Note 7 - This lag is unfreakingbelievable

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
Nobody complain if I didn't read every Post in this huge thread, but I read enough. I read enough to know that people are saying that stock Android devices are these blazingly fast things with zero lag compared to the horribly slow Note 7. Here's an interesting video from YouTube showing the real, actual lag on a stock Android device, the pixel C. This is made by Google, so for all intents and purposes, it is a Nexus device. Tell me if you've seen any worse lag on the Note 7 than how long it takes for this device to go from an app to the home screen. It's the very first thing so don't blink or you'll miss it. This, ladies and gentlemen, on a plain vanilla stock Android tablet is the definition of lag
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ewgKabntryw
LMAO that is supposed to be really laggy? There is no way that anyone has so little time in their lives that devices that take an eye blink to launch apps take too long.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Nobody complain if I didn't read every Post in this huge thread, but I read enough. I read enough to know that people are saying that stock Android devices are these blazingly fast things with zero lag compared to the horribly slow Note 7. Here's an interesting video from YouTube showing the real, actual lag on a stock Android device, the pixel C. This is made by Google, so for all intents and purposes, it is a Nexus device. Tell me if you've seen any worse lag on the Note 7 than how long it takes for this device to go from an app to the home screen. It's the very first thing so don't blink or you'll miss it. This, ladies and gentlemen, on a plain vanilla stock Android tablet is the definition of lag
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ewgKabntryw

I have never experienced lag on any of my devices like what I saw from pressing the home button until the homescreen appeared.

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
It is a perfectly reasonable response. Here is the truth.
Samsung speeds vs Apple speeds:
Start-up: iPhone 6S wins
System-level features and first party apps: Tie
Third party apps: Varies
Gaming and GPU-intensive apps: iPhone 6S wins
Browsing: Note 7 wins
But is based on the iPhone pushing half the pixels. Of course the iPhone would win. Sad if it did not.

The efforts in the videos are subjective. Not science in any rational knowing mind.

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
I counted four seconds between the time he pressed the home key and when the home screen came up. Much worse than anything I've seen on any Samsung phone. So if you say that is not laggy... Well my Note 7 is much snappier than the device you say is not slow.
I see nothing in that video nearly that long and I'm using YouTube to count for me.

But is based on the iPhone pushing half the pixels. Of course the iPhone would win. Sad if it did not.

The efforts in the videos are subjective. Not science in any rational knowing mind.
Well, yeah. The GPU-intensive apps and games take longer on the Note 7 because it is pushing twice the resolution as the iPhone.

Hurleygm

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I counted four seconds between the time he pressed the home key and when the home screen came up. Much worse than anything I've seen on any Samsung phone. So if you say that is not laggy... Well my Note 7 is much snappier than the device you say is not slow.
Just did the same thing with a home button and it was definitely less than a second. That was after scrolling through a few pages on this lovely forum.

Are you talking seconds? Like one Mississippi.. Two Mississippi..?

Not trying to be condescending, but that is a really long time!

If so, no wonder why you all are so fired up.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
There are a number of reasons why an idle device could lag on the first button press. The device in that video was perfectly fine afterwards. Much ado about nothing.

Well the point was.. The lag with the home button press was bad and it is pure Android.

Nothing like that happens with Samsung devices and supposedly Samsung devices lag and pure Android doesn't.

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
No, it is a very valid point lol

We are being told Samsung lag is of apocalyptic proportions because of TouchWiz and pure Android is fast as the speed of light.

I have never seen any lag on any Samsung device like I just saw on that pure Android, not even on a retail model.
I think I may have been confused on what he was trying to say with that video.

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site

Unless you've changed your mind in the last two pages, I don't think you realize that you and CouragetoChange are fighting the same fight. You're saying the lag is not a big problem in the Note 7, and he is saying that even pure Android has lag at times, so saying that the Note 7 is terrible in comparison to pure android is a joke.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
I have, but you have to go back to the budget prepaid phones of about 2010. The pixel C on the other hand is the latest and greatest tablet from Google, less than a year old

Well I've always bought the flagship phones. My mom has a Galaxy Core Prime and I don't think I've ever seen lag like that on hers.

ThrottleJohnny

Trusted Member
Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
And bottom line. The phone buying public could care less about ANY of this. So saying Samsung doesn't deserve their success is malarkey. The public doesn't notice it or care.

What do they care about? A phone that caters to their everyday needs. Oh, and the best screen, camera, water resistance, expandable storage and features.

My friends would laugh at every thing else in this thread lol

Not to be mean, but if I went on and on about milliseconds of speed, they would tell me to enjoy my phone and get a life.

Adranalyne

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
This site has had zero problems in the past blasting a device for performance issues. Your mileage may vary, but labeling the Note 7 as some laggy mess is just incorrect.

Attachments

• 208.jpg
    208.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 103

Lyndon Irvine

Jul 11, 2014
Visit site
Wow. Having read the threads in this section I admit I am a bit nervous. I am about to purchase the Note 7 coming from a Note 4. So I could do with the update. But lag is not something I would expect from a Note. Never has that issue before with my Note 2, 3 and 4. (Before that I was into Apple) I have 2 friends here in Canada that pre-ordered it so I think I'll hold out a bit and see what their experience is like before making my purchase.

crystinonfire

Jan 29, 2013
Visit site
Everyone's n7 lags. It'd just most ppl don't understand or even know what lag is. Every review from pocketnow to smaller reviews like flossy Carter all there note have lagged. Like I said earlier it's a nice phone that looks amazing but if your not use to Samsung's laggy setup it will drive you nuts. If you are a Samsung user it won't bother you one bit. A for sure buy if you have used Samsung. If not test it out on some 14 day plan. I loved the phone just couldn't handle the lag
I'm coming from a Note 5, longtime Samsung user, and I for sure notice the lag. This N7 is much laggier than my N5

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
Mod Note: Android Central is a community full of Androids fans and enthusiasts, each with their own device choice, usage pattern, wants/needs and of course, opinions and experience.

Users are free to share their experience and opinions, provided that they do so in a manner that sticks to the P.U.P.P.A.H. principle.

If you don't agree with someone's experience or opinion, please do not respond in a hostile manner as it will make the problem much worse. Remember P.U.P.P.A.H.

Thanks. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gkapidis