Note 7 - This lag is unfreakingbelievable

Status
Not open for further replies.

Js2000ster

Aug 26, 2016
Visit site
I did 2 different factory data resets and setup the phone as new. I didn't use smart switch either time to set it up. Both times resulted in the same slow laggy buggy performance as before. The phone was kinda fast at first after the fdr, but eventually after almost a day it got really slow. I can't justify spending 900 dollars on something and having to spend several attempts installing things and have it perform worse than my old note 4.

los318

May 18, 2010
Visit site
I use Pocket Casts. I need to try out Samsung browser with Crystal blocker. Some sites are just impossible to look at (not those sites BTW). I did try out Firefox and it was much better with an ad blocker installed.

FYI. I did the factory reboot and the first thing i'm going to do is disable the apps i don't need then download the my most used ones and see how my results are. I'll report back....if the thread is still open :)

h2O4menu

Aug 29, 2016
Visit site
Re: This lag is unfreakingbelievable

See if they'll exchange the phone. It's too expensive and new to be having any issues.

I'm new to Android phones (long time Apple guy). My new Galaxy Note 7s is just 2 days out. With an Apple phone, if I had a problem, I would take it to an Apple store and they would either fix it or replace it. So, if I have a problem with my new phone, do I head for the ATT store where I bought it??

sydneycooper1979

Moderator Sergeant at Arms
Jan 17, 2012
Visit site

I'm new to Android phones (long time Apple guy). My new Galaxy Note 7s is just 2 days out. With an Apple phone, if I had a problem, I would take it to an Apple store and they would either fix it or replace it. So, if I have a problem with my new phone, do I head for the ATT store where I bought it??
Yep!

mjcecil

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site

This was the first phone I had to FDR in a long time to fix an issue. I will say its better after the FDR, I will make a final decision in a few days.

It's pretty safe to say that if you have good performance immediately after a Factory Reset, then it's an app (or apps) and not the phone. I know you have 200 apps ( maybe bears some consideration ), but systematically installing and testing the phone after each app or group of apps might help.

I wouldn't be so quick to condemn the phone when it's clearly a software problem. (You might consider that putting the same piece of software on a different hardware type or software version and having the performance tank indicates poor software design and inadequate testing.)

w7sg

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site

AT&T here, no smartswitch, i get the lag, sometimes. Extremely annoying.

AT&T has done 1 update.

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 21, 2011
Visit site

This is my number one thing that I miss. I like knowing that I can walk into an Apple store and resolve an issue right there. I have only had to use it a few times but it was nice to know that I have that option. The carriers in general have terrible customer service in that regard. It's just the way it is. I don't see it getting any better.

Adranalyne

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
Surprised this thread is still going. Reset and set up as a new phone and it should work just fine. If it isn't, you either got a lemon and should exchange it or you're embellishing the problems and not helping anyone at all.

ihbsbA

May 16, 2010
Visit site

I'm on sprint and i do lag sometimes. What's even more frustrating is when I'm playing a song thru bt and i get a text or even on the phone the music becomes choppy.

Posted via the Android Central App
Same... My bt gets choppy

ihbsbA

May 16, 2010
Visit site
I've been an android fan for a long time. Had every single note. This phone is lagging. It has to be an app, I would like to troubleshoot with someone.. My animations are off, but I'm using TouchWiz. I'm going to set up nova and see what happens.

NelsonNg

Aug 29, 2016
Visit site
I found that after I disabled briefing (in system apps within application settings), using the native Samsung browser, it improved the performance dramatically. Phone is running very smooth. I used device maintenance as well but not routinely (in settings). I'm not sure which of these things helped the performance or if all three of them did but phone is running buttery smooth. Hope this helps!

crystinonfire

Jan 29, 2013
Visit site
This is exactly my sentiment. My note 5 was way smoother than this note 7. I can compare them side by side side i have the note 5 to my wife to replace her note 4. The note 5 barely ever hitched when scrolling or moving from app to app the note 7 does almost every time. I'm not happy about it.

I had to factory reset my phone twice and the second time i didn't install any apps at the initial setup or import any of my previous settings. Phone is working much better now.

koxta

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
I don't know if it's related, but I see choppiness in some gaming apps that used to work great on my Note 5, to the point where the games can become unplayable. I can literally run these two phones side by side and Note 5 is so much smoother. I did try factory reset, disabling some bloatware (Briefing, T-Mobile and Samsung apps), but nothing seems to be helping. Very infrequently, the games will work as they should, nice and smooth, but most of the time it's rather bad...

Js2000ster

Aug 26, 2016
Visit site
I don't know if it's related, but I see choppiness in some gaming apps that used to work great on my Note 5, to the point where the games can become unplayable. I can literally run these two phones side by side and Note 5 is so much smoother. I did try factory reset, disabling some bloatware (Briefing, T-Mobile and Samsung apps), but nothing seems to be helping. Very infrequently, the games will work as they should, nice and smooth, but most of the time it's rather bad...

I hear ya. There was something just off. Once I received a phone call and the N7 was ringing, but there was no way to answer the phone because the screen stayed completely black! Finally after about 5 rings the screen flickered on, but it was too late. It's like it took several seconds for the phone to catch up to tell it to turn on the screen. Weird.

ihbsbA

May 16, 2010
Visit site
I found that after I disabled briefing (in system apps within application settings), using the native Samsung browser, it improved the performance dramatically. Phone is running very smooth. I used device maintenance as well but not routinely (in settings). I'm not sure which of these things helped the performance or if all three of them did but phone is running buttery smooth. Hope this helps!
Wait, where? Tell me this process please....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jsmith786x