Note 7 - This lag is unfreakingbelievable

Status
Not open for further replies.

eyecon82

May 26, 2010
Visit site
This phone is a complete disaster aside from the battery issue....

lag is unbelievable.....exynos versions have brickgate, they rushed this phone out too early and sacrifised quality control...

even the naysayers that were here earlier on in the thread have disappeared....this lag is real!!

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

lag is unbelievable.....exynos versions have brickgate, they rushed this phone out too early and sacrifised quality control...

even the naysayers that were here earlier on in the thread have disappeared....this lag is real!!

When I had mine I had none of the lag. It isn't that we have disappeared I just don't see it as a very productive thing to keep posting it over and over. I didn't experience the same issues you mention.. especially the ones where you talk about Google Maps causing it to go nuts. My phone worked as it should -- I returned simply due to the battery fiasco.

Ca_lvn

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
I really don't understand this lag thread when I have no lag any time,multi tasking with google maps running.
I still think most of this is the way people set up there phone maby transfurs maby 3rd party apps possible currier bloat.
If any thing the software update improved my phone.
Runs so well im dreading the trade.

eyecon82

May 26, 2010
Visit site
When I had mine I had none of the lag. It isn't that we have disappeared I just don't see it as a very productive thing to keep posting it over and over. I didn't experience the same issues you mention.. especially the ones where you talk about Google Maps causing it to go nuts. My phone worked as it should -- I returned simply due to the battery fiasco.
It probably comes down to a quality control issue. Maybe a bad batch of RAM?

BlackZeppelin

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
I have horrible lag on mine as well. I bought an Axon 7 thinking I'd use that for a bit until the new units arrive, hopefully along with a software update. I can tell you right now the Axon 7 is FASTER and snappier. I drive for Uber, and when a ride request comes in, I tap to accept it, it switch to the actual uber app, then I click on navigate to open maps. My Moto X pure did this faster than the Note 7, the Axon 7 did this faster than the Note 7...much much faster...in fact I constantly have horrible lag when doing this, and with maps app in general.
I also have a Tab S2 with a Snap Dragon 652 (mid range chip) which opens apps and runs fluid 3x better than the Note 7. Sometimes if I'm navigating, I'll get a phone call and my car stereo (connected via Bluetooth) will ring and show an icon to answer before my Note 7 can even display the answer/decline prompt.

There is something HORRIBLY wrong with this phone or software and I really hope it gets fixed. I'm not here to bash on the phone or Samsung. I'm here to say the lag is real, and there is an issue, obviously, with the phone. I had to return the Axon 7, because as other's have stated, the signal is very weak, I only got 1 bar on T-Mobile, however along with that, the GPS signal was horrible as well, so, while the Maps app loaded fast and was buttery smooth, the GPS signal itself was crap.

May I ask everyone how does this happen? A phone with the latest processors and the mighty Snapdragon 820 to be having such issues? I am still using a Galaxy S5 and it is running smooth and fast.

accordex#AC

Aug 18, 2012
Visit site
I had a Samsung Vibrant (1st galaxy) and S3...the vibrant lagged like crazy, but this was wayyy back in 2011...the S3 was faster but still lagged. Then I got the G2...best phone ever! LOL.... then Moto X Pure...next best phone ever! Then I bought the S7 edge and honestly I felt like it was starting to stutter too. I figured I got a bad one or something, because people were reviewing and posting about it like it was way above the best phone ever created. Returned it. So I thought what the hell, give the Note 7 a shot...it honestly feels like I'm using the Vibrant again sometimes. the performance is that bad in certain situations. Sometimes it's perfectly smooth, but then sometimes it feels like a computer trying to read a damaged hard drive. I don't know if it's the battery doing something to the processor, or ram or what, but it's not right, and honestly a little bit of it is most likely touch-wiz...as many praises, and some deserved, as they have gotten from the reviewers, it's far for perfect and smooth. I honestly though that Samsung by now could figure it out, but I don't think they ever will. The hardware is beautiful and the wireless charging and water proofing is great. Aside from that.............

accordex#AC

Aug 18, 2012
Visit site
May I ask everyone how does this happen? A phone with the latest processors and the mighty Snapdragon 820 to be having such issues? I am still using a Galaxy S5 and it is running smooth and fast.

It's not even that it happened on a phone with SD 820, it's that it happened to THIS phone. It's a $950 phone. The battery issue I can deal with...things happen. Clearly the performance issues and numerous bugs is what gets me, that's real world testing that MUST have been noticed and ignored.

archer75

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
I really don't understand this lag thread when I have no lag any time,multi tasking with google maps running.
I still think most of this is the way people set up there phone maby transfurs maby 3rd party apps possible currier bloat.
If any thing the software update improved my phone.
Runs so well im dreading the trade.
I don't think some people notice it. Or haven't had a lag free phone so they don't really know what it looks like. My note 7 was quite laggy. My wife has a note 7 as well and says hers is fine. I've been watching her use it and it is laggy and I pointed it out but she doesn't seem to notice it. Granted it's not as laggy as mine is. But we also run different apps too.
I have a friend who had a note 4 and commented on how laggy this game was he was playing. He didn't think it was laggy at all. I would estimate it was running around 15fps.

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
Yes! Next to Nexus 4, LG G2 best android phone eva! :) i read so may reviews how they all seem to agree their is lag to some degree. Listen to flossy review at 19 minute mark and his recommendation in minute 21...

Samsung and touchwiz is feature rich... nothing wrong with that... but samsung have to keep updating it as often as needed.

https://youtu.be/iZhbU0H6fMM

DudeThatsErin

Mar 30, 2014
Visit site
I have used a Nexus 6p in the past. I only got this phone for the camera and water proofing. I have also used an s3 and s4.
I don't notice very much lag. Every now and then on the keyboard but since I'm using Nova Launcher I don't have any lag. Not when going to the hone screen or loading any apps. I don't have any apps disabled. It is going to suck not being able to root but nice cause i would root one week and unroot the next. So annoying.

I still think it was worth it... At least for now.

jj2339

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site
When I had mine, it was fairly smooth but sometimes would lock up and stutter. Once I was showing a friend the device, and it was super stuttery to the point my friend was like, you paid money for this? And there were other times when it just locked up for s few seconds, but not always. Enough to be annoying.

Overall it did tend to work well, I could stream music and do GPS and BT and no issues. Sometimes the keyboard would lag. It was not as smooth as my iPhone even at the best of times, but by no means a bad experience. I was more than happy to keep it, aside from the battery problems going on.

I had an s3 and hatred TouchWiz, but was impressed with how much it improved in the interim.

With all the worry though about the resale values, use on planes, and my personal fear that Samsung won't continue to support due to less people buying one, I may not get it once it comes out again... Shame, I loved it while I had it. But mine got very hot a few times, so didn't feel safe with it. And now my confidence is low.

yomny Martinez

Nov 13, 2008
Visit site
May I ask how on earth this happens? I have a Galaxy S5 and it runs buttery smooth. On a a few rare occasions, I notice a slowing and stuttering, so I restart it and all is good again. But like I say, it's a rare event.

How on earth can a phone 2 yrs later in development be having performance issues like this? This mighty Snapdragon 820 vs my 801.

I'm surprised too, i didn't restore any apps or backup. I started with a fresh account. I tried doing the same things on my wifes Note 5 and it was buttery smooth. Cant recall now in what screens this happened but its mainly when opening up/unlocking, camera open and or any other apps. Mind you, this happens maybe 1 outta 7 actions but i guess i wasn't really expecting it at all. Especially with the new UI being or supposedly being faster.

boltsbearsjosh

Sep 4, 2016
Visit site
No one is being flamed. Some may argue / disagree but that doesn't mean they're "flaming" someone for disagreeing.

I never really cared about benchmarks and pitting this phone versus that phone. If that other phone can open an app 1 second faster I personally don't see a huge issue with it. I don't go and buy my phone choices on which ones opens the app faster. For day to day use I had zero issues when I had the Note 7. Sadly they had this huge battery thing but if they didn't I would still be using it today without a hiccup or worry.

This is the worst part of the whole thing. I really, truly didn't want to exchange my Note 7 for a S7E because deep down I just knew that I probably had a better chance of being struck by lightning than my phone catching fire, but, I have kids at home who like to look at my phone and play games...sigh...so, I had to put their safety over my stubbornness. I like the S7E OKAY I guess, it's just not as good as the Note 7. It doesn't look like the Note will be re-released anytime soon either, so, I'm probably going to end up getting stuck with the Edge...which is okay, I'll get over it and just get the S8 next year. It just sucks, I hadn't gotten excited over a phone as much as I did with the Note 7 in quite a few years.

boltsbearsjosh

Sep 4, 2016
Visit site

I didn't have any lag at all the time I had the Note 7. it actually ran better than any other Android phone I've ever owned before.

anon(10010578)

Aug 30, 2016
Visit site
Alas this is where the issues are. One person claims to have no lag, where there are more videos showing "lots of lag". I've had more phones than most here (4 note 7's to be exact) and all had similar issues. A few had no lag, but alas Ive had the worst lag ever on the phone I have currently. And one other thing that is coming predominant is the amount of apps that just crash. Programs that come highly rated in the store and reviewed... And they are still taking a dump. It is the same apps over and over though, which means there is something definitely up.

Bottom line is they need to get this resolved and they also need to verify all of the other complaints and resolve those too!

boltsbearsjosh

Sep 4, 2016
Visit site
Alas this is where the issues are. One person claims to have no lag, where there are more videos showing "lots of lag". I've had more phones than most here (4 note 7's to be exact) and all had similar issues. A few had no lag, but alas Ive had the worst lag ever on the phone I have currently. And one other thing that is coming predominant is the amount of apps that just crash. Programs that come highly rated in the store and reviewed... And they are still taking a dump. It is the same apps over and over though, which means there is something definitely up.

Bottom line is they need to get this resolved and they also need to verify all of the other complaints and resolve those too!
Yeah idk. Like I said, no lag at all on the one I had. No app crashing either. Who knows what was going on with the Note phones at this point. Could have been anything causing those issues you had/have

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

Sounds like an app issue than that needs to be addressed to the developers. I use the same apps on all my phones and they all work as they should (even on iOS).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mike7star