Note 7 - This lag is unfreakingbelievable

Status
Not open for further replies.

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
You all will probably laugh at this, but I turned off briefing and the phone doesn't stutter as as bad.

I turned it off as well, but I'm still getting notifications from it. I don't see in the settings where to disable it. The thing is I love Flipboard and use it all the time. Unfortunately Briefing doesn't sync with my Flipboard acct.

shadoweave

Sep 13, 2015
Visit site
Sometimes iPhone users will notice a difference in speed in some actions. On another thread I mentioned that each has a compromise. iPhone doesn't have as much running in the background and things like widget don't work the same. The Note has many more features.

Also, did you set yours up as a new device or use Smart Switch?

Is there a way to disable background processes in android? I can with iPhone, it's a huge battery saver and I'm guessing in android it would boost performance.

SteelGator

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
I turned it off as well, but I'm still getting notifications from it. I don't see in the settings where to disable it. The thing is I love Flipboard and use it all the time. Unfortunately Briefing doesn't sync with my Flipboard acct.

Settings>Applications>Application Manager>3 Dots menu>show system apps>scroll to Briefing>press Briefing>press disable

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Is there a way to disable background processes in android? I can with iPhone, it's a huge battery saver and I'm guessing in android it would boost performance.

Yes there is, but I never mess with that. I did that once and messed up something.

There are a couple other things.. In the battery stats, did you set most things to always power save?

Also there are two apps called Doze and ShutApp that work great. You can keep a lot from running. Also Greenify is a good app to do that with.

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
Also for some reason watching videos in Samsung Internet always have captions that I have to turn off manually. I've checked every setting I can think of. There's nothing checked that would make that happen that I can find. Just a strange occurrence I find slightly annoying. I can just click the CC icon and they turn off.

I am trying to replicate the issue with video having captions in the stock app. I have tried cnn.com and espn.com and I don't have captions on any videos so far. Can you give an example of when you are seeing them?

Spazzbk

Nov 8, 2015
Visit site
I also experienced some, minor lag, and was quite disappointed that my Note 5 was performing at a lag free pace when compared to my Note 7.

I fixed the lag issue (for now at least) by disabling Gmail. Once I did that the phone ran smooth. I recommended the same to my brother and his is working a lot smoother too. I don't know if it's a placebo effect, but someone else may want to give it a try.

Jun 20, 2016
Visit site
OMG cant believe it .touchwiz again showed its colors. My friend also bought it but he says 6p is smoother than note 7. I wondered its the touchwiz because note 7 is a powerhouse when it comes to raw hardware. Inspite of this i dunno why m in love with note 7 but its too much expensive for me :(

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site

If you want iPhone 6+ like results for performance and battery life, please do the following:

Go to settings
In dev settings, turn animations Off
Go to battery settings
Go to Med setting option
Customize
Leave display at FHD for medium settings
Turn off display limits
Leave on the Limit background for apps
Turn off CPU limits
Apply/Save

Boom! You now have a device that performs close to the iPhone and equal or better battery life than 6+

The display at FHD still bests the 6+ and the power setting can be turned off and on from slide down option settings in seconds. The battery estimate can understate actual savings, since does not account for GPU heavy apps.

georgi55

Aug 4, 2011
Visit site
Those who are lagging - and I was one of them - until I booted into safe mode once, and rebooted back to regular mode.

All the sudden the phone is like when I took it out of the box and any apps were installed.

Give it a try...

jamesrick80

May 31, 2010
Visit site
If you want iPhone 6+ like results for performance and battery life, please do the following:

Go to settings
In dev settings, turn animations Off
Go to battery settings
Go to Med setting option
Customize
Leave display at FHD for medium settings
Turn off display limits
Leave on the Limit background for apps
Turn off CPU limits
Apply/Save

Boom! You now have a device that performs close to the iPhone and equal or better battery life than 6+

The display at FHD still bests the 6+ and the power setting can be turned off and on from slide down option settings in seconds. The battery estimate can understate actual savings, since does not account for GPU heavy apps.
I dont mind a lag here and there...it happens on my ipad pro too...so there is no way that im toning down the features which make the note 7 so great...yes the Phone does too much but its mostly a smooth experience

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
I am trying to replicate the issue with video having captions in the stock app. I have tried cnn.com and espn.com and I don't have captions on any videos so far. Can you give an example of when you are seeing them?

It's pretty much all videos. I made a thread for it, and a couple people verified it's doing it too. They used YouTube to verify it. I got it on theverge, YouTube, here on AC, and a few other places. It's kinda strange.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dedehammac