Note 7 - This lag is unfreakingbelievable

Status
Not open for further replies.

speedlever

Trusted Member
Dec 31, 2011
Visit site
You have to wonder if this will revive the removable battery option in future devices. It sure would be a lot cheaper to replace defective batteries than the entire phone. Yikes.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Nah.. I doubt it. This isn't normal, as they said. They just had too many happen very quickly.

There are always batteries that explode on phones.

speedlever

Trusted Member
Dec 31, 2011
Visit site
Nah.. I doubt it. This isn't normal, as they said. They just had too many happen very quickly.

There are always batteries that explode on phones.

While I recognize that Apple does some really nice things, the quest to out-Apple Apple with glass phones/sealed batteries never ceases to amaze me. And disappoint me. And yes, even Apple seems to have some exploding batteries in iPhones. Unless the Pixel XL or V20 wows me, I might be looking at my first ever iPhone in the near future. And I am not happy about it.

The only thing I can think of I'd like to see carried over from Apple is the ability of Android to update the OS/security with timely updates and not have to do a FDR after the fact. And keep those updates coming even after 2 years from release. Not everyone trades phones yearly.

Last edited:

qnet

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
I'm not trying to be funny or a smart a, but this could be an opportunity to get a new phone that doesn't stutter as much. I was on the fence about exchanging the phone, and I'm a day past my two week return window.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
I'm not trying to be funny or a smart a, but this could be an opportunity to get a new phone that doesn't stutter as much. I was on the fence about exchanging the phone, and I'm a day past my two week return window.
Exactly it would be. This is also a phone that will go through major quality control.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Mod Note, let's keep things on topic. There's already a thread discussing the recall, if that is what you wish to discuss

treyeumph

Sep 2, 2016
Visit site
Guys I think I found the fix!!! I created an account just to post this.

I'm on T-Mobile coming from the note 5 and the performance after the first few days was atrocious. Apps super slow to load, keyboard lag, stuttering under load not to mention the phone getting really hot. Battery life has been solid for me. Better than n5. While the battery and heat is something that Samsung needs to address, the lag has been tremendously reduced and now all of a sudden my note 7 is the beast that I envisioned it should be.

THE FIX THAT WORKED FOR ME
Disable all apps that you don't use. I disabled svoice, s-health, lookout, and a couple others.

The biggest factor was changing scaling from Large to Small. I'm using TouchWiz and Google keyboard too. My phone is really hot right now but still butter smooth and blazing fast. Maybe a bug with scaling I don't know, but I promise, it feels like a new phone now. If this works for you, please share this message.

Tsepz_GP

Apr 20, 2013
Visit site
Wtf Samsung. It was nice for the first few days but now the lag is unbelievable.

Once again, great hardware. Crappy software. Even typing this message was a PITA
It needs more RAM and better optimisation. I'm pretty sure it is running out of RAM early and aggressively closing tasks, causing a huge bottle neck in processes.

This is what happens when you add the Note stuff to S Hardware.

cardboard60

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
Guys I think I found the fix!!! I created an account just to post this.

I'm on T-Mobile coming from the note 5 and the performance after the first few days was atrocious. Apps super slow to load, keyboard lag, stuttering under load not to mention the phone getting really hot. Battery life has been solid for me. Better than n5. While the battery and heat is something that Samsung needs to address, the lag has been tremendously reduced and now all of a sudden my note 7 is the beast that I envisioned it should be.

THE FIX THAT WORKED FOR ME
Disable all apps that you don't use. I disabled svoice, s-health, lookout, and a couple others.

The biggest factor was changing scaling from Large to Small. I'm using TouchWiz and Google keyboard too. My phone is really hot right now but still butter smooth and blazing fast. Maybe a bug with scaling I don't know, but I promise, it feels like a new phone now. If this works for you, please share this message.

I went in and disabled a lot of apps I don't use and optimized everything from Day one.

Scaling what from Large to Small.
What are you talking about.

Status
Not open for further replies.