Apple Pay.

Apps that are useless to you are likely not useless for everybody. Looking at the scoreboard (devices sold), I'd say Samsung's model is working pretty well, and mass consumers like the offering.

People that are tech heads and benchmark geeks (said with affection!) just are not targets for Samsung (judging on their marketing strategy).

Most don't understand the technology behind Samsung Pay.

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Folks, there are reasons (to this point) why Apple left the iPhones at FHD for displays: Battery life and performance (Apple stated that and not my conjecture). If you change the the Note 7 to FHD, it performs faster than with QHD and the battery life lasts iPhone 6+ level. Even at FHD, my N7 still looks better than my son's iPhone due to the better contrast.
Most of the benchmarks are tech funny, since compare a device that is pushing half the pixels. The impact to the GPU, cache, app and memory management is huge.

Wiley_11

May 10, 2011
Visit site
Jeebus! Will somebody please start a "Does Your Note 7 Lag" poll so I don't have to read through all these useless *lag* threads. :D

donm527#IM

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Question... how good is Samsung with software updates? Cause they do get firmware updates right? And some apps like AOD get updates right? Hopefully whatever issues people are having now like lag, etc... that they send updates regularly in hopes of resolving some issues like these.

When I had my LG G2 and G3... I don't remember ever getting software updates from the manufacturer or LG ever updating any of their apps. Don't know if it was even possible. I believe you just had to except when you got a new phone with the latest OS you were pretty much stuck with what you had until you got the next OS upgrade a year later.

That is one of my concerns about getting the Note 7 after using an iPhone for most of this year... I do like that Apple is able to and has been sending out updates all year. They don't just release iOS9 and then stuck with bugs until iOS10 and not at the mercy of the carriers to release it while have to live with bugs that could have been fixed months ago. iOS 9.3.5 just came out today with about a month before iOS 10 due for release.

Deke218

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site
Sorry to say, you must be in complete denial. Everyone knows Samsung's TouchWiz was even more horrendous prior to the s7.

Everyone? I must have missed the memo or someone forgot to tell my Note 2, 3 ,4 and 7 that everyone knows they are horrendous.

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
Re: This lag is unfreakingbelievable

The app has been updated and fixed this issue. Ensure to update your app.

I'm still not seeing it take me to my previous post in the thread. It used to be that if I had read to post #123, the next time I logged in it would take me back there. Now it's only taking me to the first post of the first page.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

Nanope

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
Zero lag issues but the again I don't feel the need to have 200 apps installed at all times. Also,it may just be a case of your device updating apps in the background causing the lag. Try going into airplane mode and see of the lag still persist.

Lol go into airplane mode this is why I'm still reading Android forums for stuff like this. Thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.