Note 7 - This lag is unfreakingbelievable

Status
Not open for further replies.

anon(10010578)

Aug 30, 2016
Visit site
There is a huge amount of bloat for Tmobile... I have since disabled and it didn't make any difference at all. Again, I will re-iterate... There are a lot of QC issues. They rushed and no fanboy/girl can tell me otherwise. Apple did it with the antenna, but this isn't an antenna. It's dangerous for 1. And 2, the lag makes the phone barely usable. I just don't see how 3 phones (had reception issues) but NO LAG. And now a 4th phone and the LAG sucks and so does the reception.

So, no one has received a new one, out of the new batch yet? Wondering if any differences in firmware etc...

cardboard60

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
Both phones perform the same? Do you notice if one phone has better data reception, specifically dBM?

Both has the same processor, Both has about the same memory.
The S7E has a 100 ah bigger battery. The S7 Edge has the screen that is more curved which I don't care for as much as the note.
The application program in the Note 7 is better.
I usually run it on wifi.
And even when I'm out I don't notice any difference in the way they operate and the speed.
Look to see how many bars you have on your phones signal strength.
Or if you are near something that causes RF interference.

Has anybody done a hard Reset ?

https://www.google.com/webhp?source...be doing a hard reset on a note 7 to stop lag

anon(10010578)

Aug 30, 2016
Visit site
When I was returning my Note 7 at t-mo yesterday I was chatting with the two employees that were handling the 30-minute return process. I mentioned how I was surprised a phone this powerful still exhibited some lag, and they commented a lot of the other Note 7 customers had said the same thing and they both noticed it when playing around with the Note 7 themselves. They also said the lag was not there on the S7/edge.

While I am not a Samsung fan (yes, it's not obvious) at the moment... I as well noticed the same thing. Except this is my 4th phone. And I have spent 4 hours at a time (you can call the store) waiting at the store for Data to be transferred. I work for the Dept. of Transportation so leaving the phone somewhere is not an option if you get what I am saying. I have to baby sit it...

While watching, over hearing, and listening to reps - as well as talking to them, they all pretty much echo'd what you said here. That the S7 Edge was blazing fast over the note. I played with their demo there at the store which was almost maxed out on apps due to people playing around on it, and someone putting a valid account to play with - and it was still WAY faster than the note that I have in my possession. Not sure why a phone with 500 megs of space left on it was out performing mine with almost 50 gigs on it.

No Lag... and I mean "NO" lag... Everything just popped up... And this was before I killed the 094902348423409238402398 apps that were all running on it.

I can't help but think they dropped the ball here in more ways than just the battery, especially with all of the negative experiences I have had thus far and the vast difference in speeds I have seen in doing benchmark tests. The poor reception... the notification tones that on the first 3 sounded like a DJ remix when they played, because they just looped.

The easy thing to say is "well, just get rid of the phone" blah blah... which is the childrens way of saying they don't have much else to provide. On the other side, there is those of us that really do want it to work. For 900.00 it should work out of the box like a BEAST! I have had my quirks with most manufactures, no one is omni-potent. But this phone as of now is a partial disaster. I would not have spent the money on it, if I didn't want to give it a chance. Just hope that someone from Samsung follows these forums and reaches out to some of us to find out what the hell is going on and what they can do to fix it... It has the potential to be great but there are some things that are lacking.

Android side as well... fix the crashing of the phone. Fix the issues that you're responsible for. This isn't all samsung - (except the battery, reception problems).

anon(10010578)

Aug 30, 2016
Visit site
AT&T is the worst.

Well Damn! LOL

I thought the 7 apps or so they put on here were garbage. NOT TO MENTION, right when I turned on the phone, and we put the Sim Card in - I received a Candy Crush pop up. On another phone, I received some other type of Google Ad thingy... Real poo poo!

jbcatl

Aug 23, 2016
Visit site
What are the native software differences between the S7 Edge and the Note 7, if the carrier (or unlocked) is constant? I have no idea. I was a long-time iOS user until I flipped for the Note 7 back on 8/20.

Both my Note 7 and my interim(?) S7 Edge were factory fresh (no old restore for me) and I immediately noticed how much faster the Edge was. My Note 7 never obviously lagged like some people have described, but it definitely didn't have the smoothness of iOS, or what one would expect from a brand new flagship device.

rdcrds

Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
So if and when these new N7's come do you recommend to boot the phone up then do a hard reset? do all this before you restore the cloud backup? thanks.

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
Re: This lag is unfreakingbelievable

I've gone back to my Note5...and i gotta tell you...IT'S WAY SMOOTHER than my Note7 was. And I even tried returning my first Note7 hoping I got a defective one. NOPE...the lag was real.

I did everything people have suggested doing in the forums here...and while it did minimize the lag to a large degree...i shouldn't have to turn off features and have my music skipping when I'm using Google Maps. My Note5 has never had a single issue aside from the battery going too quickly.

This sucks. I fell in love with the Note7's smaller footprint, the stellar camera, and the water proofing that gave me peace of mind (esp when i'm out cycling.) I still love my Note5...so i guess i'll have to love it a little bit longer. I have no desire to get a replacement Note7 and go thru the same cycle of limiting the features on my feature rich phone.

anon(10010578)

Aug 30, 2016
Visit site

I seem to be ahead of the curve.. as two weeks ago, I stated there was no way they could get all 2.5 million phones replaced unless they sacrificed quality control "YET AGAIN". I just spoke with T-MO and they advised me that the phones have been pushed back for another 2 weeks at the minimum. They don't have an exact date on it yet... Wondering if they are addressing the multitude of other issues that are on this phone or if they are just trying to get batteries produced as quickly as possible...? Argh!

robber

Oct 2, 2009
Visit site

I seem to be ahead of the curve.. as two weeks ago, I stated there was no way they could get all 2.5 million phones replaced unless they sacrificed quality control "YET AGAIN". I just spoke with T-MO and they advised me that the phones have been pushed back for another 2 weeks at the minimum. They don't have an exact date on it yet... Wondering if they are addressing the multitude of other issues that are on this phone or if they are just trying to get batteries produced as quickly as possible...? Argh!

Samsung had ramped up production already to meet demand before the recall, and has an active supplier with good batteries. Why is it so unlikely that they could produce new devices in volume quickly? Evidence suggest otherwise. Samsung is already delivering new devices in other markets. Many retailers in the USA have the new devices based on info from multiple sources.

The CPSC appears to be who is causing the delay with USA availability, not Samsung.

One thing about lag is that it always exists, and people cant help but focus on it. Go back and look in the forums from years ago, there is a thread like this on every device. These same complaints have been being made for as long as I can remember which is a decade or more.

ScottJ28

Aug 16, 2016
Visit site
Looks like now is a good time to go back to IOS and try the iphone 7 Plus. Love the Note 5 and Note 7, but with the dark cloud that's hanging over the Note 7, it has me rethinking keeping the device. And with cash that I'll receive from my Note 7 return, it's a good time to dip the ole foot into IOS and give it a try.

accordex#AC

Aug 18, 2012
Visit site

It always seems to be people that haven't posted in any other thread in the device's forum, too. Which definitely seems suspect.

That being said, my Note 4 did have a lot of lag but it was still an awesome device.

I have horrible lag on mine as well. I bought an Axon 7 thinking I'd use that for a bit until the new units arrive, hopefully along with a software update. I can tell you right now the Axon 7 is FASTER and snappier. I drive for Uber, and when a ride request comes in, I tap to accept it, it switch to the actual uber app, then I click on navigate to open maps. My Moto X pure did this faster than the Note 7, the Axon 7 did this faster than the Note 7...much much faster...in fact I constantly have horrible lag when doing this, and with maps app in general.
I also have a Tab S2 with a Snap Dragon 652 (mid range chip) which opens apps and runs fluid 3x better than the Note 7. Sometimes if I'm navigating, I'll get a phone call and my car stereo (connected via Bluetooth) will ring and show an icon to answer before my Note 7 can even display the answer/decline prompt.

There is something HORRIBLY wrong with this phone or software and I really hope it gets fixed. I'm not here to bash on the phone or Samsung. I'm here to say the lag is real, and there is an issue, obviously, with the phone. I had to return the Axon 7, because as other's have stated, the signal is very weak, I only got 1 bar on T-Mobile, however along with that, the GPS signal was horrible as well, so, while the Maps app loaded fast and was buttery smooth, the GPS signal itself was crap.

anon(10010578)

Aug 30, 2016
Visit site

Samsung had ramped up production already to meet demand before the recall, and has an active supplier with good batteries. Why is it so unlikely that they could produce new devices in volume quickly? Evidence suggest otherwise. Samsung is already delivering new devices in other markets. Many retailers in the USA have the new devices based on info from multiple sources.

The CPSC appears to be who is causing the delay with USA availability, not Samsung.

One thing about lag is that it always exists, and people cant help but focus on it. Go back and look in the forums from years ago, there is a thread like this on every device. These same complaints have been being made for as long as I can remember which is a decade or more.

I was aware they stepped in and I am aware they ramped up production. That is a given... What isn't are the other issues that my self and many others are getting. I want to know if Samsung just plans to sit with the status quo an just give new batteries etc out or if they are going to actually address other problems that exist.

I was not aware of the lag, only that supposedly people have these super fast notes that have no issues and are always fast and no matter what - they never break or crash. That is what I have gotten for the most part.. Of course if you disagree you get flamed. (¯\_(ツ)_/¯)

We shall see...

benjamminh

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
Rather interesting info... coming from benchmark testers. I know most of you don't care about the Fruit, but hey - being an owner of both... it's interesting to compare the two numbers... and the Fruit 7 is obliterating everyone on speed!

iPhone 7 vs. iPhone 6s vs. Galaxy Note 7: AnTuTu benchmark scores | BGR
Yawn, it should with that lower res screen. Now if you make the argument you can't tell the difference between the screens, that may well be true. Moto Z Force with a qhd screen has done 154,000 on the benchmark.

anon(10010578)

Aug 30, 2016
Visit site
No, you can tell the difference with the screens... however with more memory and "they claim the best processor out there" AND BEING A FLAG ship.. it should destroy the iPhone etc... That is, if you drink the Kool-aid and aren't a "realist". Real world going through benchmarks I would give you 3/4k extra to play with, they iPhone decimated the competition. Now what is to be seen is the real world performance out of production phones... It may very well change + or -....

And I forgot to add that there isn't that much 2.5 content out there in the first place. So when these tests are going on, the power and GPU are still working pretty much the same. The processor in the Note 7 compensates for the lack of resolution so to speak and reduces where it needs to...

Last edited:

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
That is what I have gotten for the most part.. Of course if you disagree you get flamed. (¯\_(ツ)_/¯)

No one is being flamed. Some may argue / disagree but that doesn't mean they're "flaming" someone for disagreeing.

No, you can tell the difference with the screens... however with more memory and "they claim the best processor out there" AND BEING A FLAG ship.. it should destroy the iPhone etc... That is, if you drink the Kool-aid and aren't a "realist". Real world going through benchmarks I would give you 3/4k extra to play with, they iPhone decimated the competition. Now what is to be seen is the real world performance out of production phones... It may very well change + or -....

And I forgot to add that there isn't that much 2.5 content out there in the first place. So when these tests are going on, the power and GPU are still working pretty much the same. The processor in the Note 7 compensates for the lack of resolution so to speak and reduces where it needs to...

I never really cared about benchmarks and pitting this phone versus that phone. If that other phone can open an app 1 second faster I personally don't see a huge issue with it. I don't go and buy my phone choices on which ones opens the app faster. For day to day use I had zero issues when I had the Note 7. Sadly they had this huge battery thing but if they didn't I would still be using it today without a hiccup or worry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21