Note 7 - This lag is unfreakingbelievable

Status
Not open for further replies.

shadoweave

Sep 13, 2015
Visit site
Perhaps because most folks here understand that Android itself is a systemic issue and then certain apps (ones that do not follow Android framework guidelines) can exacerbate the issues. Android uses a code translation layer, plus has more challenged cache and ram management. There is a main reason why Apple gets away with half the ram on average and that is due to the power of designing for one progressing platform of hardware. That and having only FHD on their phones are huge performance advantages.

Most appear to not be having issues being articulated and attribute any random lag to what they appear to already know. The answers though to mitigate:

1. Did the issues start with a recent app install?
2. Turn animations off in dev settings if using Wiz, Wiz already does it's own. Adds lag if on.
3. Boot into set-up and clean the cache- then reboot. Sometimes installing in a big batch of apps on a new device can cause issues.
4. Return the device

Whatever the case, complaining about it with no apparent effort to fix/understand it does not come across well in forums like this.

I just switched off touch wiz. I did the boot/wipe cache. I done have many apps installed and disables all the carrier and Sammy bloat I could. I lowered animations to .5

I'm now watching battery and wifi use. Killing off notifications that I don't need etc :(

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
I just switched off touch wiz. I did the boot/wipe cache. I done have many apps installed and disables all the carrier and Sammy bloat I could. I lowered animations to .5

I'm now watching battery and wifi use. Killing off notifications that I don't need etc :(

You "switched off TouchWiz"? How?

Adranalyne

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
And so then they are posting because? Gloating? Board? Fanatics? Bored?

There's already been a few people who've openly admitted to not having the device who've pushed the "Note 7 Lags" agenda. If you've ever been a part of a Galaxy launch before, there's always going to be people who want to push the lag narrative regardless of whether they have the device, it actually lags, etc. Samsung is just one of those companies along with Apple that gets some people upset.

Infamousx14

Aug 18, 2016
Visit site
is there a full list of system apps to uninstall?

i may have found my battery problem. when i disabled bunch of apps, i didn't change it to system apps option since default option was ALL. I just chose system apps option and there is literally 100 more apps than it is listed under default option of ALL. can someone confirm that i was doing it wrong?

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
is there a full list of system apps to uninstall?

i may have found my battery problem. when i disabled bunch of apps, i didn't change it to system apps option since default option was ALL. I just chose system apps option and there is literally 100 more apps than it is listed under default option of ALL. can someone confirm that i was doing it wrong?

You don't want to disable system apps. You need to choose apps and choose carefully.

cdd543

Apr 12, 2011
Visit site
Mine had pretty bad lag/juttering or frame dropping. Sometimes it was very smooth and performed great and other times it really struggled. This is a similar experience I had on the S935U. For me the 935U was more choppy than the tmobile version of the S7E I had previously so I think some of the variability in experience could be carrier related. On the note 7, I disabled bloatware and, used nova and tried a hard reset and the lag would always come back. I've returned my verizon model and will try a tmobile one as I'm probably switching back to them anyways.

speedlever

Trusted Member
Dec 31, 2011
Visit site
I'm curious why there are no Youtube videos posted showing the Note7 lag? I don't doubt that there are those with irritating lag. But I have yet to see a video that shows it. I've seen reviewers mention lag (including Flossy), but have yet to observe it in the review video.

I am shopping for a new phone and am willing to take my time to become educated before I plunk down the cash.

The thing that most concerns me about the Note7 has nothing to do with lag and everything to do with the edge display. I want to use a screen protector (it doesn't have to be glass) and a case like the Spigen or Speck. I don't want a screen protector that rolls up on the edges. I haven't seen much success in that area yet.

Also, since Nougat has been released, I wonder how long it will be before the N7 comes with Android 7 pre-installed? But I digress from the subject of lag.

anon(661246)

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
I'm curious why there are no Youtube videos posted showing the Note7 lag? I don't doubt that there are those with irritating lag. But I have yet to see a video that shows it. I've seen reviewers mention lag (including Flossy), but have yet to observe it in the review video.

I am shopping for a new phone and am willing to take my time to become educated before I plunk down the cash.

The thing that most concerns me about the Note7 has nothing to do with lag and everything to do with the edge display. I want to use a screen protector (it doesn't have to be glass) and a case like the Spigen or Speck. I don't want a screen protector that rolls up on the edges. I haven't seen much success in that area yet.

Also, since Nougat has been released, I wonder how long it will be before the N7 comes with Android 7 pre-installed? But I digress from the subject of lag.

The thing is there should be no comprises for a phone so expensive.

ThrottleJohnny

Trusted Member
Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
People with real issues are remarkably detailed and specific. The ones with an agenda make dramatic, sweeping generalizations about Samsung and their users.

Very easy to spot the difference

Adranalyne

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
The thing is there should be no comprises for a phone so expensive.

It comes with 64GB internal storage and a 256GB SD card (if you so choose). It's IP68 water/dust resistant. It's a 5.7 inch display in a much smaller form factor. It can fast wirelessly charge or wirelessly charge just about anywhere. It comes with the best stylus/pen experience you can get. It has the best display/camera in any smartphone. Due to Samsung's success, accessories are abundant for this device. It has a 3500 mah battery. It has USB Type C. It has 2 forms of security with the fingerprint/iris scanners.

It's that expensive because it basically has no compromises.

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
What are the compromises on the Note 7?

The overall performance is a slight compromise in my opinion. My experience hasn't been horrible, and I'm not unhappy with my Note 7, but I have a 300 dollar midrange Android phone that has better performance. I get that there are trade offs for all the features. Weird little things like loading times when loading the applications in settings and having to wait a few seconds before scrolling is smooth is definitely a compromise. Not make or break, but a little disappointing.

Also for some reason watching videos in Samsung Internet always have captions that I have to turn off manually. I've checked every setting I can think of. There's nothing checked that would make that happen that I can find. Just a strange occurrence I find slightly annoying. I can just click the CC icon and they turn off.

SteelGator

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site

Not crud. It's a good thing.

Many folks believe the myth that if you use Nova, you are not using TW.

Not only is TW is the launcher, TW is also all the options in settings, TW is your notification shade and everything you can to with it, TW is your S-pen and Notes, TW is the edge panel, TW is AOD.

I am sure there is more, but those are the TW features that jump to mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante